Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who can play September 14 or 15? (Time: ideally somewhere around 16:00-23:00 GMT again
    I can play any time Sat, 19:00 -> 23:00 Sunday
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I'm in for Sat and Sun, 1900 - 2100GMT.
      Let me know. That'll be virtually any Sat and Sun at those times... I'll cope... [grin]

Sorry I can't do anymore on the weekends...
      3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Ahhh, my first Nuke!
      Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

• I was able to create a few games on the Internet this morning. I tried connecting to the “games.igateway.net” server but I was not successful. The “nl.alink.gamepoint.net” server allowed me into its lobby without any problem. I was able to set up with 4 settlers and 10K gold but I could not adjust the starting public works so it just started at 1K. I was able to exclude all wonders although I had to select each one to exclude it! I set the Difficulty level to Impossible and maxed out the Barbarians (Marauders), Bloodlust Off, Pollution On, the map settings at maximum diversity (the others were in the middle), dynamic join on, and doughnut world. It was all fairly straightforward.

I had to replace my servers.dat file in order to access any servers at all so I think everyone should have a good servers.dat file available. Also, “nl.alink.gamepoint.net” server is the only one that I have been able to access with consistency.

Comment

• Yeah i think the games.igateway.net one only works for CivCtP. I cant connect to it either.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• count me in, But.. the 14th would be bad for me.
            Any thur, fri -any time would be great

GOT NUKES?
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• next weekend is just fine with me I've got loads of time

so i will be there then!!!

(and i think it's a good time to start practising)
              if you haven't tried something you'll never know what you've missed!!!

Comment

• can any one say the rules?
                REPISTES!!!

Comment

• I think I gave you the rules two or three times already, but here they are again:

Originally posted by me, earlier in this thread
                  1) We'll be playing on random maps
                  2) We will be playing with the default, unmodded, patched game. If I can arrange things with Mazaika et al we *will* be using the rush-buy bug fix, even though it's not a 100% fix. More on this later.
                  3) There will be 2 AI player per human player, but the total number of players will never exceed 8 (and the number of humans 4).
                  4) Piracy and Pillaging will be allowed, wonders and nukes will be disabled. (I would prefer to have everything enabled myself but many seem to prefer to have these latter two disabled).
                  5) Difficulty level will impossible, with barbarians in the maximum setting. Pollution will be on, bloodlust off.
                  6) Everyone will start with 4 Settlers and 10,000 Gold and PW.
                  7) The size of the map will be Regular.
                  8) 1 call for restart.
                  9) Map properties: maximum Wet, maximum Warm, 50% Land, 50% Continent, maximum Diverse and 80% Goods.
                  10) Their will be a limit of 5 minutes on the turn, to prevent people from walking away and stuff.
                  11) The structure will largely depend on the precise number of partitipants, but as similar as possible to the system described in earlier posts.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Apart from the PW which cant be set on the MP setup.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• D'oh, you're right of course...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                        6) Everyone will start with 4 Settlers and 10,000 Gold and PW.
                        So that’s actaully 4 settlers, 10,000 gold, and the default starting amount for PW. I think the default is 1,000 PW and I do not know of a way to change it.

Comment

• Actually, the starting amount of PW in MP games is ZERO (0), null, zip, nada.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• In MP games, you can only change the starting number of settlers and amount of gold on hand.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Everyone could use a mod for more starting PW for humans, but its not worth all the effort at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                                Actually, the starting amount of PW in MP games is ZERO (0), null, zip, nada.
                                That's right. Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Working...
                                X