Whats This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats This

Hay I have been looking at the activison ctp 1 site and I noticed a tile imp in this pic I have not seen before can any body help

"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

That pic looks VERY different from the actual game, so it's probably an early pre-release screenshot. I've never seen that tileimp (the one on the water, I assume that's what you're referring to) so I think they replaced it before the game was released.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well that’s not all there is also a cool unit on the page that looks a bit like the war walker.
      So is there anyway of getting them off apolyton or do I have to unpack the battering ram and aim it at activisons hard drive.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Every unit sprite that was in CTP1 can also be found on your harddrive in your ..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites\ directory. You find there unit sprites with just to digids in their names. That are the CTP1 ones. The numbers assigned to the units can be found in the spritID.txt. By the way if there is no sprite entry in the newssprite.txt than the according entry in the spriteID.txt is used. This way would allow us to use 300 unit graphics in one mod. And if you want to know how the CTP1 war walker locks than take a look on your avatar.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          And if you want to know how the CTP1 war walker locks than take a look on your avatar.

Life is ironic, isnt?
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Well the IQ on apolyton must have drop in the holidays I a remember saying

that looks a bit like the war walker
            And that it was not the war walker as I know that’s my avatar

Well I have attached the image of activsion so make your on mind up on the unit

An is this not ironic if we just would have read the posts

Comment

No no, that is the same War Walker...

It is going a different way though
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

So go on wombat explain this, look at the walker and tell me were the missiles are look at the shadow you can see it is different, there is two guns on it and that is it. It can’t have just fired it’s standing there missile less with legs under it and not bolted to the side in style it looks like it is an early version of the walker. And put on to that it has a flat top and not the different one of my avatar

Comment

Sorry, yeah, you're right, they are different, but it does look like you're going to have to unpack that battering ram and aim it at Activision.
                  It agree, it looks like some sort of early version of the war walker that the unit was based on.
                  Attached Files
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Great minds final think a like I did the same thing as you with the screen shot I was just about to post it.

Well the ram will get unpacked tonight. the e-mail will be drafted spell checked and put on this thread when everybody is happy with it. we send it.

Ha Ha the declaration of war.

Comment

This is the mail I am tempted to mail Activsion with

Dear sir or madam

I have been a member of Apolyton for some time now and when I went on your web site to have a look at the your Call To Power site I noticed a tile improvement and unit on your site that were missing from Call To Power or Call To power 2. At this point I posted a section on Apolyton to see if anybody else had seen the tile improvement or unit on there copy of Call To power or Call To power 2 at this a number of people responded each not having seen the said improvement or unit before.

As advised by some other members of Apolton I am e-mailing you to see if you have the unit and tile improvement on file that you could send me or post on Apolyton so that it can be used to further improve a brilliant game.

Yours faithfully

The Big Mc

Comment

found a better pic but it is hard to see it the reddish thing doing a runner at the top of the screen

and boy does it look like the war waker

Comment

I hope they still have some of those unused sprites and i will pry so that they aswer. This is a major addition to the community!
                          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                          Kill all and you are a God!"
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

I just can’t believe no one has seen them before

Oh and the e-mail has been sent
                            But that’s the only unit I see which was unused

I am just after it because it look related to my avatar they could be brothers

Comment

Actual for the unknown improvement you can grap it from the picture directly. If you like to know if there are some more unused units in CTP1 than take a look on the unit my unit GL picture pack that is available here on Apolyton, or take a look on my avatar, to realise that there is also an unused UFO sprite in CTP1.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X