• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cradle 1.31

...is now up at my site
    The Land of Hexagonia

Link to Cradle Thread 1.3

Below is the readme spelling out the changes. You should proably start a new game with the update, as the changes encompasses altered SLIC files, as well as a set of new SLICs.

Unzip the Update into the Activision\Call To Power 2 folder.

MISC FIXES
    1. All playing options in Modswapper designated with 1.31 to clarify current version.
    2. Updates to Great Library to clarify information regarding Government-specific units, as well as many other Great Library corrections and additions.
    3. PDF Information Chart provided for Unit Updater, Special Units and Actual in-game Government Comparisons.
    4. PDF Government and Unit Chart updated.

ADVANCE FIXES
    5. Infrastructure prerequisite is Masonry and Capitalization prerequisite is Oligarchy.

UNIT FIXES
    6. Trireme HP increased to 13 and movement increased to 3.
    7. Removed 'Plant Nuke' and 'Steal Technology' ability from Diplomat - inserted 'Throw Party' ability.
    8. Praetorian defense increased to 30.
    9. Cataphract HP reduced to 12.
    10. Man-at-Arms attack increased to 30.
    11. Knight HP reduced to 12 and cost increased to 900.
    12. Teutonic Knight cost increased to 700.
    13. Janissary HP increased to 18 and defense increased to 30.
    14. Pikeman defense increased to 35.
    15. Crossbowman range increased to 40.
    16. Fascist HP increased to 23.
    17. Composite Archers, Praetorians and all Leader Units can move/attack in mountains.

GOVERNMENT FIXES AND BALANCES
    18. Increased Martial Law effect for Oligarchy to (+2)/1 Martial Law unit from (+1)/1 Martial Law.
    19. Increased Food Coefficient of Fascism to 1.25 from 1.1.
    20. Increased Food Coefficient of Ecotopia to 1.5 from 1.1.
    21. Increased Knowledge Coefficient of Oligarchy to 1.5 from 1.45.
    22. Increased Production Coefficient of Dictatorship to 1.4 from 1.25.
    23. Increased Production Coefficient of Tribunal Empire to 1.3 from 1.2
    24. Increased Gold Coefficient of Oligarchy to 1.6 from 1.35.
    25. Reduced Gold Coefficient of Republic to 1.2 from 1.3.
    26. Changes to Infrastructure and Capitalizaion Coefficents. Refer to the Government PDF chart and Great Library for breakdown.

SLIC BUG FIXES
    27. Fixes to Updater SLIC code include the following:
    a. Added Hover Infantry Militia upgrade from Machine Gunner Militia at Chaos Theory.
    b. Triremes and Heptiremes upgrade to Dromons at Astolabe instead of Greek Fire.
    c. Ironclads upgrade to Submarines instead of Frigates (PT Boats) at Oil Refining.
    28. Diplomod 3.5 Multiplayer bug fix.
    29. FortsforAI and PW Cheat SLIC bug fixes.

NEW SLIC FILES
    30. Pirate SLIC code included from Locutus.
    31. Partisan SLIC code included from Locutus
    32. Settler Population Disbander SLIC included from Immortal Wombat/Martin.
    33. BetterAI SLIC (improved AI pathing) included from Martin.

As usual, please report any problems with file crashes and problems with downloading and unzipping. I did test this on my system though...

Locutus, could you link this thread to the Cradle link in the topped thread - and drop the 1.3 Cradle link?
    Last edited by hexagonian; May 2, 2002, 12:49.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

31. Partisan SLIC code included from Locutus/Gedrin.
    It's confusing isn't it? The Elite units code is from both Gedrin and me, the partisan code was done entirely by me (no, I don't mind)

Yes, I will update the link.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Sorry 'bout that...

Post fixed.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Cool, thanks for the work.

Comment

I just noticed something in the updater code that may or may not cause an ingame problem (my fault...). I have fixed the file and here is the link for the correction. The main Update download has also been corrected.

