Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou: did you download it using some download manager? The first time I downloaded the file, I used getright and got the error message. On the second try, I disabled getright and then I could install the file with zero problems.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hi Dale,

Thank you for the Apolyton Pack v2.0, I've installed the pack yesterday but won't have the time to play it until a few weeks as I'am working on its translation.

After a quick look at the "APOL_str" files I've noticed a few differences with those included in the Apolyton pack v1.02.

- The file named "APOL_main_str" holds two new parts which have to be translated ("New City Capture Option strings" and "Unit Updater strings").

- The "APOL_slicstrings" file is a new one, the greatest part of it seems to be identical to the "APOL_main_str" but I've noticed a few differences and will have a closer look at it later.

- As in the previous version of the Apolyton Pack, there is a file named "APOL_Strings", I've read both of them and it seems that these files don't have to be translated... Am I wrong ?

If you think I have forgotten something or if you have modified or added something elsewhere, let me know.

Best regards.

P.S : thank you Martin for your APOL Patch, I experienced the tile pillaging crash the first time I played CTP 2 (unmodded at this time), I have since carefully avoided such foolish acts. Revenge !
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Tamerlin:

Yeah, there's a few language changes needed. For instance, the stuff in APOL_slicstrings, are all the strings I needed for the slics I've used. I've tried to put all the new stuff in one file (and most of the old stuff too). You'll probably find that APOL_main_str is not even used (check APOL_strings for definite clarification on that).

Comment

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your reply.

I've looked at the Super Apolyton Pack's "Read me", it states there are some minor changes in the APOL Great Library. Are they concerning some APOL concepts (like new requirements for the "fascism" government) ?

It would help me to know what have changed in the "APOL Great Library" (if it deserves a new translation of course), this way I could update the translation accordingly without any delay.

Best regards,
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, it's to do with things like the Fascism fix, but more to do with English grammer/spelling. Most of the GL stats for tiles/units/etc are picked up straight from the text files, so there's nothing in the GL file to change for that. All changes I made to units/tiles/etc are automatically updated.

Comment

Still can't download texts.zip. Keeps telling me its not a valid zip

Comment

texts.zip

Lou:

Texts.zip is done with Winzip 8.0. I've attached the texts.zip (but took out the German strings for the Mod, see below next post).
                Attached Files

Comment

texts.zip

Lou:

The German version of the strings only. (If you play with the German version, you must also have the zip above).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Actual I made some additions to that Great Library: All the preriquesites of an city building were added, so that you not only see the required advance, but also the required building if this particular building has an building as preriquisite. I also added some fields for the units, so that you can see some fields like Armor, Max HP, Food Hunger, Upkeep and Costs in the Great Library. Some of them are for all units the same like Armor, Max HP or Food Hunger, but it is for mod maker interesting. I also added some new concepts that need to be translated or better filled, with some information:

CONCEPT_CLASSIC_AGE "Classical Age"
                    CONCEPT_INDUSTRIAL_AGE "Industrial Age"
                    CONCEPT_COMPUTER_AGE "Information Age"
                    CONCEPT_FUTURE_AGE "The Future"
                    CONCEPT_MEDIEVAL_AGE "Medieval Period"

I also fixed some stuff in the German version of the Great Library.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Does this mean that WinZip 8.0 is not backward compatible? If so then this not be good. Microsoft strikes again?

Comment

winzip 8 is completely backwards compatible. Personally, I use WinRAR, which supports all zip formats and gives some extra goodies.... however, either way, backwards compatibility wouldn't seem to be the issue - - - unless you have a winzip build that is older than the one used by the original file zipper :-0

Anyone else have any suggestions other than re-downloading or downloading without a "download manager"??

=====================
                        Damn Dale! Thank you so so so so much for these great mods!!!!

I am going to download it now and try it out...

Comment

I had some problems with using Get Right on such MB free sites. The result of the download was a html page instead of the expected valid *.zip file.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hi,

Dale :
                            Thank you for your reply, I will check again the critical aspects of your mod (as listed in the "changes" section of your "readmes") I have already translated in order to correct the translation.

Martin :
                            Thank you for your answer, as far as I can remember Dale has included some of the concepts you have designed for your CityMod (the new ages for example) in the Super Apolyton Pack. Does it mean you have updated the Great Library entries related to your mod in the Super Apolyton Pack ?
                            If you are talking about your own CityMod, I'am afraid I won't have the time to translate it until I have finished the Super Apolyton Pack's one, it will be a pleasure to work on your Mod.

Best regards.

Comment

OK, I know I am behind the curve on this, but I have NEVER played a Apolyton mod before now (I had some sort of errors on v1.2 and gave up trying to fix it)... but I have been playing the v2.0 apolyton pack for 5 hours now and it is fiznucking great!

Dale:
                              Installing the v2.0 text file got rid of my "wondermovie" error I kept getting with v1.2.....

Anyway, I cannot say enough good things about this mod! I've had barbarians hounding me - not with with annoying units that pop out of the "fog of war" but with well planned units that chase me around....

Plus, I am ALREADY encountering a 12-stack army from the Green empire (I myself only have 8 units total across my three cities!!)

This is a GREAT mod and I have already emailed several of my friends, with links to your site, to download the mod for themselves....

Thank you!!!!!!!

(btw - damn it takes forever to develop these early advances... oh well, so far this is a good thing. the game balance is so very good in this mod!!!)

Comment

Martin :

I've just reached the part of the APOL_Great_Library related to the City Improvements, I can now see the changes you have made on each entry. Your changes are welcomed, the french translation of the original great library lacked some useful datas (the improvements eventually required to build a new building were not stated).

Thanks again for your post, I could have missed something without it.

Comment

Working...
                                X