Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus
    To the best of my knowledge the Forbidden City only closes embassies and increases regard, it doesn't actually prevent war. The not-being-able-to-declare-war-thingie is from CtP1, it no longer applies in CtP2.
    Interesting. The information in the Wonder Movie definitely says something about "can not declare war", but as Bill was saying above, it sounds they can attack and are just skipping the formality of declaration. That means all those games I believed I couldn't be attacked and used that as a strategy, I was just plain lucky due to the increased regard. Well, clearly, my luck has run out.
    Last edited by TheArsenal; May 21, 2002, 18:49.
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Nope, it said that in the last 5 seconds of the CtP1 movie, they removed those last 5 seconds from the CtP2 movie...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Regardless if the Forbidden City protects or not, if you didn't receive a message about America declaring war, their trust/regard levels must have been so low for you that they just attacked by surprise.

Question: was America an Evil Genius?

The style of America's play is consistent to how I've seen Evil Genius' play. Surprise, fast, attack/attack/attack, conquor.

EDIT: By "their trust/regard levels" I mean their levels for you, not your levels for them that you see on the first diplo screen. Their levels are found in the intelligence screen.

Comment

Forbidden City

I hate to argue with an expert, but in my version of CTP2 it clearly states in the narative below the movie (you need to scroll down to find it) that other countries can not declare war against you. Must have been a mistake they forgot to remove when they deleted that feature from the CTP1 version, as it seems to be a worthless amenity.

Bill

Comment

Must be a Great Library stuffup. Straight from wonders.txt:

WONDER_THE_FORBIDDEN_CITY {
            DefaultIcon ICON_WONDER_THE_FORBIDDEN_CITY
            Description DESCRIPTION_WONDER_THE_FORBIDDEN_CITY
            Movie MOVIE_WONDER_THE_FORBIDDEN_CITY
            EnableAdvance ADVANCE_CONCRETE

ObsoleteAdvance ADVANCE_RAILROAD

ProductionCost 2160
            CloseEmbassies
            IncreaseRegard 50
            }
            No war stopping stuff here. From Martin's post in "entries in wonder.txt" CTP2 looks like it doesn't have anything like it in the flags. Oh well. There's a bugfix for the GL.

Comment

Actual the war stopping stuff can be found in the orders.txt or goals.txt. Not quite shure in which one rhight now here at university, but there is a flag TargetProtectionWonder. Of course flag must be used in all orders, the enemy can still enlsave you actual a hot war attack.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I have a problem with this...

ok, i changed the number of players that are allowed to 32 (thought it would be fun.....). i cant move my 2nd settler! i move it then it moves all by itself. anyone have this problem, and any way to fix it?

Comment

Finch:

See the discussion at the top of page 2 of this thread....
                  Just on the auto second settler, I've seen it in WAW as well.

So that's now:
                  - Super AP2
                  - WAW
                  - MedMod
                  - GoodMod for MedMod

I have no idea where it stems from.
                  It's on the "to look into" list.

Comment

thx

thanks man, your site is cool and so is this one. i playCTP on the computer upstaris and i cant download nothing but winzip files. so im glad you zip em so i can use em! its cool that u can do this stuff . good job! ill keep looking here for updates

Comment

Open zip file

Can't do it!!!!!...no way. mad: ......anyone has new advices??
                      MF

Comment

V2.0 Crash

Dale,

I'm still having problems with V2.0 crashing. The first two times I got an error message that the program could't find a file, first file was "UPDG78.tga", the second was "UPDG79.tga". I re-downloaded the files and started a second game. I'm at about 600 AD, and it crashed again, this time with no error message. All the crashes have occurred as an army stack, either mine or an AI's attempts to move.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                          Regardless if the Forbidden City protects or not, if you didn't receive a message about America declaring war, their trust/regard levels must have been so low for you that they just attacked by surprise.

Question: was America an Evil Genius?
                          If I remember correctly, America was something like a "Shrewd International Trader" which America seems to be in the majority of my games. As far as regard goes, I was certain that the Americans regard/trust toward me was at fairly even levels, but there is the distinct possibility it dropped rapidly in the few turns I was not monitoring.

In any case, going into a new game a few days ago knowing AI will build lots of units and use them, has made me pay a great deal more attention to the diplomacy aspect of the game and my own defense. Although still challenging, it is a much more even game. Now if I can just cure that crazy wandering 2nd Settler of its mad cow disease ...
                          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Now if I can just cure that crazy wandering 2nd Settler of its mad cow disease ...
                            You'll have to learn SLIC to do that. The 2nd settler bug is definitely being caused by the FrenzyAI code and I suspect the problem with the Forbidden City is too. (In the Frenzy code there's no check to see if the AI civ is at war with the Human before it does whatever it does.) I spent some time looking at that code and all I found was a load of bugs. Never could figure out what was going on. I think it should be scrapped unless one of the guys can properly debug it.

Comment

mnbryon:

Have a look in CTP2\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures for those two files. The two files you mention are two of the new diplomacy parchments.

Comment

Adriano:

What's happening? Which file?

Peter:

Hence why I'm writing that new unit useage script.

Comment

Working...
                                X