Is it just me, or is combat very easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm playing at the higher levels and occasionally when I leave a city underdefended, the AI will attack it. There's a whole series of calculations the AI goes thru to determine whether to attack. If it doesnt seem likely that they can win, they wont attack.

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_1868
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II on 11-26-2000 01:15 PM
    Yeah, I don't know why. I declared war on one civilization and had a whole army waiting at their front door. They made no attempt to stop me. Maybe it was because I was playing on an easier level. I don't know. But it's not entirely true that they never attacked me. Once they killed a Diplomat on a peace mission.

I have been playing the game for the last month and the AI has not attacked one of my cities. It takes out allot of the fun when there is not a threat of an invasion.

Leave a comment:

• Carrion
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by MrFun on 12-07-2000 10:55 PM
    Ok guys, stop before you start making deragatory jokes about blacks and Asians.

Why are Asians and Blacks more special than the French and the Canadians?

I've personally got nothing against the Canadians. In general those Frenchies seem to be rude and arrogant. Thats about the only prejudice bone in my body. That and I can't stand white trash.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by avonlea on 12-09-2000 06:44 AM
    Hey, you live in Iowa! I wish I enjoyed your demographics! Lighten up!

Heh Heh Heh

Me..I am Troll.my Demographics are poor lost souls who come under my bridges of life Opportunities and are overcome..so many seeking refuge..so many become afflicted with the will to survive my wrath..my chameleon-esque ability to change to a favorable status only to leach onto the hopes and chances...that are fleeting all whom encounter my path...and you know what chances they are..SLIM & NONE..and Slim was backtracking rather quickly...
    I am

Troll Meister..

Troll Monger

Troll-Gan Horse

I am that whom speaks out to the Masses of Piquing Interest and Invoking a Thought Provoking response..and Have been Challeneged by That foolio in Civ 3 Forum Moderator Status that wont allow picking on Percieved Images..of Australians..
    ~Sigh~

I am Troll-Rage....

Y O Y Cant we be challenged to accept subtle yet distinct difference in Demographics?

Isnt This Really why we play Civ-Genre Games..to rule the world..to Implement our Visions of Lifestyles and Micro-Management...

I am Harmless..and I think we all can "Agree-2-Disagree"

OOOPPSS..Sorry..My Big Buddy Big Dave told me in no uncertain terms..that I shouldnt say that term!!
    Heh Heh Heh

Like Im gonna listen to someone from Texas!!

Troll

The Former DrDanger Patton..Red October Ronin and so many other Nic's

Leave a comment:

• avonlea
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by MrFun on 12-07-2000 10:55 PM

Hey, you live in Iowa! I wish I enjoyed your demographics! Lighten up!

Leave a comment:

• avonlea
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by colorme on 11-27-2000 09:48 PM

You know that the real Alexander turned tail and ran, when confronted with the Indian empire, don't you

Be very, very careful.

I remember from history that India was a construct of the British Empire. Before that there were just small kingdoms across the subcontinent. Alexander was too far from home (his soldiers were afraid they would never make it back), he was sick, his father had died, and Indians had/have really bad body odor; or something like that. :P

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by hHydro on 12-07-2000 05:11 PM
    Whoah. What the hell are you talking about? Since when are Canadians Frenchmen by default? I don't speak a LICK of french, and I 'abitually make fun of de french Canadien guy 'hoo sits beside me. Sucker.

Those of us on the west coast have a bit more panache. =)

Tsk. Hockey players and whores indeed..

... you forgot about the maple syrup.

(..oh.. and Alex Trebek. Don't forget him.)

And Wild Cherry..Anne Murraay..and Bachman Turner Overdrive and The Guess Who.....and Pierre Elliott Trudeau..and one of my Favorite Martial Artists of All time..Jean Yves Therriault(maybe misspelled his name??)..Rush..featuring Getty Lee

But I was looking to stir up some emotion..I did..I will stop...

I grew up in Calais (pronounced Call-US)..not the French pronounciation of (Cal-Lay) Maine..

Have a blessed night...

Long Live Norm Ullman..Dave Keon...Howie Meeker Scotty Bowman...and BOB and Doug MacKenzie!!!!!!!!

