X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedrunn
    'ConvertorTakesTheMoneyPerTurn'
    handler which i cant barely recognize .
    yeah, eg. that the paying a tenth is all calculated on the barbarians turn, and the new happymod and the change of the message system
    and i see a lot of new global variable wich i will love to dicover what they do.
    most of them are related to the messages (if not all, don't have the code here now)
    I also noticed that you havent changed the reformation setting essency soi take my settings did work oppose what you have said in another thread.
    Did I? They work fine.
    And just hit me that we need to have a note in the read me not to have the slic reloaded in the game.
    Oh yes, that wouldn't be a good idea. I think it would just change the religion of all cities back to their owner, so at least it wouldn't crash... you could try once

Comment

• So, Pedrunn you're busy studying? Well, yesterday was my first day back at uni, so I'll have to see how much time to spend on Ctp2 will be left.
      Anyway, I had a little idea last night after this diplo stuff finally works now. The moment you change your state religion should have a greater diplo effect. Think of an AI converting your cities. For the AI to do that it's likely he doesn't like you much, so converting to him should reset trust and regard or give bonus. Same with recreating your own religion - that should hurt diplomatically. Just more than the little -2,+5 that we have every turn.

Comment

• So, Pedrunn you're busy studying? Well, yesterday was my first day back at uni, so I'll have to see how much time to spend on Ctp2 will be left.
        My university takes my whole day (morning and afternoon).
        But yesterday at night i was having a couple of beers with some friends (i know it is a week day )
        So i did not check the code but yes i usually am studying hard to assimilate all i can

Anyway, I had a little idea last night after this diplo stuff finally works now. The moment you change your state religion should have a greater diplo effect. Think of an AI converting your cities. For the AI to do that it's likely he doesn't like you much, so converting to him should reset trust and regard or give bonus. Same with recreating your own religion - that should hurt diplomatically. Just more than the little -2,+5 that we have every turn.
        That would be a terrific idea. Re-set trust looks understandble and a big first regard bonus for the change looks nice (What are thinking? +50?). Did the Peter Triggs fix worked?

Nice to see you are carrying on this project . I am obviusvly having my time too much divided. Maybe i should post less and mod more because I really want to realease my mod BETA

PS: I just hope your university doest take as much time as mine takes from me. It almost makes me regret trying to do medicine. Almost...
        Last edited by Pedrunn; October 24, 2002, 06:58.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Did the Peter Triggs fix worked?
          So you really don't have any time to read the threads anymore, do you? Yes, the problem was that we went up to player number 33, but actually theoretically only up to 31 is possible and only up to 29 works without faults in the game. Slic should be made for 31 though (and it works fine) in case somebody finds a fix sometime. IsPlayerAlive returns true for any number bigger than 31 - that's what screwed us up...
          I just hope your university doest take as much time as mine takes from me. It almost makes me regret trying to do medicine. Almost...
          Math here - while I still have some time till things really get going (so about another week...) I'll post as much as I can.

Comment

• So you really don't have any time to read the threads anymore, do you?
            It is hard to keep up. Specially in early week. Mondays, tuesday and wednesdy are killers for me.

About the code:

The code seems to be ok in-game. Although i want to actually play it.
            But I have a few comments on what you did diferent in the code layout. The fuctionality seems ok! Couldnt find any bugs

Why the religionLevel in-code is from 0-10000 and in the message is from 0-100.
            Dont actually see how this makes a difference.

The Happy mod part is so confusing! I know it works but is just crazy for me. i hope you dont mind if i change it when setting to my mod. I like things easier to edit.

The infocycle[] doenst need to be a array. It could be an simole variable.

PlayerNum, infocycle[], SentChanges[], Receiver, allcities[]. Are of too common use. They dont look global variable. May cause some imcompatibilities with other codes if used together. We could use a REL_ prefix in them.

As you see just minor stuff that we shouldnt even bother too much. So you did a terrific v9 of the code. I am proud of our work
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

• New stuff
              Originally posted by Ogie mapfi
              But we decided against this because for one there's a problem with getting the strings in the messages then
              Actually while working in the PBEM fix. I have seen Locutus using a function called SetString(int_t, stringID) thats does exacly that. So it is possible after all. But i have no idea how that function works.

Decrease the Cross size. Dont you think that cross in the top of the city is too big and makes the units head impossible to see? I will make a small pic for it in this weekend. What do you think?
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedrunn Decrease the Cross size.
                A very good idea!
                Why the religionLevel in-code is from 0-10000 and in the message is from 0-100.
                well 0-100 makes sense because of it being a percentage - but rounding will screw it up if you play with large number of players, that's why i blow it up for calculation
                The Happy mod part is so confusing!
                I know I'm a math-nerd, but it's really simple though. Just write the formulas down and insert a few different levels and you easily see what it's doing and how it's working - all straight forward...
                The infocycle[] doenst need to be a array. It could be an simole variable
                yes, I just didn't want to set up three variables for it. I don't think the game needs more ram if I define the size of the array, maybe even less because it's only one name.
                PlayerNum, infocycle[], SentChanges[], Receiver, allcities[]. Are of too common use
                Good point - a prefix is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                X