No announcement yet.

"Behind The Code": W. Lee (Part 1/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I dropped by at a good time... Hey, Winnie the (Lemur) Poo(h)!!!!
    I'm glad to hear from you guys again, though I am saddened by what has happened to you these last couple of years. Is there nothing you can do about the blacklisting? The stuff with the game seems trivial to being shut out of a career you love.
    I still think about you from time to time when I remember the mostly ill-fated public beta testing for Ctp II. I can't remember the designer's name who tried to make that work, I am sure it was one of the guys you mentioned in the interview. Anyway, I knew it was a bad sign for the game when he couldn't even get the mail room to send out our copies of the beta until weeks had passed. It just seems that everything I ever hear about Activision's management style reeks of old farts who treat game marketing like selling soap. They took over the publishing for the new game I am working on now, and already you hear things on the Total War .org forums about the situation.
    Anyway, I hope you can maybe get together with Richard Myers and discuss what it was like. He was let go right after the patch came out, but he contacted me by email and helped me out with some stuff when I was delving deep into the text and AI files. He was "unsatisfied" with how things were rushed out, too, and tried to help with my mod work for a couple of months.

Anyway, glad to hear from you, and I hope things get better in the future.

Wes Whitaker

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all. And thanks to St Swithin for participating.

Good to see you posting again, Wes

nevertheless I'd like to hear more info on the actual development of C:CTP and CTP2. What problems did they run into with the code? What were the worst limitations and work arounds?
      I think at least the modding community should already have a fairly good picture of this

And finally what are the most basic things to consider when trying to work with the code? What is considered to be the "best" part of the CTP2 source?
      Indeed id like to hear what they had planned if they had time to do everything they wanted with the game.
      This was only part 1 of 2. Patience
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Very interesting interview... From my registration I read some stories about the game, its designers, Activision and its management. Before this interview I only had bits of informations, now I have a better idea of the whole picture.

The world of the companies is really a sad world...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Good stuff

but this behaviour is nothing new.........if the boss didn't like you, you are getting blacklisted........And it is hard to get off this list.

Comment

Can someone give me a hint about what she said in the Tony hawk thread? It has been deleted.

Comment

Hi WesW! Good to hear from you. Sorry, I didn't even see this thread until today.

Slax: I took down the Tony Hawk thing because after reading it, I thought maybe I was wallowing a little too deeply in my own crapulence.

Dale: Run with it. I'm sure you'll make something better out of it!!
              -30-

Comment

Working...
              X