No announcement yet.

Whats This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know about the unused sprites but this looks like an early version of the walker we could have been left behind when the CD was sent to print

Oh and if any body wants to know what that looks like take a look at his avatar
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

I think I know why they did not put it in. it hit my last night when I was watching the tv the unit is a good likeness for the one of robocop the one that’s always going down or being hack in to.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Well I finally got a mail back form activsion it said

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Activision.

The only improvements for either game that we would have officially released or supported for either one of these titles would be available in the patches for either game. The Call To Power 1.2 patch is here-

And the Call To Power II patch is here-

Any other imrovements or additions to the game are not supported and are not something I can direct you to for a place to find them. Someone may have created an some additional files that could conceivably be added to the game but, again, they are not something that we have released or support.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Don’t panic I sent a nice one back demanding a new patch with the files included

Chance of victory not so good

Comment

Well I feel sorry for Activision, I mean here we are actually asking for a game they released to be playable. Pah...there's not pleasing some people!
          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
          Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Comment

I hope you know what I am fighting for a unit and a tile imp

ha ha ha

Comment

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.
              What about the CTP2 source code, at least we should ask. As we think taht the game is unfinished, we can't expect from Activision the final patch and Activision has no commercial interests in this game, so some reasons less to not release the source code and if they won't release the source code we should ask if it is possible that they will do it some time and if yes when.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I really don't think they will but I think it would be great if they did!
                Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
                Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Comment

With the tile imp I have some leverage the source code almost none

But I will attach you question to it. when they give me the go to apolyton speech again which was a common theme of the last mail.

Lets rattle the sabre

ha ha ha

Comment

I am shure that I would find the support e-mail address on my own that you use but it would be much easier if you post it here so we all could send our source code demands to them.

-Martin

Comment

Yes I have to do a bit more sabre rattling they have not mailed me back yet

Comment

news update That’s great they have ignored me now that’s customer service for from activison second only to every one else

Comment

Well got a replay of activsion and guess what the fountain of infinite knowledge said

The ctp 2 team are no longer together

Well that took me about five seconds to realise wen I sent the first mail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
                            Well got a replay of activsion and guess what the fountain of infinite knowledge said

The ctp 2 team are no longer together

Well that took me about five seconds to realise wen I sent the first mail.
                            Wow so much new information here, but I am still curious what the fountain of infinite knowlegde will say us about the CTP2 source code.

-Martin

Comment

Sours code. the second I get the unit then I will ask for the sours code at the moment I don’t want to ask for to much there more likely to say good bye.

God to see some body reads the up dates I make

Comment

I think I upset the bloke at activsion he sounds really upset with me

Response (Michael Hill) 03/14/2002 08:46 AM
                                Hi,

There is no one here higher than myself in the email department. As I said, there is nobody to contact about this particular issue. There are no planned updates and there is no person who can grant access to any of the files for this game. This really is all that I have left to say on this matter so please consider it closed.
                                Well Activsion have stoned walled me but that is not the end of the mater

I have this idea that if I could find someone with a very early version of ctp like the test copies sent out the unit may be in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X