No announcement yet.

5th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 20 March - 20 April 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached, hopefully, is my completed game. Just advance the 12 stack of troops into Delhi. I went for the early completion date, and was able to finish by 1000BC. The key to an early completion in Med Mod is to attack as soon as possible, as then the AI's do not expand their empire much at all, which means you only have to take 3 or 4 cities per empire. Also I got lucky and got the elite Zulu guys, which move 2 spaces per turn, which really speeds things up.
    Attached Files

Comment

man... i didnt get any elite guys yet

Comment

Well, I did move the pictures to the other file as mnbryan37 said, but I'm still having crashes. Any more ideas?
        The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Aias,

Sorry about that, I left out a crucial step. When you first find the "pictures" file (should be in the main Call To Power 2 folder), you have to open it, before you move it, as ther are a number of other files in there also. I think when you open it it then shows the "ctp" file. Just keep opening files until you get down to another file titled "pictures" It's this second pictures file that you need to move.

Comment

HuangShang,

You don't always get the "elite" troops, even if you have developed all the necessary science items. If an AI beats you and gets a certain elite item, you will not then get that particular one. Also, even if you are the first to qualify for a certain one, there is a fixed (but unknown to me) probablity of your getting it, rather than a certainty

Comment

i am the first in tech b/c i allied w/ an Ai, but i passed the entire ancient age w/o any getting elite units

Comment

HuangShang,

Not unusual. I've played 4 MedMod games and in one game I didn't get any elite forces in any age. In only one game did I get more than one, even though I was usually ahead in Science

Comment

i didnt think it would happened like that, oh well, thanx

Comment

So is this tourney still on? What's the story?

Comment

Noone knows. Propably it's finished but without any special info because there was only a couple of ppl in.
                      Don't f*** with me 'cause I have a root... LOL

Comment

I guess we'd have to wait for the glorious leader to churn out the results of this tourny before we start a new one. If enough people are interested this time we could use the new Call to Conquer mod for the next one?
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Since Locutus seems to be so busy with many things I'd like to offer to take over the management of these tournaments. I never played in any of them anyway, so I don't have to worry about a conflict of interest .

It seems like a good way to introduce people to or remind them of mods, and I don't like seeing it stagnate like this.

Comment

Sounds good
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sounds good to me too. In the meantime, I think I'll give this one a shot - it sounds like lots of fun!

Comment

Well, I am done already! I have been wondering about these diplomatic victories that I never could get anywhere near. Thanks to folks like Maquiladora and others, my diplomatic skills have improved dramatically! So the results below are from my very first successful diplomatic victory in my CtP2 (or CtP) career.

I had a great time in this game – the Med Mod is an excellent mod indeed! I spent most of my time looking up information in the great library or on one of Wes’s supporting documents. All these new and different units are quite interesting for me. I really like they way he presents the technology tree in his advances chart.

The barbarians seemed to be a little too strong for the AIs in my game. Perhaps it is because I was constantly releasing barbarians from the ruins. The AIs only lost one city to the barbarians, so maybe it was better-balanced than I assumed – but I was expected more growth from the AI than what I saw. Perhaps their settlers were getting killed off. The AI played well in the few wars that I did have. Cities were generally well-defended by the AI and I had to change my battle plans several times during the fighting. I seem to recall being able to walk right into undefended AI cities in the past – it’s nice to have the greater challenge that I encountered in this game. If anyone has been considering the Med Mod, I say go for it because you will not be disappointed!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X