Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colorme
    replied

You know that the real Alexander turned tail and ran, when confronted with the Indian empire, don't you

Be very, very careful.

Leave a comment:

• Rollo Tomasi
    replied
    I've managed to conquer 2/3 of the known world with one stack of knights and catapults (in the Alexander scenario). I made another identical army, and I'm confident those two will make short work of India. Or will they?

Leave a comment:

• The diplomat
    replied
    Maybe you are right: certain civs are programmed to be more pacifist than others and therefore easier to kick around. I have found in my games that the AI is not necessarily bad at war just more defensive in most cases than it should. It seems to me that the AI plays defense. I have only played on medium difficulty. Perhaps on more difficult levels, the AI is more aggressive. Here is an example. In my first game. I was playing the Incans. They are fascist. And it is the year 1800 or so. We are both well in the modern era with bombers and SAM's. I am currently reasearching tanks which I will get in about 6 turns.
    So far, I have had the hardest time in taking even one city on his main continent. The AI has tons of units (and well mixed up to, lots of fascist units combined with artillery, cavalry) in each city. So, as I have said, the AI is really good at defense. But eventually it will fall, especially when I get those tanks rolling. The AI has not tried to attack me. It just lets me throw my troops against its rock solid defensive positions.

Leave a comment:

• TheLimey
    replied
    Or the Italians

Leave a comment:

• Carrion
    replied
    Thats is rather strange because I'm playing a lan game with my buddy on medium difficulty and He is getting pounded by the AI players. They leave me alone because I'm very far from their empires so I'm able to send army's over to his area and harass their re-enforcements. *shrugs* Maybe you are playing an AI player that isn't good at war like ohhhh the French.

Leave a comment:

• Forster
    replied
    They always bombard me, at least if they have units capable of doing that. I've played the next to the most difficult setting, huge, slightly more water than land settings. Kind of disappointed in the level of AI expertise. Had hoped they would have much improved it from CCTP, but it appears it is only a marginal improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Dom Pedro II
    replied
    Yeah, I don't know why. I declared war on one civilization and had a whole army waiting at their front door. They made no attempt to stop me. Maybe it was because I was playing on an easier level. I don't know. But it's not entirely true that they never attacked me. Once they killed a Diplomat on a peace mission.

Leave a comment:

• MarkG
    Guest replied
    quote:

even when I put my troops outside of a city
    strange, it is nearly certain that the ai will bombard me when i leave a unit outside an enemy city

Leave a comment:

• Dom Pedro II
    started a topic Is it just me, or is combat very easy?

Is it just me, or is combat very easy?

It seems to me that with the armies in this game, it is much easier to achieve military victory. All you need for your army is good units that do not have to exceed in number that of the defenders of any given city. It works much better since all of your forces engage the enemy at once. But it seems to me that the AI doesn't put up much of a fight either. In all the time I've been playing, I've never even been attacked even when I put my troops outside of a city.

------------------
    "...The highest realization of warfare is to attack the enemy's plans; next is to attack their alliances; next to attack their army; and the lowest is to attack their fortified cities." - Sun Tzu

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle this job is under-estimating" - George "Dubya" Bush

Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889). :Hannibal3
Working...
X