No announcement yet.

Map Settings: 'Continentality'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, when neighours are counted, 8 and 9 have an equal number of votes, but 8 has more votes than 9 - that does count for something. I know it's rather arbitrary, but that why I think more people should vote in this poll (Only half of all citizens have voted so far)

Maybe it should be looked at more on a poll-by-poll basis. Since the vote in this particular poll for some people also depends on the outcome of the Landmass poll, maybe a second round with even more options would be needed (4-10?) once we know the outcome of that poll (which would seem to almost certainly be 7)...

Median might work out in this case, but generally speaking it has the problem that if half the people vote for a high value and the other half for low a value, the end-result of the poll is rather random: 1 vote can make the difference between a high value, a low value or a medium value (in which case noone will be happy with the outcome).

Should we vote???
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I would have loved to play on 4, but, as people have said earlier, the AI can't really handle islands, so I voted 8.
      Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
      Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

7 (+/- 1)

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
          This poll has a curious dichotomy. How will the choice be made? as the mean, median or mode of the votes (orsome other method)?..
          This is easy. Just get folks in Florida to start counting.
          If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

8 or 9, emphasis on land and large continents...
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
            X