No announcement yet.

civ CtP2 OR Civ3..or should I get Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ CtP2 OR Civ3..or should I get Civ3?

Hey there. I was wondering if Civ3 is a big improvement and if it is a "better" game than Ctp2. Can anyone give me thier oppinion? Would you buy Civ3? I had heard it is slow paced and not as fun as Ctp2 but that was the only oppinion I had heard about it. If this is not in correct forum please point me to right one...

Thanks

Lars

Hehe youre sticking your head in a wasps nest there, and besides what answer do you expect in the CtP2 section?

Its a preference and that is all, if we know what you dislike about CtP2 then we can fix it, whatever it is, the same cant be said for civ3.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

heheh..thanks Maq...

Doh.. sorry.. I dont know anything about it and thought maybe someone here might. I would RATHER drop this thread and keep the flames off..Thanks again Maq..

Lars

Comment

Civ3 isn't a bad game... It has many ideas that I know many people would like to see in CTP2, such as strategic resources, and an all encumbering trade system.

That said, CTP2 is better imho, The scope is greater and is less "dumbed-down" for the mass audience then Civ3. As well, CTP2 is the most easilly modded game of the genre, so many of the ideas from Civ3 could be modded into CTP2.

One downside of CTP2, is that unless you're playing multiplayer, it will often seem too easy... but again that is where the mods com into play,

Comment

Hitler often had many ideas that some people liked to see
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

OMG It's all so clear now!!!

Comment

Civ3

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                Civ3
                who are you kidding

Have you ever played modded ctp2? I think not

call to conquest is excellent, you should try it before commenting. Civ3 is so dumbed down that my 10 year old son loves it, even civ2 is better.

After playing all the games in the Civ genre, I really think that modded ctp2 is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Boney
                  After playing all the games in the Civ genre, I really think that modded ctp2 is the best.
                  Espeacilly if you consider that in comparison to Civ3 the source code of CTP2 is available and can be altered by everyone who has the skills to do so.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Youre wasting your breath Boney, i do agree with you of course, although i wish the AI in CtC would stack bigger more often, apart from that i have seen the AI do things in CtC and act like a player in a MP on many occaisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Boney

who are you kidding

Have you ever played modded ctp2? I think not

call to conquest is excellent, you should try it before commenting. Civ3 is so dumbed down that my 10 year old son loves it, even civ2 is better.

It's true, I don't own ctp or ctp2. So, direct me as to the steps I should take to get the ultimate ctp experience and then I shall try it.

Comment

civ3 pluses...
                        Better-executed diplomacy options...more focused military AI, especially in AI/AI and human/AI alliances...strategic goods...better victory options...

civ3 minuses...
                        Tedious worker system for tile improvements...lack of choices in governments and tile improvement types...severe lack of military tactics once rails come into play...combat is tedious due to one-to-one combat execution...counter-intuitive tech research setup makes tech purchase much better than tech research...Most of the time it's better to raze enemy cities due to the combination of culture flips/corruption...Higher system requirements makes civ3 run slowly on my PII 350...

CTP2 pluses...
                        PW and unit stacking streamlines gameplay...stacked armies make for more believable combat setup and execution...unconventional units...deeper tech tree...scripting language allows for more flexability in Modding...more governments and tile improvements allows for more choices as the game progresses...

Bottom line for me...It ultimately boils down to preferences. Both games are a challenge, though you need to use a Mod in CTP2.
                        - civ3 has the better AI and a better diplomodel gives it more atmosphere, but it is bogged down by tedious micromanagement as the game goes on. The game loses all luster once it hits the Industrial Age because the combo of micromanagement and elimination of any tactical consideration due to infinite rails kills it for me.
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hex, you just love these civ3 vs ctp2 threads don't you...

Comment

What about when all the bugs have been found fixed and tested everyone makes a mod together. 3000 turns, 300 advances, 500 units, 200 buildings, religeon, culture, political influence, gold, commerce, all with minimap overview buttons, new diplomacy, 32 civs, realistic science advancement to timeline, perfect unit movement to ONE map size only, then get 32 people for a PBEM game, of course youd have to find a sub for yourself before you die.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              of course youd have to find a sub for yourself before you die.
                              What's that supposed to mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X