• Time
  • Show
Clear All

* walking out and 'borrowing' feathers from some innocent chickens *

Comment

* comes back with a load of feathers and stores them in a corner *

Ladies and Gentlemen:

please don't forget to vote in here

Barkeeper, where is your service???????????????????

Comment

Gilg, for some reason, clicking on that link logs me out

Comment

Strange, it works fine for me.

Comment

/me makes a funny face and a rude gesture to J BtW

lets not worry about it and drown our boredom in a glass of beer

Comment

Daftpanzer,
              You may have missed this but you're no longer a Citizen. It's no longer sufficient to post in the Citizen Registry thread, as you did. You must now sign up to the official CivGroup instead. This is a new feature on Apolyton: in the near future you won't even be able to vote in polls if you're not part of the right CivGroup. So for your own sake, sign up here ASAP.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

*walks in and decides to order, just for the sake of spamming*

Any chance of getting a Tasmanian beer? Cascade would be my choice.

Comment

Locutus you killjoy sit down and have a drink!

*signals mapfi from the crowded table*

Welcome to the Apolymuria Pub Crawl Marathon 2002
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Oh, BTW, I aproved this thread when redbull asked me about it thinking that it would be like the CtP1-MP Multiplayer Cafe, where's there's a lot of (off-topic and on-topic) discussion and only some spam. It turns out that this is much more like the OTF Coffee Shop, where there's a lot of spam and only very little discussion. In some cases it's a fine line, but if you compare the 2 threads, you can clearly see the difference.

Basically, I'll tolerate this thread as long as the spam doesn't get too much out of hand and you restrict it to this thread. If things get out of hand, I'll be forced to close this thread and not allow future ones. If Markos or Ming see this, they may decide to close it right away, which doesn't exactly look good on my track record. So for everyone's sake (but above all my own ), please try to play nice...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

freedom of beer, drink whatever you want

H Tower, you are bored in a place like this???????

Comment

maybe we'll start some on-topic discussions when the game starts - but I'd rather doubt it, so we just hope that Markos and Ming never look into this forum...

*tries to get over to Maq through the crowd, gets pushed, looses his drink and goes back to the bar to order another one*

(side-note: this actually happenend to a friend of mine three times in a row at Zurich's most famous high-society/snob club...)

Comment

Lets dicuss something meanful as Locutus requested...

*I better give up *

So Redbull give me a beer, please!
                          Last edited by Pedrunn; November 21, 2002, 14:07.
                          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                          Kill all and you are a God!"
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Locutus,

How do you plan to combat spams in a democracy game!?!

Thats just crazy!!!
                            So before joining this endless crusade, sit with me and have a beer too
                            Last edited by Pedrunn; November 21, 2002, 16:28.
                            "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                            Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                            Kill all and you are a God!"
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Spam? This is socializing! And all we can talk about right now is where we will hunt tomorrow and the positive and negative sides of the new line of bones we use to kill beasts. Talking about those bones, I think modern types are too lightweight; they don't pack enough punch. The young hunter-gatherers are just plain wussies, they are even talking about "farming." Hah! As if that will help us. Wussies I say you, wussies!

Now, give me the strongest you got, redbull.
                              Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
                              Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
                                freedom of beer, drink whatever you want

H Tower, you are bored in a place like this???????
                                more bored with real life than being bored with the cafe.

/me stands up to do some poetry reading.

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
                                The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
                                The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
                                I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
                                O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
                                But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
                                The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
                                O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
                                They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
                                They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
                                But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
                                For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
                                But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
                                The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
                                O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
                                Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
                                An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
                                Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
                                Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
                                But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
                                The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
                                O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
                                But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
                                An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
                                Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
                                While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
                                But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
                                There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
                                O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
                                We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
                                Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
                                The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
                                For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
                                But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
                                An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
                                An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!
                                -Gunga Din
                                by: Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X