No announcement yet.

Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CtP2 DG is getting bogged down, has someone any idea when the Chat Room will be repaired?
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• With this rythm the next election will be held before we had the opportunity to play a Turn Chat...
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• we should just use another chat, or icq or msn or whatever instead (all fine to me, though that doesn't matter, as i won't be able to attend any turnchat the next week perhaps except on wednesday)

Comment

• I was considering using the temp chat offered by Mark in the Community forum, since it seems, usually, to be deserted. If we used MSM, who would be able to attend?

Comment

• I could, but can't you only have 5 people in an MSN conversation?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
              I was considering using the temp chat offered by Mark in the Community forum, since it seems, usually, to be deserted. If we used MSM, who would be able to attend?
              As I don't know for sure what is MSM (or is it MSN?), I can't answer your question J.

Comment

• msn is microsoftnetwork or somethink like that, similiar service than icq by that tiny friendly company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
                  msn is microsoftnetwork or somethink like that, similiar service than icq by that tiny friendly company.
                  Thanks for your answer Zaphod, I suspected MSN to be what you wrote but I was not sure. I will have a look at it tonight and will tell you if I can use it for a future DG...

Comment

• if we are just about, i still advice trillian, which is one interface for icq, aim, msn, yahoo and irc.

drawbacks known by me so far:
                    no multiuser chat in icq supported,
                    via icq you can only send single files, no entire directory structures

Comment

• Zaphod,
                      ICQ does have multi-user support, but it's not very good.

And MSN doesn't work too brilliantly for a real chat with more than a handful of particiapants either. Plus, both require people to download and install more software, which is why we (apparently) don't want to use IRC in the first place.

So I installed a chat server on my own pc. I just got it working a few minutes ago, so it may require some tweaking in the future, but it works. At least, as long as my PC is on. So if and when we want to use this chatroom for the DG, times and dates of chats will have to be coordinated with me, so I can make sure my PC is on (even if I can't attend myself, I may in some cases be able to just leave my PC running while I'm gone).

It's a regular Java chat, so no extra software or anything is required (assuming you already have a Java plugin installed, which most people do and which is also required for the Apolyton Java Chat). You can find it here (but (this week) I won't be online on Friday evening, and Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon).
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• So John when do we play a Turn Chat thanks to Locutus' Chat Server?

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                          Zaphod,
                          ICQ does have multi-user support, but it's not very good.
                          i kown, i meant you arent able to use this feature if you log on to the icqnet via trillian

Comment

• OK, its short notice, but I think I'll try for this Sunday evening (from 1830 GMT as before). Would that be OK with you, Locutus? The start can be later if necessary.

Comment

• I will perhaps be a bit late but I will be there Sunday... for the 21st Turn Chat.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway
                                OK, its short notice, but I think I'll try for this Sunday evening (from 1830 GMT as before). Would that be OK with you, Locutus? The start can be later if necessary.
                                My working hours for tomorrow as the same as today, and as you can see by the time of my post, I didn't make it home before 18:30 GMT (I assume by GMT you actually mean BST). I should be home somewhere between 18:30 and 19:00 BST, so if you plan a chat for 19:00 BST it should work out fine.

(Can't guarantee I'll be there myself, as I still have some uni work to finish that should have been done Friday but which I didn't get around to (mainly because I installed that chat ))
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X