No announcement yet.

London Apolyton Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing that Egyptian museum,wish I was there!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yeah, the meet was loads of fun. More of you should be there next time

There was a hell of a lot more than just Egyptian stuff in the British Museum, Solver. But yeah, you missed out big time...

We didn't have time to go to Camden Town But I did go to the British Museum -- twice...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yeah, as I recall there were a number of Assyrian galleries that we didn't even enter. And we just breezed through the Archaemenid gallery. All in all they've got something like 14 acres of exhibits: you could spend a long time there.

Comment

You didnt see the Assyrian section
          Its one of the best......
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

We passed bits of it. Looks a bit like the Egyptian stuff but shabbier.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

lol
              Philastine........or should that be some other nation??
              :shrugs:

ok when i get a digital camera, i'll go visit and gets lots of great pics for the culture starved amongst you
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

There was a hell of a lot more than just Egyptian stuff in the British Museum, Solver. But yeah, you missed out big time...

Ancient civilizations, Egypt especially, have always been a great interest of mine. That I really missed out big time .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, you did. London and Berlin are must-visit cities for history buffs. (Though of course, visiting Egypt, Rome, Greece or whatever itself ranks even higher, but can be difficult/expensive ).

And we missed a hell of a lot more than just the Assyrian section. Zop and I went back the next morning and I saw a LOT of new rooms I hadn't visited the day before. I've been to a lot of big museums but that museum is GIGANTIC!

And yes, Assyria and Philestine are two very different civs. But I already took over 100 pics of the BM, CoT. Looking for anything specific?

Comment

BTW, on September 6th there will be another Apolyton Meeting (where I will be attending as well), in Amsterdam this time. If anyone is interested, please go here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=87631

Comment

I might actually consider the Amsterdam meet, let me think about it. Though it depends if I go on holiday beforehand, if I do I wont be able to afford Amsterdam as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X