Cradle 1.31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The zip file worked perfectly! Thanks again1

Btw, I just downloaded the 1.31 cradle. Is there any chance of putting in something where you are notified when someone declares war on you or attacks your units? It is pretty obvious that if one of your units is attacked that you are at war, but if you leave the game for a while and then come back (and neglect to check your diplomicy screen), you may forget that with whom you are at war.

Just a thought.
    The wall of the Achaians

Comment

CRADLE 1.32

1.32 is now available at my site

As stated in an earlier post, this update mainly addresses the 4 Victory Options.

I did a clean install on my system last night with this update with no problems (all files are included in this update). If you are using Leonardo's Graphics package, there is a file update at my site that makes 1.32 compatible with his files too.

Cradle of Civilization Update 1.32
      Unzip Update into the Activision\Call To Power 2 folder. Below are the update details.

MISC FIXES
      1. Subneural Ads (Activision dummy advance) Goody Hut bug fix.
      2. Obsolete Advance for Temple of Solomon is Christianity instead of Vernacular Prose.
      3. Cost of Monasteries increased to 2,000 from 1,400.
      4. Plague disasters affect 1/8 of the population of a city instead of 1/5 of the population of a city.
      5. Tile Improvement buttons for Endgame options (Obelisk, Colony, Satellite Relay Station) correctly labeled.
      6. Elephant Warriors HP increased to 13 from 10.
      7. Shipyards can be built on beach tiles to repair all Naval units (enable advance Map Making).

ENDGAME OPTION ADJUSTMENTS AND FIXES
      Rise of an Empire
      8. Sequencing/Endgame Activation bug fixed.
      9. New Wonder replaces Appian Way for 'Rise of an Empire' activation sequence (Pax Romana - enable advance Bureaucracy - costs 9,000 production).
      10. Build 15 Forums/15 Courthouses/15 Theatres/15 Arenas instead of 20/20/20/20.

Global Empire
      11. Decreased cost of Manufactories and Governorships to 3,000 from 5,000.
      12. Build 20 Manufactories and 20 Governorships instead of 30/30.
      13. Decreased cost of Colonies to 2,500 PW from 3,000 PW.
      14. Renamed Voyage of Columbus to Voyage of Magellan.
      15. Decreased cost of The Voyage of Magellan to 12,000 from 25,000.

SETI Project
      16. Decreased cost of The Icarus Project to 25,000 from 32,000.
      17. Build 30 Think Tanks instead of 40.
      18. Endgame Activation reduced to 50 turns from 75 turns.

Solaris Project
      19. Build 30 Power Satellites and 30 Gaia Computers instead of 10/10.
      20. Endgame Activation increased to 50 turns from 10 turns.

As usual, report any download/unzipping problems here on this thread.

If anyone can create a SLIC file that addresses the need for a message when the AI attacks the human player and starts a war, it would be greatly welcome.
      Last edited by hexagonian; May 22, 2002, 16:12.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

SETI Project
        i got to sea this
        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I have played about 100 turns on the new mod. Great work! Just a couple of items:

At approx. 3600BC, I got a message that said that I had discovered all advances, even though I had not. I was still able to research advances. At the same time, the cities changed shape into some sort of silver volcano looking thing.

I wasn't given the opportunity to upgrade my archers into composite bowmen.

This is just the best mod ever. I'm looking forward to seeing how the visible wonders turn out!
          The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Could you check and see if you have gotten Subneural Ads, and tell me if you are playing one of the Victory options, or playing 1.32...?

If you have gotten Subneural Ads, then I have to revert my bug fix to what it was pre-1.32, as this is the only change that I made that may have caused this to happen.

It will be a one-file fix though (CRA_Advances.txt), and I will post the file at my site and here in this thread.
            Last edited by hexagonian; May 23, 2002, 15:31.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

I was playing the straight up 1.32. No special victory conditions.

No, I didn't have the Subneural Ad available to build.

Hope this helps!
              The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Could you send me your gamefile? - if you have several earlier saves, this would help even more, so I can see if I can duplicate the event. I'm kind of stumped on this...

What I thought happened was that you (or possibly the AI) managed to get one of the future advances through a goody hut (either Hextapul, my dummy advance or Subneural Ad, which is the Activision dummy advance.), causing the game to think you were in the future age and then upgrading the city graphics to the futuristic graphics. As this was the first time that this had been reported happening, my assumption was based on the changes that I made to attempt to fix the Subneural Ad bug.

The other possibility was that in changing the endgame requirements, there may have been something that was affected. But in the basic 1.32 setup, the only change I made to the endgame was to increase the requirements to accomplish it, and I do not believe that this is the cause. (there were more changes made to the files for the other endgame options - hence the question concerning which setup you were using)

It's entirely possible that this is a very rare occurance too, as yours is the first report of this happening. This should not affect the basic gameplay, as it appears that everything else is working within the game, (you still have to work through the tech tree because you do not actually have the advances) but from an aesthetic standpoint, I do not want the graphics changing like this either.

email at hexagonia@yahoo.com

Comment

Game 'hang-up'

Most of us are aware that when a unit, settler, advance or city is received in a goodie hut there is a significant 'hang up' of the game. Since by far the most common gain is a unit these hang-ups occur very frequently indeed in the early part of the game. Since nothing much is happening at this early stage (usually) these pauses are very annoying indeed. I have long since adjusted risks.txt to deal with this. Much to my chagrin when I installed v1.32 these changes were 'un-done'.

