mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mines

Right lets play a game I will show you this picture and I want you to tell me what happens next.

"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

The enemy subs blow up on the mines, possibly damaging all the stack, or killing one unit in the stack. Maybe distributing a certain amount of damage randomly amongst the 12 units.

And if you've done it well, the mine is also destroyed, costs a phenomonal amount of PW to replace, and allows the other enemy subs to come swarming through to attack you.

And if you've done it *really* well, the AI will not only know that they should avoid the mines, and how to avoid the mines, but will also know how to *use* the mines to their own advantage.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well at the moment the ship sub is randomly destroyed with 6 of the unit on the screen getting throw.

However you random damage is just as easy to do.

Also the mine is destroyed after all the mine represents a mine filed and not a mine on it own (and if any ship hits that one mine they wanted shooting anyway) there is a random chance that a path is found in the mines allowing safe transport removing the mine (alternatively just make a mine sweeper and send that in).

Also I am working on a way for the ai to work around the mine.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

So Big Mc when we see the first beta?

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Are the mines invisible to the other players?
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

it'll be good to see mines

BTW, is that a mod that makes the screen a different color?

Comment

end of next week with any hope

unfortunately there is a bug which means air units also blow up. so without a isairunit function in slic I will have to do the if statement from hell

plush after this I will start work on pillar boxes and then with any look Sam sites

Oh and HuangShang it is a mod and it is located to words the back in the space scenario thread.

Comment

Well here is a full list of my other possible mods if anybody is interested in helping or is just nosy just ask about them.

Pillar boxes

Sam sites

New ruin tile imps

Wonders ruins

Colony (improved)

good

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                  unfortunately there is a bug which means air units also blow up. so without a isairunit function in slic I will have to do the if statement from hell
                  hack it from Dale's airunit slic
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

were is dales airunit.slic

Comment

Many places. The directory, Dale's AoM/SAP site, included in MedMod, Cradle, SAP, WAW, AoM, and countless other places I'm sure.

If you still can't find it, I think the default game version is still available here.

Comment

Well for the airunits.slc I would go for the version you find in GoodMod, I debugged it so that you can now use it in DebugSlic=Yes mode without any problems.

-Martin

Comment

ok

Comment

got it exspect somthing like a beta on monday

Comment

So you have the GoodMod version now of the airunits.slc?

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X