X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by DarthVeda on 11-08-2000 07:17 PM
    That's low man.

Ok that was abit low but it really annoys me when you keep putting this brilliant game down.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Osco on 11-09-2000 06:00 AM
      Ok that was abit low but it really annoys me when you keep putting this brilliant game down.

I'll grant you that it's a brilliant game. However you must remember that the execution is what I (and I believe several others, including DV) have issues with. IMHO, CTP was some groundbreaking new ideas badly needed for a game system that was going stale. The space layer was cool, but turned out not to be such a good idea. Colonizing undersea was excellent! The unconventional warfare units with different levels of visibility was brilliant! SLIC made the whole thing incredibly customizable. And the flawd implimentation of the scenario/modification system made it all but worthless until some 3rd party came along and wrote a VBA application to fix it because Activision stopped supporting the game before it was finished. Now they've removed alot of the flexability for multiplayer (hotseat and PBEM) and won't even commit to making a patch. They want to see if the game will sell before commiting any more resources to it, I guess. Well, guess what? I want to see if Activision will finish writing the game before I commit any more resources to them. It only seems fair to me. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, right?

------------------
      Big Dave

Fool me once, shame on you.
      Fool me twice, shame on me!
      Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Hotseat is lame and pbem is too slow
        everybody has 2 computers these days so the only way to play this game is LAN. once you start playing it LAN you will never play it any other way.

Comment

I look forward to your review Darth.

------------------
          Grrrr!!

Comment

I'll any reviews on it and make up my mind. Needless to say I will most probably get the game regardless. Unless there is so many problems that it wouldn't be worth it....Anyones view is appreciated.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I probably won't get the game till Christmas, so any reviews nyone gives I for one would appreciate.
              "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Osco: There are many threads explaining why PBEM is the best way of playing CTP… go find them…
                One Life One Game...

Comment

I definetly look forward to Darth's review... in addition to Gamespot and Gamesdomain and PC.IGN...
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

Oh, what a cop-out, Darth! Doing it for the good of everyone, are you?

I'll read your review, and probably give it a bit of thought, but don't give us that crap.

Once again, MidKnight hits the nail squarely on the head.

Here' some poetry that I think fits well with the rest of this rhetoric.

When they first saw you Veda,
                    You had fire in your eyes.
                    But when they read your comments Veda,
                    They ate you with their fries!

You'll have to go to MKL's site for some good prose.

(Actually, I think that Veda is really MarkG's alter ego. He's more machine than man, now; created to raise Apolyton ratings).

[This message has been edited by Slingshot (edited November 12, 2000).]

Comment

No, it's "twisted and evil"

Comment

Everybody have their own playing-style (that differs from MarkQ´s). Theres no sutch thing as an 100% objective review. I think it is a good thing that DartVeda and many more, give their own indipendent and personal viewpoints on the game.

Im a civilistic perfectionist "hand-on" micro-manager myself (no mayors and queues). Im just going to review the game from that particular perspective. It aint going to be an "objective" review, in that sense that my interface- and playing-quirks objections, are likely to affect every other playing-style out there just as much.

Comment

I bought the game a minute ago... I shall play it over the thanksgiving break... if the requirements are truthful (and I doubt they are).

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarthVeda on 11-13-2000 01:29 PM
                            I bought the game a minute ago...
                            how did you manage to buy it 6 days before the release?

Comment

*sighs sarcastically* Preorder or time travel, OF COURSE
                              [This message has been edited by TheLimey (edited November 13, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TheLimey on 11-13-2000 05:11 PM
                                *sighs sarcastically* Preorder or time travel, OF COURSE
                                ROFL!!!
                                but of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X