Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBEM Human-Human Diplomacy through SLIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little BUMP to let y'all know that I for one haven't forgotten about this project yet: I've been busy with other stuff for a while but I almost have the interface part of this mod up and running. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it either this or next week and make a good start on hanging the actual proposals into the interface as well and post a working beta sometime next week or the week after that...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I think I missed this thread, and had no idea it was so advanced. I checked out your SLIC and decided to stay out of it...

<--SLIC-->

-|-
      / \

Over my head...

Good luck Locutus, I'll have a go at this. How do you open the diplomacy screen?

Ben
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Sounds great Locutus and Dale. I'm not happy with Activision either Steve, I can't really name anyone here that is actually. But I am glad there's a few knowledgeable people outside these ******* corporations who are willing to apply themselves to bettering gameplay for all of us. Free of charge, I might add. There's plenty of other threads to slam Activision on dude. There's somethin' constructive and beneficial goin' on here for all of us who are still clinging to our civ's though, ok. So please slam the corporations in the appropriate thread.
        Locutus and Dale, what you guys do for the civ community here is awesome. I've benefitted much from previous works by both of you. And I look forward to any of your future creations a great deal. Thx.
        [This message has been edited by Fuzzball (edited May 09, 2001).]
        Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

quote:

Also, how should the messages be triggered? I'm fairly certain that it can't be done by pressing a key (which *was* possible in CtP1), so some other way to trigger this will have to be thought up.

What was the key mabe the key is present in the ctp2.exe but not in the userkeymap.txt

Here is a list of keys that could be use in the userkeymap.txt that I found in the ctp2.exe:

NOOP
          MOVE_NORTH
          MOVE_NORTHWEST
          MOVE_NORTHEAST
          MOVE_WEST
          MOVE_EAST
          MOVE_SOUTHWEST
          MOVE_SOUTH
          MOVE_SOUTHEAST
          UNIT_CITY_TOGGLE
          NEXT_ITEM
          KEYBOARD_SELECT_UNIT
          NEXTROUND

ENDTURN
          OPEN_ARMY_MGR
          SLEEP
          ENTRENCH
          SETTLE
          PILLAGE
          BOMBARD
          REFORM
          EXPEL
          UNLOAD_TRANS
          INVESTIGATE_CITY
          PLANT_NUKE
          BIOINFECT
          ANOTERROR
          CREATE_PARK
          SPACE_LAUNCH
          PARADROP
          OPEN_CIV_STATUS
          OPEN_CITY_STATUS
          CITY_MANAGEMENT
          BUILD_QUEUE
          CLEAR_QUEUE
          OPEN_SCIENCE_STATUS
          OPEN_UNIT_STATUS
          OPEN_TRADE_STATUS
          TRADE_SUMMARY
          OPEN_DIPLOMACY
          NEW_PROPOSAL
          OPEN_GREAT_LIBRARY
          OPEN_INFO_SCREEN
          TIMELINE
          RANK
          CIVTAB
          CITYTAB
          UNITTAB
          MSGTAB
          TILETAB
          CHAT_KEY
          NETWORK_PLAYERS_SCREEN
          OPEN_SCENARIO_EDITOR
          REMAP_KEYBOARD
          OPEN_OPTIONS_SCREEN
          SOUND_OPTIONS
          GRAPHICS_OPTIONS
          GAMEPLAY_OPTIONS
          ADVANCED_OPTIONS
          RESTART
          NEW_GAME
          SAVE_GAME
          LOAD_GAME
          SAVE_WORLD
          LOAD_WORLD
          QUIT
          CITY_NAMES
          TRADE_ROUTES
          CENTER_MAP
          CLOSE
          TOGGLE_RADAR
          TOGGLE_CONTROL_PANEL
          TOGGLE_ALL
          ZOOM_IN1
          ZOOM_OUT1
          EXECUTE_EYEPOINT
          YES
          NO
          TOGGLE_SPACE
          ZOOM_OUT2
          ZOOM_IN2
          PROCESS_UNIT_ORDERS
          HELP_MODE_TOGGLE
          MOVE_ORDER
          EXECUTE_ORDERS
          END_UNIT_TURN
          GROUP_ARMY
          UNGROUP_ARMY
          MOVE_UP_OR_DOWN
          OPEN_CITY_VIEW
          DESCEND
          CONTROL_BUILD
          CONTROL_NEXT
          CONTROL_PREV
          userkeymap.txt
          keymap.txt
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Are you sure ?

Grr I cant stand activision file-swapping BS. hacking through jungles of txt files. Really strain's the eye's. On the mplayer Lan front, I tried to reduce the TGA size so that the page woudnt tear and make 40,000 resync's. The smaller tga's worked great on single player. But like everything else from activision, these reduced Tga's crash in Mplayer mode even when both user's use the same files. I gave my best go at the mplayer problem, Im begining to think it can't be fixed. However I would like to divert my modding time to begin working on a Cracked-Executable .
            [This message has been edited by Saddam (edited May 11, 2001).]

Comment

Locutus, if you suceed, send the mod to me first. Then I will announce the PBEM patch to the Apolyton world - I am the right person to do this, you understand .

------------------
              Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve5304 on 03-04-2001 12:53 PM
                Its a Hidden Feature ! how can anyone test this......unless they work for CCraptivision and are preparing the patch.. 52.00 bucks...., I will never fforget Activisions Treachery for not making the AI worthy ! I have given up on ctp2 , I eagerly await Civ3.

so have I, almost-but i stil modyfy both ctps occasinally.

Comment

BUMP

Hi Locutus
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks, IW. I just found that the archives were back earlier tonight but hadn't gotten around to looking up this thread again.

To show my appreciation, I found you a (minor) bug in the plague code, so go check out the plague thread in the Creation forum

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      I think I missed this thread, and had no idea it was so advanced. I checked out your SLIC and decided to stay out of it...

<--SLIC-->

-|-
                      / \

Over my head...

Good luck Locutus, I'll have a go at this. How do you open the diplomacy screen?

Ben
                      Good grief Wombat, was that you last May? How times change.

Comment

Yeah, those good old days But you couldn't blame him really, have you seen the code? Even I will get some serious headaches from this if I want to try to understand this again after all this time At the time I actually seriously considered not posting that prototype - I didn't want to discourage people like IW too much

Comment

Nope, haven't seen the code. Where did you post it?

Comment

In that huge post of mine halfway the thread. But don't bother looking it up, here it is again.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look at it before I hit the sack. Cya tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                                Thanks, IW. I just found that the archives were back earlier tonight but hadn't gotten around to looking up this thread again.

To show my appreciation, I found you a (minor) bug in the plague code, so go check out the plague thread in the Creation forum
                                No probs. Thanks for pointing that stuff out.
                                Good grief Wombat, was that you last May? How times change.
                                Indeed, now its just the AI routines that are ver my head...

Comment

Working...
                                X