Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: Day 2

currently being written

8 new screenshots are up though!! http://apolyton.net/ctp2/screenshots/ http://apolyton.net/ctp2/screenshots/screens2.shtml

I can't wait any longer.... must have CTP2....

Well, I guess I can wait a couple of days...

*brushes dust off CTP CD and boots it up for one last time*
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

posted!
      http://apolyton.net/ctp2/preview/day2.shtml
      Explanations, Replies, No Crash, No Crash, No Crash, Manual in electronic format, Army Managment, Units stats, Music, Radar Map buttons, Append to Multiple Build Queues, Retreat Button, Comparing Goverments, Not yet 32 civs.

Comment

That trade route thing is dandy. I especially like all the information that is available to you about your empire. The game looks good. A question to Mark: How's the AI on the harder levels? Has it returned to its old cheating ways or is it now more brains than brawn? Can't wait to see the modern stages of the game.

Comment

Comparing Goverments
          One really helpfull addition is that you can finally see the numbers of units your goverment can have. It would be nice if the same screen also list the number of cities you now have

um

the line says
          "Maximun Cities Alowable (20 for Monarchy and republic)"

Comment

Looking better, but I'm still skeptical

Comment

Dear Santa(vision)
              I have been a good boy..
              Can I PULLL-ease have my CTP:2 soon?
              I love the review
              Lets rock at The Mill producing The GOLD Version!
              Troll
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 11-08-2000 07:33 PM
                I can't wait any longer.... must have CTP2....

Well, I guess I can wait a couple of days...

*brushes dust off CTP CD and boots it up for one last time*

Heh heh heh..Hey Shadowstrike..I'm with you here Bro...I am playing maybe my last game of CTP:1.(although Im not sure when the CTP:2 release will be??)

Troll

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Markos, I know you are trying to get the previews up ASAP but at least put them through a spell checker before you post them up. I know it's a minor thing but the amount of spelling mistakes tarnishes the professionalism of this site.

Anyway, on to the important questions.

On your preview one of the pictures was supposed to show the retreat. It looks very similar to a normal battle screen. What do the unit do when they retreat? Do they turn around and walk away with a sad musical tone in the background?

Speaking of music... do events trigger the mood in the music like in civ2? eg like when you get a WLTKD in civ2. Music and sound play an important part of the game so I still don't know why some companies choose to neglect it.

Monkey I am proud to be!
                  Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                  Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                  ...Stefu

Comment

I was just playing CTP and laughing my head off...

Oh well, I think I'll lurk on Apolyton for a while...

------------------
                    Webmaster of Shadowstrike's Civilization II Site
                    Emperor of The Gamer's Abode Forums
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

MarkG, I really appreciate what you're doing for all those of us out here waiting for Ctp2 to come.

I like the way you're doing this preview. Very detailed, and lots of good screenshots.

Comment

Great Preview!!!!

Markos, is there a way to append the Mill not to all cities but only to some (let say to those with size greater 6)?

As of spelling mistakes: I didnt notice one

Besides, have you tested one of the scenarios?
                        I hope the diplomacy option you wrote about, is in!!!! I really hope so!

Ata

Comment

Can we please have a look at the city improvement and macro management features

Comment

So far sounds very good.

Great new features. I like especially the enhanced diplomacy options (declare war!!, trade treaties, ...) and units management (armies, new unit attributes, retreat button).

I have the feeling that the interface (not only buttons, but also useful infos) was greatly improved: right-click actions, comparing goverments, city screen. Did you see the "build manager" screen? It's simple yet complete. And the "army management" screen, too. Looks good. Very good.

Keep up the good work, Markos. Btw, how is the trade system (I saw the trade manager, but what is your opinion and feeling? Is trade important?) ?
                            [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited November 09, 2000).]
                            [This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited November 09, 2000).]
                            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

Mark, if you have a moment.... I notice the choice of government effects citizens loyalty. I presume this covers things like probability of cities being incited to join other civs. Does it affect anything else, such as how difficult or costly it is for a foreign nation to steal your technology?

After all if you have sympathisers in your ranks they'll give away technology more readily.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X