Corrected Updater codes

Comment

Hexagonian,
            Nice to see more work on Craddle I'll have to give it a go soon.
            I need a bigger hard drive 30 meg is too small for my growing CTP2 files!
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Hex,

I'll load her in, but not yet. I'm still hooked deep in my current game!
              Bluevoss-

Comment

Quick question - I'm at 1300AD in my current 1.3 game (I'll get through it yet - just need about 30 more hours!). Anyway, if I download 1.31, are those files going to overwrite my 1.3 files? Or will they remain different so that I will have different versions in modswapper?
                Bluevoss-

Comment

1.31 will overwrite the 1.3 files instead of creating a set of new options in Modswapper. (I guess you can say that I am working as the CRADLE gaming company and my updates are patches.)

What you can do is make a copy of the entire ctp2_data folder that is currently on your hard drive, and then unzip the 1.31 update into one of those ctp2_data folders. This will give you a set of files and folders for both 1.3 and 1.31.

Manually switch the ctp2_data folder in the Call to Power 2 folder to whatever setup you are playing.

Comment

(I guess you can say that I am working as the CRADLE gaming company and my updates are patches.)
                    A subsidiary of CtP2 MODCO?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Just dropping in to report a bug...

Whenever I attemp to build a Mosque, I receive this error message:

unable to find file 'moschea.TGA'
                      And please note that I am not using the corrected updater codes. For whatever reason I'm getting a "page not found" message when I click on the link.

By the way, HELLUVA mod! I'll admit I was a little freaked about downloading and unzipping all of those files, being as how I'm a tech moron, but I'm really glad that I "toughed it out". Great job!

[edit: I just downloaded the correct updater codes. Maybe this is the fix. I'll let you know shortly.]

Comment

Elvis,

It looks like you are using Leonardo's Graphics package...

In checking the files, it looks like Leonardo did not provide me the .tga for the mosque when he sent me those files. Anyhow, here is a fixed set of files that should take care of the problem. (also available at my site)

If anyone else is using the Graphics package, this should be installed.

As a sidenote, I am currently looking at the various victory conditions and am scaling them down to make them more achievable - at this point in time through my own gameplaying, they appear to be incredibly tough to accomplish. (although others may have a different experience)

Also, I have located a potential bug in the 600 turn 'Birth of an Empire' setup that makes this setup impossible to accomplish.

For the time being, stick to the basic 1.31 game...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by hexagonian; May 16, 2002, 12:23.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Hexagonian! Now back to my regularly scheduled fantasies of WORLD DOMINATION and whatnot.

Have a said "HELLUVA good mod" lately?

Comment

I'm having problems statrting a game. When I try to load CTP2, I get three error messages:

A box labeled path error that says:
                            CRAG_strings.txt not found in asset tree

Then when I click okay I get:

A box labeled CGAR_strings.txt that says:
                            line353:error could not open CRAG_strings.txt

And then finally the fatal error box with a CTP2.exe error

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
                            The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Looks like you are missing the CRAG_strings.txt file. It is attached at the bottom of this post...

Unzip into the Activision/Call to Power 2 directory.

BTW, what version of Cradle are you using?

If you are missing any more files after trying the above fix, do the following. This will give you all of the text files.

1. Download at my site the 1.3 and Victory files - unzip those files into the Activision/Call to Power 2 directory. This file contains all of the text files that have been altered since Cradle was started.

Then download and unzip the Update 1.31 files. This update only has files that are altered for 1.31. Between the two zipped files you will have the files you need to play the most current version of Cradle.

1.32, when released in the next day or two, will contain every text file. 1.32 will mainly contain balances and fixes for the 3 victory options that I have created, so if you generally play the full-blown version of Cradle, there will not be too much in the way of new things, other than the addition of a Shipyard Tile improvement.

The next update (1.33) will probably be a major one, because it will (hopefully) include the Visible Wonder SLIC currently being created.

...unless there is found some additional bugs/balances that need to be addressed before then.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X