City Status Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Status Icons

Is there any place I can learn what the city status icons mean; the little symbols that appear above the city when there's something special happening? I bought a discounted copy of CTP2 and it didn't come with the manual. I've searched the site and the web but have not been able to find anything. Thanks

Some stuff that I've intuited that might be helpful (I'm essentially in the same boat)

shackled hands = slaves present in the city

dollar sign = corporate branch established

ankh = someone has used a cleric attack on your town (not sure about the implications of that, but I've got them on about half my cities....freaky)

eyeball = someone tried something, you caught them, and your people are more watchful

Or....maybe I'm totally offbase!

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Thanks Vel. I've been able to guess at some too but what does a red fist mean? How about a yellow one?

Comment

rebellion, or at least ticked off citizens. Also, yellow city name = nothing in the build queue.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I think the signs aren't even explained in the manual.
          The ones you mentioned are right Vel. The one still missing is a yellow smilie. Tells you that a soothsay attack has been performed on that city (-5 happiness).
          And for the crosses from converted cities - you're loosing a chunk of that city's gold income depending on the mod. Reform the city - but that'll cause unhappiness too. To have that part made more important in the game try the religion code for SAP by Pedrunn and me...
          As for the eyball - a city stays watchful for 5 turns. This lowers the succes rates and rises the death rates in a special attack.
          I'd assume there are signs for a bio or nano attack too but I never seem to get that far in the game, a real pity (either I win before or I loose my savegame somehow before being able to finish it)

Comment

I happen to have (what I'm fairly sure are) the bio and nano attack signs from CTP1 - I assume they're the same in CTP2 - they look like:
            Attached Files

Comment

nope. The nano attack is two cogwheels.
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Velocyrix
                eyeball = someone tried something, you caught them, and your people are more watchful
                The the eyeball does also appear if the special attack is successfull and the speacial unit was able to escape. Actual the eyeball will always appear if someone do a speacial attack on your city.

Red City Name: Your city is rioting and you sea a fist on yellow ground next to your city. If a city is rioting doesn't produce anything and costs your empire a lot of money when it is rioting.

John the two icons you posted are both used in CTP2, I saw them as I tried my new message icons.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

No, they're not explained in the manual either.

I think these should be all, I got the images from the ZFS files and tested them with the cheat menu (see image below):

1. A foreign Franchise has been established in this city;
                  2. Foreign products have been Advertised or Soothsaying took place in this city;
                  3. An Injuction was Filed in this city;
                  4. This city has been Converted;
                  5. This city has been Bio-Attacked;
                  6. This city has been Nano-Infected;
                  7. This city is very Polluting (IIRC - I couldn't test this);
                  8. This city is Wary as a result of previous (attempted) special attacks;
                  9. This city is Rioting;
                  10. Units are Fortified inside this city (only visible for your own cities);
                  11. This city has Slaves.

Additionally, as pointed out, a yellow city name means that the city is not producing anything and a red one means that it's rioting.
                  Attached Files
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info.

Comment

Hm. Those icons are not always intuitive. It would be interesting if, when we moved the mouse cursor over them, a small tooltip appeared explaining them ("this city is rioting" etc.)
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen #7 in CtP2 though, only CtP1
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          I don't think I've ever seen #7 in CtP2 though, only CtP1
                          I never saw the pollution image in CTP2 and I think that it wasn't used as a city icon in CTP1 either. IIRC it was on the pollution nation screen or something like this.

-Martin

Comment

Is there anyway to make use of the Pollution Icon as a City Icon because it would be very useful
                            Oxygen should be considered a drug
                            Tiberian Sun Retro
                            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                              Is there anyway to make use of the Pollution Icon as a City Icon because it would be very useful
                              I never saw these status icons mentioned in one of the text, they might be mentioned in one of *.ldl files, so they are most probably hard encoded.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X