No announcement yet.

Apolyton Pack for CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it fix correctly what's in the readme? I remember something about the Sea-cities in FixMod not working correctly all the time.
    Unfortunatly it deosn't fix that. Klaus realized that therefore he started a thread about sea sprite bug obversations. You can leave out these files that are removing the diamond age and so you can combine it with CityMod2 easily.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by ENGINEER
      Do you all feel like CTP 2 is starting to actually be fun. It's all thanks to the modder/screnario community.

I'm amazed by what you can do with CTP 2. Much more than any other Civ game I have seen.
      ...now if we could get some more people in here to play what we have done. With CIV3's release day in flux, maybe our little community will grow. Personally, I hope they keep pushing CIV3's release date back further and further.

Dale,
      Is the area that you are working on only the area that includes the leader photo? This is so I can figure out just how to lay out my image. I have some ideas in mind as to how I want my parchment to look.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Maybe we could get Mark or post in the Civ 3 forum a sort of CTP 2 challege This is of course after a few more loose strings are tied up like 2nd release of Med Mod II, Craddle 1.2? and an Apolyton Pack for CTP 2. Many other cool mods/scenarios also.

Comment

My pennies worth: I believe the Apolyton pack should be what CTP2 ougth to have been at the outset. Hence it should not be a mod, but an enhanced basic version that will be the reference in turn based strategy games!!

To obtain it start from the CD rom + patch 1.11 + patch Apolyton.

Comment

Hexa:
            The size of the screen you get to work with includes the full piece of parchment plus the section above the parchment where it puts the year and civname. I'll put a blank template in the doco when I'm finished and send it off to ya.

PACK UPDATE: (The first one)
            I've played 300 turns of a game (hard, 8 civs, 2nd lowest barbs, huge) and can give you some details of what's happened. My civ totally controls a continent with space for 7 cities. I was the only one to start on the continent. I found early on the continent to my left which has England, America and France (America in the middle). This continent stretches from the south edge for two-thirds of the height of the map. It's huge! Overall I'd say this continent is about a third of the map space. The English have pushed northwards and killed off the Americans to one city left. There's peace now. The Americans stole a couple of cities from the French early on, but lost them back to the French when the English pushed through. I've got one city on this continent so I can keep up contact and military presence for threats and defense. The rest of this continent is claimed. At this point, I've had no wars. At the north end of the map a huge continent wraps around the whole globe with a straight to the edge of the map in the middle of the map. Three civs inhabit this continent. Due to glaciers, one civ is isolated, but has made contact with it's neighbour across the straight. So far there is no contact between continents as SOL's have only been available to a few civs for about 20 turns. The Scottish is the biggest on this continent having been in a war with Native Americans for a long time and completely surrounding them leaving the NA's with only 4 cities left. Both the English and Scots have about 20 cities, which is increasing their unhappiness. All AI civs have gone nuts with mines, farms and roads, and the Scotts have a city surrounded by grassland that is size 25! My biggest city is only 15 so far. No AI has a sizable navy yet, but that's more due to science than no desire to build them (only 3 civs have ironclads at this point, with only a couple of SOL's floating around exploring). However, there's quite a few stacks running around and most cities have 6+ defenders and walls. Both continents wars are reaching a stalemate situation as cannons are currently in most civs research options. I have SOL's, ironclads, infantry, cavalry and currently researching cannon. My civ is currently 3rd on the overall graph, but the only thing holding that up is military (2nd after English) and economics (3rd after English and Scottish). My science is coming 5th, but equal with 3rd and 4th. At this point in time, the English and Scottish are runaway leaders. But this could all change as it is reaching the point in the game where the other side of the world is within reach (transports soon, cannons, infantry/machinegunners). I've only been able to get one wonder so far (Hagia Sophia) as the AI's are pinching them from under my nose. The barbs have only appeared on one continent (to my right at the bottom) and wiped out the last civ early on when they only had 3 cities.

This game is being played with Med Pack, Cradle and my mods as noted at the top of the thread. Since these three sets contain most of the changes in text files and slic to the game, I'm testing these out first. I'll start a new game soon with the addition of the 80% science cost that Frog_Gamer contributed. (I received it this morning)

All up I'm pretty happy with how the AI is going. Considering I'm only testing on the Hard level and only just catching up in science and military after 250 turns, it's looking good for the harder levels. I'll let you know how I go with more additions.
            Last edited by Dale; July 9, 2001, 01:37.

