Darth will buy the game to give an HONEST review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darth will buy the game to give an HONEST review

I'm gonna buy it simply because I doubt Markos is capable of giving a straightforward review. I will, however, scrutinize every aspect of the game.

Why do this you say? Because I won't be spending MY money on it

MarkG's review on CTP last year was pretty much spot on. He highlighted the good about CTP but also mentioned some faults of the game ie Diplomacy. How are you going to convince us that your review will be more balanced than MarkG's review? I'm betting your review will be nothing more than a whole list of nitpicking points that doesn't even attempt to highlight the GOOD points of CTP2.

Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey on 11-07-2000 11:45 AM
      MarkG's review on CTP last year was pretty much spot on. He highlighted the good about CTP but also mentioned some faults of the game ie Diplomacy. How are you going to convince us that your review will be more balanced than MarkG's review? I'm betting your review will be nothing more than a whole list of nitpicking points that doesn't even attempt to highlight the GOOD points of CTP2.

You'll see

Comment

I agree than any review by Mark would probably be some more unpaid Activision advertising. I would rather have a skeptic review the game then someone wearing rose colored glasses. I personally think this game is rushed just like CTP1, but if I am wrong I will gladly eat crow, and I think Darth has the integrity to do the same.

Comment

out of all the guinea pigs there are gong to be - i am glad darth is one of them

------------------
          "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
          -Michael Sinz

Comment

I am looking forward to Mark's Preview as well. I dont think it will be biased. I am sure Mark is doing an objective preview. I like to see how his first impressions have changed after some days (if they change).

ATa

Comment

I will be reading everyone's review. The more that review it the better (for me anyway). If a lot of people list the same flaws, then those flaws are probably real. I'm am always skeptical of those who review products, having received those products to review for free. If you want to be a reliable reviewer, pay you $50 and but it. Then if you say good, bad or ugly things, I will listen. There are always exceptions. Some people can receive 'free' products to review and still list the uglies as well as the goods. So, like many of you, I will compare Mark review with those submitted by others. No matter how good the game is as a Human vs AI, I'm waiting for the patch with Hot Seat. Without it, I'll only read about the game. I prefer to play with and against the family and friends in Hot Seat than against some programmed AI.

Comment

Yeah, but once you have the opportunity of buying it, I can also buy it (and will do that, for sure) so your review is not going to make a difference

Comment

Awwwwww, I've ignored Darth for lo, these many months.

So when he gets the game and reviews it, I can ignore him again...

I suspect that the proposed improvements in CTP2 are starting to get to him, but he is not willing to admit that Activision may have gotten in right this time. He plays the game, secretly enjoys it, comes here to publicly slam it to save face - but continues to be a 'closet' player.
                  [This message has been edited by hexagonian (edited November 07, 2000).]
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Here is my my new equation I am currently hypothesizing. Anyone care to review it?

MarkG's review + Darth's review = really balanced review?
                    Monkey I am proud to be!
                    ...Stefu

Comment

Sounds about right...

One thing Darth and I have in common. We both will be getting the game for free.
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I would appreciate your review Darth!

Ata

Comment

Oh, what a cop-out, Darth! Doing it for the good of everyone, are you?

I'll read your review, and probably give it a bit of thought, but don't give us that crap.

------------------
                          - MKL
                          "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
                          Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org .............All welcome.
                          - mkl

Comment

Dont bother DarftVeda
                            as i remember you could not even work out how to play
                            CTP1 so only little kiddies and wanna be TBS players will listen to what you have to say...
                            I need a review from someone who actually can play a good stratergy game like this...and you aint him.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Osco on 11-08-2000 04:32 PM
                              Dont bother DarftVeda
                              as i remember you could not even work out how to play
                              CTP1 so only little kiddies and wanna be TBS players will listen to what you have to say...
                              I need a review from someone who actually can play a good stratergy game like this...and you aint him.

That's low man.

Comment

Working...
                              X