"Behind The Code": W. Lee (Part 2/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Behind The Code": W. Lee (Part 2/2)

The second and final of the first "Behind The Code" interview set, where ex-<B>Activision</B>ers talk with <B>Apolyton CS</B>` (ACS) <A HREF="mailto:locutus@apolyton.net">Locutus</A> about the <I>Call To Power</I> series and in particular the second title in light of its pending source code release, <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/misc/interviews/btc_lee-2.shtml" TARGET="_new">is now online</A>.

Winnie "St. Swithin" Lee was on the <I>Civilization: Call To Power</I> design team along with James Farley, Jason Feffer and Brad Santos. On <I>Call To Power II</I>, she worked alongside Dan Hagerty and Tony Evans. In looking back, she discusses the highlights and low points of her gaming career in relation to her work on <I>CTP</I>. Blacklisted by the industry for two-and-a-half years running, Lee discusses the good and bad of people and events around her, her positive outlook on the pending release of the <I>Call To Power II</I> source code and why she cannot play the games she worked so hard to contribute on.

Comments on the second instalment are welcomed in this thread.

----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Cool interview.

Comment

Clearly my experiences and Winnie's experiences were vastly different.

Pyaray

Comment

I liked the way Locutus was trying to see if she would be taking part in the fan development of CTP..........and wasnt getting a commited answer! like two prize fighters probeing for an opening
        Cool work guys - these are excellent features to run
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Designer is the low guy on the totem pole, pyaray. That's just the way it is.

But it was a lot of fun, huh?
          -30-

Comment

Working...
          X