Capture City Options For CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture City Options For CTP2

Here is the latest version (2.0) of City Capture Options For CTP2.
    If you like to get some information about previous versions than check out this thread.

I removed one bug in the resettlement option that caused to disappear the resettled people.

Another bug I fixed was if you tried to enslave the population of city that was the last city of your opponent you would see some strange things (can't remember what it was exactly).

Another bug I fixed was a thing was if the city was surrounded by a strange mix of sea and land tiles that the enslavement progress failed, too.

If you destry the city now you will see and hear that the city is burned down. For this little effect I have give credits to Peter, even if I only took the effect and not the timer.

If you now resettle people then you will have some unhappiness in the new home cities of these people. No one likes to loose his/her possession.

Also you people will be a little bit scared when they hear of a bloodbath.

And a nice little surpise feature for you slavery guys that will happen with a chanche of 66% in a city if it gets to many slaves in that enslavement action.

Finally I tried again to think up something against the MP resync bug so mapfi (IIRC it was you who reported that problem) I need your help to find out if my sollution works. As you have a regard loss towards the other AIs it is fair if all the human players recieve a little message that will tell them the truth. Of of these humans should be the host and if the city in question still exists than the code should raise the city on the host computer again.

Before this code will be added to the Apolyton directory I will wait some days if there are no complaits it will go into the directory.

The *.zip file below contains an English and a German version. To install just unzip into your default CTP2 directory.

-Martin
    Attached Files
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

I am about to translate the strings, I will test these new options with the SAP2 this week.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I'll test it in MP but not for at least another week.

Just one question - did you also fix the Bloodbath diplo effect when enslaving? With the old version you'd be punished with a bloodbath diplo loss even though you only enslaved.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
        Just one question - did you also fix the Bloodbath diplo effect when enslaving? With the old version you'd be punished with a bloodbath diplo loss even though you only enslaved.
        Actual there was for both events a diplo penalty. I didn't knoe what the third argument of the ChangeGlobalRegard function was so I used some string. That contained the word boodbath. Now the information in the diplomacy window should be more acurate. You receive a regard loss for the next 25 rounds of 50 points if you do an enlsave and you will loose 75 regard points for the next 30 rounds if you do a bloodbarth.

-Martin

Comment

Ah ok then but I think the regard loss for enslaving is to high. Everybody is going to dislike you after just one enslaving. Maybe half of it for half the time would be enough.

Comment

Does capture city feature in the current DG game, and if so how small a city is safe to attack without it being destroyed automatically? Do we get the expand/enslave/bloodbath oprtions like in a Cradle game?
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
              Ah ok then but I think the regard loss for enslaving is to high. Everybody is going to dislike you after just one enslaving. Maybe half of it for half the time would be enough.
              The loss is temporary and I don't find it too high as acts like enslavement or Bloodbath should not be treated lightly (and certainly not because of anything like this bulls*** politically correct thing).
              Last edited by Tamerlin; February 4, 2003, 10:39.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Why would everyone else hate you after you after butchering a city?

Morals were a bit different in that day, and if an ally of yours attacked an enemy of yours, you might actually like if they bloodbathed the sons-of-b1tches...

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                  Does capture city feature in the current DG game, and if so how small a city is safe to attack without it being destroyed automatically? Do we get the expand/enslave/bloodbath oprtions like in a Cradle game?
                  What does the capture city feature in the current DG game?

To answer the second question: There is a change of 100% like in the original game that a city is destroyed automaticall if it is a size 1 city. In all the other cases the city won't be destroyed before you hit the button. Maybe in some cases it might not work properly.

The third question: As it is basical the code you have in GoodMod 1.0 and in Cradle we get also these three options.

Why would everyone else hate you after you after butchering a city?

Originally posted by MrBaggins
                  Morals were a bit different in that day, and if an ally of yours attacked an enemy of yours, you might actually like if they bloodbathed the sons-of-b1tches...
                  Well in the first version I needed something to keep you from using the bloodbath option, originally the penalty wasn't high enough, but now I have some other little surprises for you therefore I already lowered the diplomacy penalties a little bit.

-Martin

Comment

i nice option in City Capture would be similar to Pedrunns steal technology (alaCTP1)

It would be plunder gold like in Civ 2 and i think Civ1, it would be based any the size of the city and could either always happen when u captured a city (which i like) or happen on a percentage

- James
                    Oxygen should be considered a drug
                    Tiberian Sun Retro
                    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                      i nice option in City Capture would be similar to Pedrunns steal technology (alaCTP1)

It would be plunder gold like in Civ 2 and i think Civ1, it would be based any the size of the city and could either always happen when u captured a city (which i like) or happen on a percentage

- James
                      Actual this feature is already in and in addition it steals also PW, then only different is that it is based on city number and not city size.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

What does the capture city feature in the current DG game?

To answer the second question: There is a change of 100% like in the original game that a city is destroyed automaticall if it is a size 1 city. In all the other cases the city won't be destroyed before you hit the button. Maybe in some cases it might not work properly.

The third question: As it is basical the code you have in GoodMod 1.0 and in Cradle we get also these three options.

edit........................
                        -Martin
                        Ok thanks, it's just that i haven't played much of SAP(which is the DG game) and i wasn't sure if it worked the same as Cradle when you take size 1 cities. It doesn't so at least i know now!
                        Why did all these options get taken out in the later versions of Goodmod? They seem like good tools/options to manage the growth of your empire?
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                          Ok thanks, it's just that i haven't played much of SAP(which is the DG game) and i wasn't sure if it worked the same as Cradle when you take size 1 cities. It doesn't so at least i know now! Why did all these options get taken out in the later versions of Goodmod? They seem like good tools/options to manage the growth of your empire?
                          Obviously you gotn't the point ok one more trial including a look on the file of Cradle 1.35:

I gave Dave the same code for Cradle so Cradle contained the same city capture options like GoodMod. Obviously Dave removed the enslave option and also the Resettlement option, the result was that he now uses some kind of v.1.1 but with a strange if construction. For the buttons you had the same three buttons in Cradle like in GoodMod now Dave removed the Enslave button. So the options were removed from Cradle and not from GoodMod. The original version I gave Dave was identical to the GoodMod version.

For the size one city, if you attack a size one city and you counquer it then its size will reduced by one so that it is a size zero city and in every version of CTP2 size zero cities are destroyed automaticly, so in this case you can't enslave, bloodbath or add it to your empire, because it is destroyed. So in this case there is no difference between the original game or Cradle or GoodMod. In all these versions a size one city is distroyed with a change of 100% if it is captured, because it lost all its inhabitant during the capture.

Dave removed the enslavement option, because it was a little bit buggy, it didn't allow to inslave the population always one thing I fixed in the current version. The other problem that was caused by this enslavement option was that you could very fast very big cities with a lot of slaves. To balance this I added this little nice surprise feature for the slavery guys. Another problem that didn't work in the last version and it is fixed in this version is the move population option that replaces the enslave option once you build the right wonder was buggy, too, because of a small typo.

So to be precise none of these options were removed from GoodMod, they are only a little bit buggy.

-Martin
                          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; February 12, 2003, 15:47.

Comment

Well this new version of the city capture options is now out for 10 days. So any bugs found I overlooked?

-Martin

Comment

Sorry Martin, I am currently testing the Updater2 with a new game and I haven't yet used the new Capture City Option. It is nonetheless on my list as the next mod to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X