Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are welcomed Primative1.

I am rather surprised to read that the DebugSlic=No was the culprit. Without the said change, the game generally loads and runs properly until you reach the modern age...

I hope you will enjoy this great mod.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
      I am rather surprised to read that the DebugSlic=No was the culprit.
      I'm not. He got SLIC errors, didn't he? That almost always indicates a problem with SLIC, not with files or anything. If he had gotten database errors or file not found errors, then it would have been an installation problem. The error he posted was in fact a prime example of not setting DebugSLIC correctly.

Something to remember for next time
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
        Something to remember for next time
        I will, master.

I didn't knew the DebugSlic=Yes/No issue could prevent the game to load properly...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• To clarify - I assume it was the DebugSlic=Yes/No because that was the only thing I did different and its running fine now. The problem I had was that the game would load ok but as soon as I attempted to move a unit it would minimize, leaving me at the desktop with the error message. I would ok the error message and restore the game only for the process to repeat immediately (without my attempting to move the unit a 2nd time). This only occured when I loaded a save and not when I started a game.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification, I though you could not run the executable and start a game, this is why I didn't think about the DebugSlic=No issue as being the guilty party.

Comment

• Yup, Tamerlin was a bit confused about the errors because he doesn't have much experience with SLIC. I on the other hand immediately realized what was going on (including the minimize and error message).

But the problem is solved now, and that's what matters in the end
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• This adds another thing to the source code "to do" list: Error messages which don't minimise the game, and that allow you to deactivate DebugSlic on the fly...

Comment

• Yup, Tamerlin was a bit confused about the errors because he doesn't have much experience with SLIC. I on the other hand immediately realized what was going on (including the minimize and error message).
                  Alright, no need to gloat.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Comment

Working...
                      X