Apolemurian People's Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what can be our future politics?
    following mapfis argumentation, we would need another good city spot as soon as we reach the coalsite, so we can point out the benefits of settling there instead of building up an army. and to be honest, thats a wise decision even if it wouldn't seem to be the only way to stop the warmongers.

conclusion: we have to explore the south!

Comment

next question:
      what to research. myself i'm for slavery it has two good points: we can reach additional workpower by showing those poor barbaric barbarians how to live in a civilization, theay can help us working, we will teach them. and of course it enables us to build mines, what will become crucial, as soon as we want to start a race for wonders.
      the backdraw of course is, that those warmongers might even more push to war, as soon as we get benefits from otherwise useless battles in the fields.
      your thoughts comrades?

Comment

Hi camarades,

I fear a war with the Austrians is unfortunately impossible to avoid in the short term though I firmly believe we need peace for the moment as we need to grow more before we have the means to wage a full war.

The coal site seems to be the most interesting in the future turns (we need a unit and wonder factory) as long as we plan to produce a settler as fast as possible with this new city in order to create another one near the Potatoe tile discovered by Dave yesterday.

The south should also be explored as it could allow us to expand our empire in a peaceful way and that is what we need now.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I make this appeal to you good folks here in the hope that you will reconsider your peaceful ways.
          We the people of Lemuria are stuck between a rock(the germans)and a hardplace(the austrians). This situation will not last long as either we or they will do something either by accident or design to wreck the current state of 'peace'. We have also met a third party(thailand) and we have yet to see how they deal with us(hopefuly nicely).

Really i'm just here to try to make you consider at least the possibilty of wageing war on one of our close neighbours - they will always have something against us because of our proximity to them.

Even if we are currently weak compared to either of them we could, if it was decided to do it, improve our situation by the quick conquest of specifically targeted soft targets(like the new german cities that are springing up all over the place for example).

The aim of any such action would be to deal the chosen target a blow they would have difficulty in recovering from. It wouldn't be just a rush for one or two cities, it would be to take them effectivly out of the game.

To that end we would need to keep good relations with the other nation(s) around us.

If we do nothing pro-active then it will just work in our neighbours favour. They have a big lead on us and by the time we might catch up(which always happens eventually) to be of equal standing it will most likely be too late. One of them or both will have decided that the weak little nation to the south is ripe for taking.

We should do something so our children and our childrens children will know the name of Lemuria and think of it with pride and fondness, not with pain and loss under the foot of our future enemies.

War isn't good nor is it without risk. Still if we are resolute and firm in our convictions then our people will win our chosen encounter and it will lead us to a better, safer and more prosperous future.

Our potential enemies are just too close for comfort - if we don't strike they will. By taking the inititive we will command the coming war on our terms. By ignoring it it will be the sleeping serpant that will bite when it decides it is ready. In our weaker state we can only win a war on our terms.
          Peace is great, we all want peace. My children want peace, I want peace. Our situation does not promote peace, it will only lead to one thing - war. Lets be ready for it, lets use it to ensure the peace of the future.

I hope you understand that i'm actually one of you, it's just that i really can't see any length of peace time that would be of benefit to us right now. Peace just isn't tenable right now, we need to gear our empire up now or it will be too late.

Hush! - what's that sound........could it be the sound of german jack boots controlled by that evil genius just beyond our border?

Lets really give peace a chance please
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
            next question:
            what to research. myself i'm for slavery
            slavery creates its own problems later on, and it seems to be inverse, idealogicaly to "hemp and donkies"

i voted for Immortal Wombat.
            We should field more candidates, consolidate power.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
              Lets really give peace a chance please
              This is what we want to achieve Child of Thor though we don't agree on the way to reach this goal.

I can't speak on behalf of my brothers and sisters of the APP but unfortunately I know we will have to wage a costly war sooner or later and I firmly believe we should first settle the lands around us before engaging in a battle. I understand your point, engaging in a war to secure the peace that would allow our nation to grow and survive in this hostile world, but we think we should not start a war before we have the power to wage it and lead our glorious troops to victory. War should be the last resort and we still have the possibility to settle some lands around us. I know my camarade Immortal Wombat shares the same opinion as me as he has expressed it at the Forum in front of all the citizens.

Be assure I will inform our camarade Zaphod Beeblebrox of your plea as any voice is worth to be listened when it comes from the heart.
              Last edited by Tamerlin; February 4, 2003, 10:32.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by medio
                slavery creates its own problems later on, and it seems to be inverse, idealogicaly to "hemp and donkies"
                Unfortunately researching slavery is the only way to learn how to build the mines we need to level up our production ratio.

I voted for Immortal Wombat.
                We should field more candidates, consolidate power.
                Patience Medio, patience...

Comment

By the way camarades we need to define the APP's position on the "Best place for our third city" issue currently debated in the thread open by Martin.

As far as I am concerned I agree with Martin and this curious little Mr Baggins:

- The tile north to the coal resource.

Comment

Thanx for the consideration Tamerlin, you hit it right on the head - it was from the heart
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

of course the coal site, i just would like to see the stats for settling directly on the coal as well, and i would like to see a bit more of the lands south, so we won't make city # 4 much worse for a small benefit to city #3. so i think the most important issue will be to get at least one warrior explore the south!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Zaphod Beeblebrox, I will vote for the tile north of the coal tile.

Comment

Congratulations for your campaign Immortal Wombat, you have almost won the Minister of Defence position when the warmongers were far ahead from us.

Next election, if it is not too late, will be yours.

What should be the official policy of the APP towards the next advance to research?

Though I think Slavery is an abomination it would allow us to build mines and thus improve our production rate which would in turn allow our nation to produce more settlers and units to defend our cities.

On the other hand Writing is the shortest way to Monarchy which is the government our people need.

What do you think about it?

Comment

well, is still believe we can and should even use slaves. erm, of course i wanted to say give those poor barbarians a place in our society where they can enjoy participating in the benefits of a civilized society
                            monarchy should be a midtimegoal, we need that, but not necessarily afap.

Comment

Yep!

BTW Zaphod, are we the only ones interested in the election of a Prime Secretary?

Comment

so it seems, good i abstained, else we would have a tie

Comment

Working...
                                X