Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enslavement bug?

Iam currently playing a game with the SAP2 and Peter Trigg Updater2 (the goal is to test it through a complete game) and the game has crashed when I enslaved a city.

I have reached the City Cap limit for Monarchy and I have decided to enslave the conquered cities instead of integrating them into my empire while heading as fast as possible for the Emancipation Act. The enslavement process worked well until I conquered a Phenician city and the game crashed when I choosed to enslave the newly conquered city. I reloaded the game and tried to enslave the city again, new crash! I tried again, same result. I reloaded the game and opted for Bloodbath and the game didn't crash.

Have I reached a limit to the number of slaves that can exist in a given city, is it because the infrastructures in my city are not enough to support the increase in population, is it a bug?
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
      Iam currently playing a game with the SAP2 and Peter Trigg Updater2 (the goal is to test it through a complete game) and the game has crashed when I enslaved a city.

I have reached the City Cap limit for Monarchy and I have decided to enslave the conquered cities instead of integrating them into my empire while heading as fast as possible for the Emancipation Act. The enslavement process worked well until I conquered a Phenician city and the game crashed when I choosed to enslave the newly conquered city. I reloaded the game and tried to enslave the city again, new crash! I tried again, same result. I reloaded the game and opted for Bloodbath and the game didn't crash.

Have I reached a limit to the number of slaves that can exist in a given city, is it because the infrastructures in my city are not enough to support the increase in population, is it a bug?
      Yes it is bug, in the City Capture Options slic that comes with ApolytonPack, I think it has to do something with the fact that you tried to enslaved the last Phoenician city, using Phoenician settlers as target for your slavers is not a good idea if the civilisation of these settlers is already killed. It is better to use the latest version of the code in question. Here is my way to install the latest version of the code, the advantage is that you don't have to make any backups. To do it open the APOL_script.slc and find there the place were the APOL_KillCityOption.slc is included, replace the entry by MG_KillCityOption.slc. The MG_KillCityOption.txt can be included in the APOL_Strings.txt by adding this

import "MG_KillCityOption.txt"

after

import "APOL_main_str.txt"

The strings in the last string file will be used if there are dublicated ones, and make shure that you leave a free line after the last entry.

But note with the new code enslaving could become a little bit more expensive.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Thanks for your reply Martin.

This was not the last city of the Phenicians. I found a solution to go on with the game, I reloaded the Slic Files but many settings changed drastically (especially the happiness level in my cities...). the latest mods I have installed are your MG_ComImpsForAIs3 (enabled in the SAP2) and Peter Triggs APOL_Updater2.slc. I must admit the game is no more as stable as it was since I have installed them but I don't know which one is the source of the problem, if any is atually...
        Last edited by Tamerlin; February 19, 2003, 09:34.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• This is to report a variation of a bug that’s known to occur with SAP. The known bug is that in the beginning of a game with two settlers the second one keeps going back to its original starting position. I've started a game at the very hard level so I only get one settler. Since I didn't like its starting position I moved the settler. However, once the AI finished its move the settler went back on its own to the original position. I had to put it to sleep at the end of the turn for it to settle on the following turn. I tested it to see if I moved it a second time, once I “awoke” it, and it still kept going back “home”.

I had no problems once I put it to sleep so this is just a report.
          "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

• Where do I download this file into? Do I need to replace notepad?

I'm never sure where to download these files into
            The wall of the Achaians

Comment

• Originally posted by Aias
              Where do I download this file into?
              Which file?

Do I need to replace notepad?
              I'm not sure what you mean by replacing notepad...

Comment

Where do I download this file into? Do I need to replace notepad?

I'm never sure where to download these files into
                You can download the Super Apolyton Pack 2 here.

Patch CtP2 with the 1.11 patch and then install ModSwapper that can be found here.

Then Unzip the zip file into your CtP2 folder at the following location: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2.

Change the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No in the userprofile.txt file located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp... and you are ready to play.

Am I answering your questions?

Comment

• Nope, that answered my question. I'm going to give it a try!

Thanks!
                  The wall of the Achaians

Comment

• I converted to the Super Apolyton Pack, started a game, saved it, exited, and now if I try to load my saved game it crashes.

Comment

• Hi Lir... and welcome!

Do you have an error message?
                      Have you changed the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No?
                      Are you using Modswapper 1.13 to launch your game?

I would be glad to help you, if I can, on this issue but I need to know more about it...
                      Last edited by Tamerlin; May 19, 2003, 13:37.

Comment

• Lir did you tried to load a savegame that you created before you swapped to ApolytonPack? Actual that is not very probably in that case it wouldn't crash, you just couldn't build some units or notice other oddities. So did you swapped back and tried to load the save game with the original game? Well in both cases you have problems and in both cases it is true that savegames saved with ApolytonPack are only compartible with Apolyton and not with any other CTP2 setup.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• How can I find out what version of Modswapper I have?
                          The wall of the Achaians

Comment

How can I find out what version of Modswapper I have?
                            When you launch ModSwapper, the version number is written in the upper bar to the left of the "close" button.

The problem is that version number 1.12 appears even if you have installed the 1.13 version.

Comment

• Well, I have one of the 1.12 versions!

Thanks for the knowledge!
                              The wall of the Achaians

Comment

• There is only one version of ModSwapper. Well, there have been earlier versions but AFAIK they are no longer online. The only way anyone could have them is if they downloaded ModSwapper 3.5 years ago and never bothered to update...
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X