No announcement yet.

Clerics, Corporate branch and so on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is already included with new cleric included and goals updated.
    But it is the same code without the national conversion.
    The variables do need to be re-written. We cant have a global variable called tmpPlayer1 for example. I will send you a PM now with the string lines now. I am looking foward for the finished version9 of our code

Off Topic: The mod i am making is ready and working. I am just making some changes in the AI and improving some pictures to have it released.
    Of course i will release it without the GL first done.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Oh - in that case - I'd be verry happy if you could mail me the other txt.files and the sprite too so I can pack the whole thing up as a beta. Might take a little bit longer but I'm currently not working on anything else and it'll allow to test it properly in a whole game.

Comment

You have the strings since i am having some trouble attaching files in my e-mail here is the new cleric wich i called Priest (If you have a better name please i am all ears) unit with its pic and sprite and the goals.
        I think i did some change in the religion info message. Cant remember so the code i am using is also in the zip.

Note: I wouldnt be so trustful in the data for the priest unit since it is set up to my mod not for the regular game
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pedrunn; September 26, 2002, 16:36.
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Thanks Pedrunn.
          Just some question thst came up checking the code:
          Code:
          elseif(HappyMod >= 50 && CityReligionLevel < 100) {
          				HappyBonus = -1;
          			}
          elseif(HappyMod >= 100 && CityReligionLevel < 150) {
          				HappyBonus = 0;
          			}
          elseif(HappyMod >= 150 && CityReligionLevel < 200) {
          				HappyBonus = 1;
          What are you tying to accomplish here? The CityReligionLevel will never rise above 100%. So what did you want to test additionally?

Comment

My mistake! It was suposed to be:
            Code:
            elseif(HappyMod >= 50 && HappyMod < 100) {
            				HappyBonus = -1;
            			}
            elseif(HappyMod >= 100 && HappyMod < 150) {
            				HappyBonus = 0;
            			}
            elseif(HappyMod >= 150 && HappyMod < 200) {
            Thats why i love to work in group. Someone else can see things you didnt.
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Doh- I could have figured that out myself - I guess
              Makes much more sense now!

Comment

Pedrunn, I understand that in order to be able to display the civ's name of the state religion one cureently has you're sending the ReligionInfo during that other players turn. So far so good - problem is, if that player has converted to another religion than his own the ReligionLevel in the message will be wrong. I think I'll adjust this by writing the Levels into an array.
                Next grave thing I found is the CaptureCity handler for soon to be dead players. We actually forgot to test if the player was dying there- so it executes every time

By the way - Priest is fine, maybe prophet or shaman?
                And what part do you exactly mean with national conversion? Just wondering...

Comment

And what part do you exactly mean with national conversion? Just wondering...
                  the player get converted. all of its cities dont.

Pedrunn, I understand that in order to be able to display the civ's name of the state religion one cureently has you're sending the ReligionInfo during that other players turn. So far so good - problem is, if that player has converted to another religion than his own the ReligionLevel in the message will be wrong. I think I'll adjust this by writing the Levels into an array.
                  could you try player[3] = religion again. It worked in my PBEM fix

Next grave thing I found is the CaptureCity handler for soon to be dead players. We actually forgot to test if the player was dying there- so it executes every time
                  Ooops .
                  The code only triggers if the player only have one city. But we should have testes if that piece of code is really needed.
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

the player get converted. all of its cities dont.
                    so you won't be able to change your state religion anymore?
                    could you try player[3] = religion again
                    I will - sometime this week...
                    But we should have testes if that piece of code is really needed.
                    I think we did - the player's colour dissappears and is replace by barbarian red.

Comment

• so you won't be able to change your state religion anymore?
                      yes, the civ get converted but the cities dont though.
                      The player will have to reform all of its cities one by one.

I think we did - the player's colour dissappears and is replace by barbarian red.
                      We did?
                      I guess we did then i must have forgotten
                      Last edited by Pedrunn; September 30, 2002, 10:51.
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

• the civ get converted but the cities dont though.
                        isn't that already out of the code in religion9? (i haven't checked the messages yet) I'm fine with that, makes more sense now that we changed the reformation costs anyway.

Comment

• isn't that already out of the code in religion9? (i haven't checked the messages yet) I'm fine with that, makes more sense now that we changed the reformation costs anyway.
                          I did took it off in the religon9, didnt i?
                          I guess i am having bad memory problems

Dont you think we should give the clerics the ability to reform?
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

• a good idea, since it's easily done but I won't change much - at least for my play because I have no empty cities
                            Shouldn't we make the reform costs also depending on the number of units you've got in the city? (The more troops you have to put those stupid ideas out of the heads of your citizens the less money you need to spend to convince them by buying them loads of presents... )

Comment

• Any opinion to the last question, Pedrunn?

As for the code - lucky me had this afternoon off so I got a lot done and I'll finish this Sunday.
                              One thing that came up is theTenth - how much money do you pay - are you getting from a city?
                              Your last code makes a player pay multiple times, to each who chose the city's religion as state religion and the player doesn't have to pay at all when he converts to some other player.
                              What I had in mind is
                              1.that converting to the other player would maybe save you half or two thirds of what you did before
                              2.if multiple players had the same religion you'd have to pay an increasing amount, but never as much as double (I was thinking of 1+1/2, 1+2/3, 1+3/4,... for 2,3,4,... players with the same religion). What do you think?
                              And what is the single amount? One per pop, or maybe 3? Could get very expensive after all at the end. So maybe three but with a divider like pop*300/nr of turns

Comment

• a good idea, since it's easily done but I won't change much - at least for my play because I have no empty cities
                                Shouldn't we make the reform costs also depending on the number of units you've got in the city? (The more troops you have to put those stupid ideas out of the heads of your citizens the less money you need to spend to convince them by buying them loads of presents... )
                                My only fear is that this become a unfear advantage to the human player
                                But i guess the AI will benefit from after all. So i think it is a good idea
                                As for the code - lucky me had this afternoon off so I got a lot done and I'll finish this Sunday.
                                Cant wait to see it
                                1.that converting to the other player would maybe save you half or two thirds of what you did before
                                Save what that i had before
                                2.if multiple players had the same religion you'd have to pay an increasing amount, but never as much as double (I was thinking of 1+1/2, 1+2/3, 1+3/4,... for 2,3,4,... players with the same religion). What do you think?
                                The way i did all the money is equally divided to all players with same religion. But this would for sure be a nice incentive to try to get as much people as possible. Although i dont like the idea of mony coming from nowhere. Dont know what to decide.

So maybe three but with a divider like pop*300/nr of turns
                                I rather have advances that gives bonus if the player has it. Like religion, theology or mass media. I dont like to use the turns or the year to chang bonus and penalties. Every game is a new game. So if a player is ahead in tech he would not feel the bonus (more money income from new buildings and trade and other stuff) as much as if he was in the early ages. This could unbalance the game.
                                Last edited by Pedrunn; October 3, 2002, 17:18.
                                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                                X