Temporary File Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary File Database

Since it's not possible to add files to the existing regular File Database and a new one is not yet ready for use (shouldn't be too long anymore though), I created a temporary database. You can find it at http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/.

If you have any files for the database (whether it is a 10k large mod that renames Spearman to Hoplite or a supermod like Cradle with all the graphics and videos and everything included), email me with the file itself or a link where I can download it (esp. for big files this latter technique might be wise). Alternatively you can post the necessary info in this thread. I know about a lot of stuff out there but I still want everyone to explicitly email me/post here: I don't want to have to hunt the whole Internet for files, I need your permission anyway, I'm certain to forget a mod or two if I am to contact you guys and noone knows better what mods you've made than you. So even if your mod happens to be the most important one in CtP2's history and it goes without saying that it should be in the database, email me/post here anyway. Same rules apply as mentioned on the database page, with some minor changes, I'll repost them here:

The info I need is:
    - If it's a CtP1 or CtP2 file (or both)
    - Title of mod
    - Synopsis
    - Contact name/handle (whichever you prefer)
    - Contact email (if different from the one you're sending from)
    - Category (see here for list)
    - Version (if applicable)
    - The file(s) for the database itself or a link to it/them
    - Description (longer than synopsis, see existing database entries for examples)
    - A forum thread URL where people can give feedback/report problems/etc (if applicable)

Note: don't use the form in the link I provided, it won't work. Email/PM/ICQ me or post in this thread instead.

Important notes
    This database is open for everybody, that means that all files mailed to the database manager will be included regardless of their author, quality or content. However, the following rules apply:
    * Files will not be included if the DB manager has the impression that the sender of the files is not the author and tries to get files listed under his name without the expressed approval of the author.
    * The DB team will not do any playtesting of submitted files. If you need playtesters go to the CTP2 forums.
    * Only finished files will be processed. If you consider your scenario a beta version which will be updated soon, please wait until playtesting is finished. You can send updated versions of existing files, but a certain period of time should have passed between updates. Note: the meaning of 'beta' over time has come to mean something slightly different from the industry standard; this rule basically means: don't send updates every other day (and make sure the files are not too buggy). Whether you call your file a beta or a low-quality release version is a matter of semantics.
    * The DB team will not search any webpages for updates of existing files. Please re-submit the file if you have an update. Note: this rule is slightly different from the one mentioned in the database section.
    * Submitted files will usually be processed and entered in the DB within 4 weeks. Please do not send e-mails asking when your file will show up. We will not answer such mails. Note: since the database is currently not fully operational, there's no telling how long it takes before your file is actually added to the database. However, I'll write some HTML pages or a forum thread from which the files can be accessed until then. At this point I can't give any guarantees in regard to time but I'll confirm your email if I receive it, if you've received confirmation you can be sure your file will be placed on the Apolyton server and (eventually) in the database.
    * If your zip file is larger than 1 MB, please put the sound files into a separate zip file (aka secondary file). Note: scratch this rule. There are some mods out there that are 10-20 MB large so this won't help much. Try to put everything in files of at most 4-5MB large, or use some other sensible way to split things up (if you haven't done so already). I think Markos and I will need to discuss what to do with those really big mods when the new database is fully operational again. We'll first need to have an inventory of what is out there anyway, even I don't know exactly how large most mods are (I have cable so I never pay attention to it).

Attention Third-Party file senders: Please include with your submission and in your attached documentation the name and e-mail address of the author of the CTP2 file, so we can contact them to ensure that no future complications arise about the posting of the file(s). Thank you for you understanding in this matter.

Files Types:
    * Maps=A map or set of maps, in Pack, Binary or Text form
    * Maps/Binary=Map file or set of map files as saved from the "save map" feature of the editor
    * Maps/Text=Map file in text format that can be imported in the game
    * Maps/Packs=A map or set of maps, with just starting locations, no cities, no modified game files, put together as a pack
    * Scenarios=Map with starting locations, specific cities, civs, etc, with or without modified game files
    * Mods= Set of modified game files, put together as a pack. may include maps
    * Modification= Files for modmakers or anyone wanting to modify CTP2. Units, graphics, utilities
    * Official= Files by Activision.
    * Miscellaneous= Various files that do not belong anywhere else
    Last edited by Locutus; May 13, 2002, 06:12.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Thank you!!!!!!
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Locutus it is just too complicated. Dont you think we should also have the ability to attach our files in it. I tried to add my regard faces in it but i got lost. After filling in all the box and press Add Resource. It gave me an error saying:
      Unkown Tag: Requirement
      Besides you are never going to test it all the files. And it is just a temporary/ unnoficial solution. We know who is part of the community (to rely) and who is not (to get suspicious).
      We can police what is working and what is not through this thread in case of a mistake.

What do you think?
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Pedrunn:

(Note: don't use the form in the link I provided, it won't work)
        Sorry dude, the form doesn't work.

Comment

Pedrunn,
          Dale is right, as I stated in my first post, that form doesn't work. Either post here or email me (or PM or ICQ, whatever you prefer).

All,
          Database updated with files of Dale and Martin the Dane.

Comment

(I really should end with this idea of replying without reading the whole post )
            The info I need is:
            - CtP2 File Only

- Title - Better Regard faces - by Pedrunn

- Synopsis - When i first played CTP2 and saw the regard faces. I said to myself: I cant barely see the differences among them. The CTP1 ones were much clear. So i rescued the CTP1's regard faces to CTP2.

- Contact name - Pedrunn

- E-mail - pedroguilherme@zipmail.com

- Type - Modification/Graphics

- Version - N/A

- Description - When i first played CTP2 and saw the regard faces. I said to myself: I cant barely see the differences among them. The CTP1 ones were much clear. So i rescued the CTP1's regard faces to CTP2.
            This is actually a total replacement to the CTP2 regard faces. Once it is installed it will work in all mods and scenarios without exception. Even the regular game.
            Just unzip it inside the Call to Power 2 base directory.
            It will automactly be part integrant of all CTP2 mods in your PC.

- A forum thread - Any question or comments: See this thread Better Regard Faces

image -

File -
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pedrunn; May 14, 2002, 00:23.
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

I added your mod to the database. The link to the picture is broken, so I had to use the default picture. If you give me a working picture I will replace it.

Comment

Here is the image:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pedrunn; May 13, 2002, 21:31.
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

It was a little too small but I resized and updated...

Comment

I have in Netscape 4.5 a problem when I click on this link:

Better Regard Faces

The page loads but when it is finish with loading than I only see the adds and the links to the rest of the CTP2 pages and to the other games on the top, but no synopsis no link to download the rest is just missing. It works with Netscape 6.2, but I think it should work also with Netscap 4.5, because the original database works also with Netscape 4.5.

BTW, when you will post the news items about all the new things and updates Locutus?

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Martin,
                      Just the Regard Faces one or all of them (just noticed the pic behaved a little odd in IE as well, will check that out).

TW, when you will post the news items about all the new things and updates Locutus?
                      Patience, patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        Martin,
                        Just the Regard Faces one or all of them (just noticed the pic behaved a little odd in IE as well, will check that out).
                        All of them.

-Martin

Comment

How about this? http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/faces/

Comment

Same behaviour it does work in Netscape 6.2 but does not work in Netscape 4.5.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                              How about this? http://apolyton.net/~ctp2files/faces/
                              It still does not work with Netscape 4.5 Locutus.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X