Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilgamensch
    You only expect that Our empire will last a thousand years?
    For the uneducated, that which obviously does not include our noble leader, it was a dubious reference to a famous empire that was supposed to last a thousand years but fortunately only survived a decade or so.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Hey guys, long time no see, is mapfi ever around? I miss talking to him and all the banter we had while shaping the constitution

Comment

• Hi, H Tower...

I think I haven't read a post from mapfi for a while but I am not here as often as before myself since a few weeks. I am trying to come back more regularly but I have some trouble to keep up with the rythm.

The release of the Source Code has inflicted a critical blow to the DG so you should have more chances to have some news about mapfi in the "Source Code Café" thread.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• The entire population went on vacation whilst the universe is being recreated

/me winks

Comment

• Tomorrow I'll update the status of the nation and

be warned:

Maybe this weekend or next week we'll have another session

Comment

• I see mapfi on ICQ occaisonally, we even spoke once recently, he said he was playing RoN.

As for the DG, in the words of Steven Patrick Morrissey "I know its over, still I cling, i dont know where else I can go, oh.........."
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                As for the DG, in the words of Steven Patrick Morrissey "I know its over, still I cling, i dont know where else I can go, oh.........."
                Not really the case (don't know) and I still hope some people will show up again.

Comment

• Last time I spoke to mapfi (also on ICQ) he was too busy with RL to really actively stay involved with Poly.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Edit: wrong forum.
                    Last edited by Locutus; March 25, 2004, 20:19.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• If this game ever starts up again I want to join in
                      "

Comment

• WARNING:

The DG might continue soon............ I found some spare time again and I decided to devote some to the DG (especially as people are showing rey: some interrest again

Let me know your most convient time, starting from Friday onwards. (I still have to post screenies and info.......)

Comment

• Gilgamensch, you know that I am interested but you also know that I have busy nights and week ends. Chose a day and if I am available I will gladly join... I can make it this friday provided it does not start too early (around 21:00 French Time).

Comment

• just saw this interesting article BBC link , and it made me think of our democracy game

I dont find it surprising that we discover earlier time scales for many civilisations, + maybe we should give more credit to the earlier civilisations than we currently do.
                            Ok they weren't building space craft(not that we've found yet ), but i find the technical ability of the south american civilisations amazing, especially their ability to carve stone to such perfection.
                            In the same way i hate how generaly speaking, Britian's(and north western europes) history, pre-roman times is looked down upon by many as being backward and unimportant.

Ok the classical world gave us many of the trappings of civilisation, ones that we can easily trace back from the way we live today, BUT that doesnt mean nothing sophisticated was going on.

I'm reading a book called 'Lost civilisations of the Stone Age' by Richard Rudgley(arrow books).

Its maybe not the best book in the world - but it does come up with some fascinating evidence for complicated surgical procedures and advanced pre-historic settlements(Catal Huyuk in turkey), and also advanced social conditions(much more so than after the collapse of the roman empire in britian for example).

I just think people shouldn't condem pre-history as being a time populated by knuckle draggers - they were amazingly resourcefull and clever people too, just like us
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Just as a warning, as there might be some interrest again (at least from others) the DG shall start again. More info will be posted. I hope we'll be all back with some new blood as well.

Comment

• i might be back

Comment

Working...
                                X