~sile~..Ohh Canada....

Long Live Paul Henderson

Troll

Leave a comment:

• MrFun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hHydro
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Troll on 11-28-2000 05:25 PM

Heh Heh Heh Heh..like The man said once.."Only two things come from Canada(Canadians are are considered Frenchmen )...and those are Hockey Players and Whores...

Troll

Whoah. What the hell are you talking about? Since when are Canadians Frenchmen by default? I don't speak a LICK of french, and I 'abitually make fun of de french Canadien guy 'hoo sits beside me. Sucker.

Those of us on the west coast have a bit more panache. =)

Tsk. Hockey players and whores indeed..

... you forgot about the maple syrup.

(..oh.. and Alex Trebek. Don't forget him.)

Leave a comment:

• Grandpa Troll
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Carrion on 11-28-2000 05:48 PM
    Damn and I thought I was prejudice against the French. Guess you are more than me Troll.

Just a wee bit O' Humor my friend..if the 'Ole Frenchies cannot take it..I am sorry..I listen to all sorts of comments when I am online about Americans..and I take it with a grain of salt..just a bit of fun!!

Troll

Leave a comment:

• Carrion
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Troll on 11-28-2000 05:25 PM

Heh Heh Heh Heh..like The man said once.."Only two things come from Canada(Canadians are are considered Frenchmen )...and those are Hockey Players and Whores...thats why when I play MP games and capture a Frenchie-mans City..I rename it.."FREE FRENCH WHORES!!..like I am assuming there are any other kind??

Troll

Damn and I thought I was prejudice against the French. Guess you are more than me Troll.

Leave a comment:

• DaddyCool
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by colorme on 11-27-2000 09:48 PM

You know that the real Alexander turned tail and ran, when confronted with the Indian empire, don't you

His army threatened mutiny if he didn't turn back...he wanted to keep going.

[This message has been edited by DaddyCool (edited November 28, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• swat-spas
    replied
    I agree completely that the computer plays defense. I was playing on hard difficulty with the Japanese as Fascist Imperialist AI opponents being my major warring faction. For the longest time I was trashing my own military with machine gunners and artillery, bashing it like crazy up against huge stacks of units (mainly fascists and artillery) in its cities, sometimes it would take up to 24 units just to capture a city. Even with bombardment prior to. As expected though, tanks got me rolling right along, although as I've said in another thread, the computer doesn't do much to attack or even to counter-attack when you first take over a city. The computer likes to pick off stray units outside of your cities, like units that were marching up to the front and didn't quite make it. It also likes the empty troop ship/empty aircraft carrier/empty helicopter unit. Kinna defeats the purpose of those units don't you think?

Leave a comment:

• colorme
    replied

again, as mentioned by others too - AI defense is good. its the offense that sucks.

problem is that if you're playing Bloodlust, essentially you can take your time picking out the AI cities slowly (even if this is expensive), and you'll still win because it won't be able to get them back.

you'll soon see that it'll be fairly easy to conquer one civ completely in a short time (in fact while you're out there capturing its cities, it'll still keep fighting silly border skirmishes with other civs).

Leave a comment:

• Dom Pedro II
    replied
    Ok. I'm starting to take back what I said... The AI WAS very easy to defeat. Then I reached occupied Bremen... My war with the Scots was going well. I had taken a Scottish port city. Then I took Dusseldorf. I brought my brand new Battleship down to occupied Leipzig and began bombarding the city. I moved my 1st Artillery unit toward the city, but by the time they arrived, the enemy had been defeated and I walked right in.

Having done that, I sent my army down to the quiet little town of Bremen. Little did I realize that the entire Scottish army was waiting for me there. About ten catapults and cannons and an army of cavalry and defensive units. You don't realize how ineffective bombarding units are until they get to fire second! Those artillery units in the city pounded me every turn. Luckily, I had some defense units, but even they didn't help much. Needless to say, I did numerous reloading.

FINALLY, I was able to use a small squadron of four fighters to take out the remaining catapult, cannon, and two defensive units. So maybe it's tougher than I originally thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X