I have a suggestion to make. Since getting a military unit from a goodie hut is utterly inconsequential in the larger scheme of things why not adjust cra_risks.txt to stop this happening. To compensate increase the chance of getting gold, a settler, city or advance accordingly. This almost completely eliminates the delays. When the delay does occur at least something significant is happening. It may well be my imagination but with these settings the delays appear to be shorter as well.

Comment

Blood Bath

I frequently capture a city that I don't want but I am still reluctanct to use Bloodbath. This is not because I am particularly concerned about my image since the AI hates me anyway. If I capture and disband I get the settler. Any possibility of including this option as part of Bloodbath? Or perhaps a 'Disband' option on capture?

Comment

I've had the same problem with that message and the graphics changing and so has some of the other civs. I'm not playing with victory conditions and I can't remember when it happened.

Great update though!
                      Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Lou,

In setting this file up, I based it on the premise that, IMO, getting free settlers/cities and advances were unbalancing (especially the free settler or city), so I greatly reduced the chances of getting those items. I did not want the huts to merely give out gold, so the chances of getting either gold or a free unit are the greatest.

One other thing to note is that I also reduced the vision/scouting ability of the early game units - this was intentional. From a playing standpoint, pulling a Jav Cavalry from a goody hut is one of my favorite things in the game - and at the same time, pulling any unit helps in early scouting. Because of the low movement points of the majority of the early units, even if you get some military units, it is hard to be able to assemble them into an offensive stack.

I do not mind the setup as it is, and I put up with the wait. At the same time, I am open to changing the setup to your suggestion if players want it that way as the norm. And since you generally play multiplay, this may be desirable too. Any other opinions are welcome on this...

What you can also do is keep a backup of your CRA_risks.txt file in the playing options folder and then switch it in whenever you get an update, especially since this is a file that generally does not change from update to update.

Martin, is there a way to add that settler feature to your KillCity code?

Turmabar,
                        I haven't received the gamefile from Aias yet - you can also send me your gamefile. I did go ahead and revert the affected files back to 1.31, as well as changed the official name of 'Subneural Ad' to 'Rational Thought', so that if it does appear in the game, it will fit in better with the ingame atmosphere. Still, that advance is merely a dummy advance - you will not be able to research it and it leads to no units/wonders/buildings, etc, so dio not bother trading for it or stealing it.

The files are at my site. If applying it to your current game, I do not think it will fix the graphics problem in that game though.

Comment

There is, but personally I don't see why it is needed. If the city is under size 3, then you can capture and disband anyway, and if its over 3, then it shouldn't be able to be disbanded...

Add this button in the code, just before the last }
                          Code:
                          	Button(ID_DISBAND) {
                          		int_t k;
                          		if(CityIsValid(city[0])){
                          			for (k=city[0].population; k>=0; k=k-1){
                          				if(CityIsValid(city[0])) {
                          					Event: KillPop(city[0]);
                          				}
                          			}
                          			if(UnitsInCell(city[0].location) <= 12){
                          				CreateUnit(player[0], UnitDB(UNIT_SETTLER), city[0].location, 0);
                          			} else {
                          				CreateUnit(player[0], UnitDB(UNIT_SETTLER), city[0].location, 1);
                          			}
                          		}
                          	}
                          Then add:
                          Code:
                          DISBAND "Disband"
                          to the strings file
                          [code]
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                            What I thought happened was that you (or possibly the AI) managed to get one of the future advances through a goody hut (either Hextapul, my dummy advance or Subneural Ad, which is the Activision dummy advance.), causing the game to think you were in the future age and then upgrading the city graphics to the futuristic graphics. As this was the first time that this had been reported happening, my assumption was based on the changes that I made to attempt to fix the Subneural Ad bug.
                            To fix this bug go to the CRA_age.txt and modify these lines:

Code:
                            AGE_TEN {
                            		Age 10
                            		StartingRound 0
                            		NeedAdvances 1
                            		SlicObject "Age10Entered"
                            }
                            You notice that you need only one advance to enter age ten. Set NeedAdvances 3 as it is in Citymod2. In CityMod2 there are also only three advances of age ten, advances connected to the Gaja Controller. If you don't want that you can enter age ten than NedAdvances must be set higher than the total number of age ten advances in Advance.txt. If it should trigger as indended than only the last advances should be of age ten. NeedAdvances should has then the number of age ten advances without the dummy advances as argument.

Originally posted by hexagonian
                            Of course and Ben already posted it, but actual Iprefer this version:

Code:
                            Button(ID_DISBAND) {
                            	if(CityIsValid(city[0])){
                            		if(city[0].population>3){
                            			ChangeGlobalRegard(player[0], -100, ID_BLOODBATH, 50);
                            		}
                            		Event:DisbandCity(city[0]);
                            	}
                            }
                            So this should give your settler and of course killing the whole population for getting one settler and no loss of regard is a little bit unrealistic, so this fix it if your city is larger than size 3. But I agree you shouldn't be able to disband cities larger size 3.

-Martin
                            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 25, 2002, 13:24.
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

--Could you send me your gamefile? - if you have several earlier saves, this would help even more, so I can see if I can duplicate the event.

Sadly, no. I downloaded another program that really screwed up my computer. I couldn't get CTP2 to run at all. I uninstalled the game before I saw the last post of yours. Sorry!
                              The wall of the Achaians

Comment

If you 'uninstalled' then the file will still be there. Or did you delete the whole lot?
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X