Comment

Since I've been doing some debugging for the Med Pack this pack has had a few days off. But it's back to it this weekend. Also, being oncall at work hasn't helped much in the development stakes. I HATE being oncall!!!!

This weekend I'm going to put all the additions to the Apolyton Pack that haven't been tried yet:
              - 80% science cost
              - CityMod2
              - Fixmod.

So hopefully we should have version 1.0 ready for testing on monday.

I hope everyone who plays it enjoys it as a LOT of work has gone into the MODS included for our enjoyment by various people.

Comment

This all sounds great, Dale. Nice to see someone set about making a good "plain" version of the game.
                One thing, I would add the goals and personality texts from the aidata section of the medmod, too. I do not think there will be a problem putting them into the basic game, and the goals.txt especially fixes and improves upon several things.
                I also fixed a bug in the orders.txt which affected the Lawyer. I moved some of the buttons around due to conflicts with the medmod, but that should not be a problem.

Comment

Okay, all MODS 'n ALTS are in the Pack! Time to test.

List of stuff to know:

- On Monday, I'll setup a download at Hex's mydocsonline site.
                  - There'll be two download files, graphics & texts.
                  - Apolyton Pack is Modswapper enabled (no scenario folders to fight with )
                  - More to be added if wanted!

Stay tuned for Apolyton Pack in a couple of days.

Comment

CTPII diplomacy photo resolution

Hey, Dale...

This is shaping up nicely --Almost makes me wanna buy CtP2

Again, good job getting the dip pics in there!

I was looking at the your post up there, with the the diplomacy image...hmmm...Roosevelt looks awfully faded--is that how they all look in that box??

Later
                    Existence is Futile.

Comment

The diplomat pictures are transparent because all the text has to go over the top of the pictures. If they were completely opaque it would be hard to read.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I know you don´t want to include new things, but what about a useful AI?

Comment

Sh*t

Immortal Wombat:

Hey...

Yeah, I kinda thought it was the text... hmmm...
                          Would there be a way to change that text color to something more attention-grabbing---like red...? Red would be perfect.
                          That way, perhaps the resolution could be sharped by {even} 10%...that would really help {cuz many pics are going to be difficult to see without obscurity}...if one can find the corresponding file for opaqueness
                          {I wouldn't want them all to be crystal clear, of course--if the text must be slopped over them, it would be hard to read--even if it was in red...cuz of red flags, say...}

Yunno, now that I think of it...that's ridiculous--first the leader pics do not even work, which deserves its own Column ....but why why scribble text all over it!? I mean, *several* I have worked on for days--and nothing subtle will show up: they'll all look frosted over anyway! Too bad there wasn't a way...hmmm...well, I'd have to test it myself--but have no copy of the game yet

Oh well--thanks anyway

Dale, anyone:

Do you know if there is one file which puts the text in the box?--is the text a file which also makes that box fuzzier? So *if* there is a way to make that box more transparent, would it also make the text more transparent--black *or* red text?

Thanks in advance

T.
                          Existence is Futile.

Comment

Nordicus you could rezize the diplomacy window and modify the window in this way that you don't need to make the pictures transparent. We can't add buttons or images to the UI but we can modify its componets. I recall someone increased the size of the trade window in CTP1. I think to rebuild the diplomacy window is a little bit more dificuilt but possible.

-Martin

Comment

There is a blank spot in the top-left corner of the screen which never has text over it. I think the problem is that they were never intended to be diplomat photos, they were meant to be the parchment which the diplomats wrote their request on, like a letterhead.
                              Nord, the game doesn't transparentise is, the picture must be transparent in the first place. I did manage to change the colour of the "Message", but I don't really understand the colors00.txt file well enough to try and figure out what each line does.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

There is a blank spot in the top-left corner of the screen which never has text over it.
                                I guess you mean a spot in the top left-corner of the parchment. This corner was intended to be covered by a small diplomatic photo. It looks that that Activision didn't finish this although the pictures are already in the game. Now here are two example from diplomatic screen. The first one can be found here on Apolyton. The second one I found somewhere. I can put a image on that place. Unfortunatly it will only work for a screenshot. I can put there a picture of the greek leader and it will be shown for every civ.

-Martin

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X