civ CtP2 OR Civ3..or should I get Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centrifuge
    Hex, you just love these civ3 vs ctp2 threads don't you...
    Especially if the civ3 player has never given CTP a chance because of a built-in bias...(though I cannot say if that is the case for larsenex)
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge

What's that supposed to mean?
      Its gonna be a long game, unless youre planning to live forever? Or it could be just last man standing...... literally
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Sorry I did not mean to start a thread like this. I am loving CtP2 and the Mod Apolyton pack. Thanks for all the info all of you have given so far. I think Ill stick with CtP2 for a while till Civ4 comes out, and than not till all of you have mastered it and given YOUR oppinion on that as well...LOL

Thanks again

Lars..

Comment

I play Civ3 and CTP2 (as modded). They are definitely different and definitely have their own strengths and weaknesses, but in no way is Civ3 a “better” game.
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000

It's true, I don't own ctp or ctp2. So, direct me as to the steps I should take to get the ultimate ctp experience and then I shall try it.
            You really should try it, but not the game out of the box.

The modding community has worked wonders for CTP2, and it is mainly for this reason that the CTP2 forums seem to be getting a new lease of life.

As Hex said they are two separate games, but I am sure that given the chance of playing both you will find CTP2 has much more depth to it. The AI is a problem but even so I have never won a game of CTP2 cradle mod on the impossible level, and I think it might really be impossible.

Future prospects are mouthwatering.

Comment

Working...
            X