No announcement yet.

Activision response on UK CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably has something to do with all the EU red tape they have to fill out. What with certifying that no sheeps' brains were used, and no US Stealth technology will be shared with members on the Continent, etc...

------------------
    Character is what you do in the dark.

Dr. Emilio Lizardo
    Character is what you do in the dark.

Dr. Emilio Lizardo

Comment

You think you're bad i live in the very west of ireland with 1 computer shop 15 miles away in galway.we wont be getting it for atleast another month! i'll have to order it online.
      me verey angry.

------------------
      " mind over body "
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

that was meant to be a

------------------
        " mind over body "
        Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

I just went into ebworld to see how much it would be to order it and it came up with 85$! but only a 3 day wait I think i'll wait...

------------------
          " mind over body "

Comment

Open letter to Activision

Congratulations on the release of CTP 2. All throughout America crowds of fans are rejoicing at the thought of even more nights spent playing king when they really should be doing something else. Never mind the naysayers, here in the UK we fully support your decision not to release until the 8th of december - after all, it is only economic common sense not to sell the game to the world that exists outside US borders (we only make up a tiny 40% of your sales). As to the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese....well, never mind them - everyone knows that the Japanese never play computer games anyway. It is of course common knowledge that no other parts of the world exist, and mistaken references suggesting that there might be potential customers in mythical islands such as 'Australia' and 'New Zealand' are, of course, rumours, and so no attempt need be made to sell them anything, no matter how hard they insist that they exist.

Yours aye

Henry Root
            To meet friends who have come from far away, is that not a pleasure?

Comment

so when the uk version dose come out (if it ever dose) will i be able to use patchs, mods etc that the usa version can use! ps i see activision can't be arse to give us an answer! year thanx guys guess us lot in the uk arn't very important then.

Comment

MarkG - Do you know anything? Or are you out of the loop on this one as well?

I guess you're not that bothered as you have your copy anway
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with myself today.... now that I don't exist.

------------------
                  - MKL Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
                  "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
                  - mkl

Comment

On the 17th ogre stated that there was only one small change to make for all english versions what thje F**ks
                    taking all the time

Mr Ogre
                    Activision
                    Venice, CA, USA
                    b.02-15-99

posted November 17, 2000 19:32

There aren't any "code" changes for any of the international versions. The installer is slightly different (no online
                    registration) and one tiny bug in the tutorial script got fixed for everything but the US (It was only causing a minor
                    display problem in the German version, I don't think it made a difference otherwise.) For the English language
                    versions, those are the only differences. Other language versions obviously have a lot more data changed, but it's
                    still just data, not code.

I guess to a PR/CS person, anything on the CD counts as "code" though So in some sense I guess that's a fair
                    statement. Just sounds wrong to my programmer ears.

Comment

I wish they'd just get on with releasing it.

People who have the game are now starting to make their own, improved maps.

This is where it starts to get interesting.

Mind you, it's only a week off in the U.K. now.
                      MSB

Comment

I'm going to Belgium tommorow, so when I get back (late on the 7th) I'll buy CTP2.

I really hate the fact that I'm giving Activision my money though

------------------
                        I got bored with my Churchill quote (and was tired of people telling me I misquoted him).

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

Personally, I am delighted that the shipping delays that sometimes affect multinational software releases have caused CTP2 to be delayed in the UK.

Why? Because it has enabled me to have a good long read of the bug list compiled by our US cousins, sleep on it to make sure I was not overreacting, then decide that I wasn't. This POS is definitely not getting my £35 until there is a solid patch available that fixes many of these points. Automoving units starting wars!?! Allies getting hostile if you move units to protect their country? The AI unable to react to city loss?!? Gimme a break. If these remain broken then CTP2 will be mine for under £10 within 6 months as it sinks rapidly into the bargain bin.

It looks like once again the Activision beancounters have pushed for a bugridden early release to meet some artificial deadline. When are they going to realise that it just loses them respect, customers and cash in the long term? Harlan's post on his Alexander scenario sums up the problem with having this dollar centric mindset. Ah well, I guess I'll have to wait until some hard working and public spirited players release their own mod packs to correct all these idiocies.
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                          X