"Behind The Code": D. Ray (Part 2/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Behind The Code": D. Ray (Part 2/3)

The second part of the second "Behind The Code" interview set, where ex-Activisioners talk with Apolyton CS` (ACS) Locutus about the Call To Power series and in particular the second title in light of its pending source code release, is now online.

David "Pyaray" Ray was on the Call To Power II development team as a programmer alongside Richard Myers and Steve Mariotti. In looking back, he discusses his half-year on the Call To Power II development team. He relays the satisfaction he received working on the game and both the other people and the company behind it. He states that with the release of the CTPII source code, fans who choose to delve into it will gain some first-hand experience as to what is involved in such a project.

The third part of the one-on-one chat with Ray will be posted on September 10th. Comments on the first instalment are welcomed in this thread.

----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; August 29, 2003, 23:17.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

That was a good interview Lucutus.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Pyaray did seem kind of detached though didn't he?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why do you say that?

Pyaray

Comment

seemed fine to me? You got to remember that just using text is a very hard way to communicate.Thats why forums and such use smilies
          To help add the emotional content that speaking face to face with someone would convey.
          I'm enjoying these interviews
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Good stuff!
            Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Nice interview. I particularly liked that you said the min specs. How easy to forget these. I know software which require about 100 times as much memory as what was initially planned...
              I too am not sure people will ridicule anyone except themselves if they started mocking the code anyway.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
              X