• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ENGINEER
    My work blocked Apolyton site
    Doh... Not fun...

I guess it is time to jump to Civ 3.
    My own opinions below:
    I think that CTP or CTP2 haven't ever been as rousing as civ 1 was years ago. I loved that game! There is something missing from CTPs. Maybe civ3 will be as rousing as civ 1 was.

But!!! My computer... It is 300MHz and I am quite sure I should not even try to play civ3 with it and I am not planning to upgrade my computer

(I used to like SMAC too but I stopped playing it because of that stupid "make your own units with these Lego blocks").
    Jani

Comment

18 so far.... whooo that is almost daed, and with all these mods...

what were WW sales of CTP 2 does anyone know?
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

This thread do not prove anything. there are a lot of people that does not look the modding forum, or does not want to talk.
        We are only seeing the modmaking community posters.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Here. Yes, I still check in (about one or twice a week) to see what the latest Mods are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
            This thread do not prove anything. there are a lot of people that does not look the modding forum, or does not want to talk.
            We are only seeing the modmaking community posters.
            Actually I think this thread profes that here is only about twenty CTP2 players that are modders or that search actively new versions to mods.

I think that other CTP2 players are playing without mods(maybe they do not even know about mods?) or have abandonded the game. Of course it is possible that some players are playing with mods they will find from apolyton's file section and they do not watch this forum(or they are only reading).

But twenty regular readers/writers... That is poor result!
            Jani

Comment

Originally posted by janilxx

I think that other CTP2 players are playing without mods(maybe they do not even know about mods?) or have abandonded the game. Of course it is possible that some players are playing with mods they will find from apolyton's file section and they do not watch this forum(or they are only reading).
              After all said to upgrade the databases in the other thread MarkG did not changed a thing .

I guess it is time to jump to Civ 3.
              Civ3 releases will mark the end or the return of CTP2. After all if civ3 is better then CTP2 even i would change too.
              But when everytime i make a paralel i rather go with CTP2

Elite Units x Unique Units
              Wonder Units x Leaders
              Stacked Combat x Armies Every CTPer will miss the battle screen
              Terrain - Just compare what thy have in this last two months to the release.
              Golden Age - I already said my feelings about it.
              Last edited by Pedrunn; September 11, 2001, 08:27.
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

I haven't read anything about Civ3 but I still have some comments...

Wonder Units x Leaders

Wonder units... I have read a few words about tose but I do not know what they are :-/ Something that was implemented to MedPac? Or are they in ApolPack too(never seen any)?

Stacked Combat x Armies Every CTPer will miss the battle screen

Actually I disable that screen always. And someone said in MedPack thread that AI doesn't retreat ever from battles so why should human do so?

Terrain - Just compare what thy have in this last two months to the release.

Never seen? I do not know what you mean. If you mean graphics I disagree Graphics are inessential in strategy games(I would play civ-type games with Civ1 graphics as well(maybe with Theatre Europe(Commodore 64 game) graphics as well ).
                Jani

Comment

Janilxx i would love to discuss this topics with you (i love debates) but i dont think this is the right thread to do it. if you are interested start a new one .
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

Janilxx i would love to discuss this topics with you (i love debates) but i dont think this is the right thread to do it. if you are interested start a new one .
                    Certain type of debates are fine but not all

I would love to start new thread for debate but then someone might think that here is life in CTP2/Mods threads. So I don't start the debate (Good sarcasm is nice to )
                    Jani

Comment

Working...
                    X