No announcement yet.

Newbie can't install Modswappper 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economist, isnt the problem caused because you installed the game in a different file name. Could you write the path of the files Locutus told you once you find them through the windows find tool?
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

DP
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Pedrunn,

I install the game to the path suggested by the original game. i.e. C:\Program files\Activision\Call to Power 2\

I check the path many times. The files are located correctly. I suspect that the problem is that the setup file somehow detect the wrong path for the files needed for installation. I tried to use my SAS to open the setup.lst file and see what's going on but unfortunately my SAS knowledge is not good enough to detect any problem that appear to occur only for my computer.

I wonder if anyone could easily make the modswapper installation done without using the setup step. Anyway, I hope someone could help because I spend some time and money to get the program but if it's really too troublesome I understand. Afterall it's not official support of the software.

Thanks again.

Comment

I attach a zipped version of the executable... Try unzipping to your CTP2 directory and running - you'll likely be missing dll files but it's worth a try if all else has failed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thx JB, although it didn't work.

Comment

I'll contact Paul (the creator of ModSwapper), see what he has to say.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thank you very much Locutus.

Comment

Did you extract all the files from the zip to your temporary install directory? If you don't have all the setup files there it could cause problems. If that doesn't work, I don't know what the problem could be.

It works fine on my own computer, but I have WinXP. Then again, I never had problems with it when I still had Win98, so that should not be the problem.

Sorry if I can't help more. But there is one thing that could help. The VB5 setup program that I use creates an install log file called ST5UNST.xxx where xxx is usually 000, but it could also be another number. When setup fails and removes the install files it will probably ask you if you want to delete it. Don't delete it. You should be able to find it in your Windows directory. Open it with Notepad and copy and paste the contents of the file here. Maybe it can help solve your problem.

Comment

Paul,

I found the file and I will post it below:

%% PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY OR DELETE THIS FILE! %%
                    %% This file contains information about the installation of an application. %%
                    %% It will be used to automatically remove all application components from your computer if you choose to do so. %%

NOTE: Beginning of the bootstrapper section

CONFIG: Title: "CTP2 Modswapper 1.12"

ACTION: TempFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SETUP1.EXE"
                    (File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)

ACTION: RegKey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion", "SharedDLLs"

ACTION: SharedFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VB5StKit.dll"
                    (File currently on disk was already up to date)

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVBVM50.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\StdOle2.tlb"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OleAut32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OlePro32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AsycFilt.dll"

NOTE: The file 'Ctl3d32.dll' was not copied because it is intended for use under Windows NT 3.51 only. It is not needed under Windows 95 or NT 4.0.

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Ctl3d32.dll"

ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ComCat.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSVBVM50.dll"

ACTION: TLBRegister: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\StdOle2.tlb"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OleAut32.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OlePro32.dll"

ACTION: DllSelfRegister: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ComCat.dll"

NOTE: End of the bootstrapper section

NOTE: Now spawning the main Setup program 'C:\WINDOWS\SETUP1.EXE'....

Hope it helps you find my problem.

Comment

Paul,
                      If there's no way to have the installer install ModSwapper on Economist's system, what's involved to do it manually? What dll's are required and where should they go? What register settings?
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having a problem like this. Modswapper didn't work for me the first time either but I just kept reinstalling it until it worked. I hope things work out; I'm back to the latest version of the Apolyton pack!
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Economist,

I bet you have Windows XP and log on with non-administrator account.

Reinstall CTP2 with an administrator-level user account. Install the patch with admin too. Finally install modswapper, also admin level.

The mod files can be installed without admin security level, though.

I believe CTP2 create some registries that requires admin clearance. The same registries both the patch and modswapper requires.

Comment

Economist,
                            I installed CTP2,1.1patch and modswapper from scratch the other day(and superapolyton pack to take part in the tourney!). It was on a different pc than i usually use and guess what.......I had exactly the same problem installing modswapper - i'd download the zip file, open it, select all the contents and extract to the default CTP2 directory. And then when i clicked the modswopper .exe it would come up with an error about file not found etc.
                            I experimented and got it to work like this:

1. Open the modswapper zip(i had it in the CTP2 directory)
                            2. double click on the 'install/setup or .exe' file for modswapper(i forget which it is, but the one that looks like it will start the modswapper install)
                            3. It will automatically install modswaper, and worked no problem!
                            hope this helps(If you haven't alreadysorted it).
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks child of Thor.

Comment

Working...
                              X