Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medieval Pack II Beta: The Gathering (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Pintello on 04-10-2001 05:01 PM
    Hi Wes,

Is there any chance you could post the changes you have now, the government fixes, unit fixes, AI fixes, TI fixes, etc... now and then post another update when you receive the expected Slic code and what have you from other people. That way we could playtest the current changes independent of the new Slic changes. This may help us get a clearer picture of the effects of your current changes without adding the complexity of the changes to come?

Yeah, I know, I am full of BS. Yes, you found me out. What I really want is to just get my hands on all the changes you have already made. My other arguement are valid though, right.

Timothy Pintello

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the best thing I've heard all day! Such a subtle way of asking too.

Wes, I think this boy deserves an emailed copy of the changes. hahahaha

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

UPDATE ALERT: New text update posted.

Alright, so Tim tricked me. He's devious that way (which is a surprising quality in a Baptist Deacon).

Anyway, since I didn't get in any of the stuff that Dale, among others, is supposed to be working on, I will post what I have.

Martin, I hope you saw my request in your documentation thread. If you can find that stuff from the strategies.txt, it may go a long way towards improving AI behavior.
      It's weird, I thought we would be winding down now, but new possibilities seem to be popping up every day.
      If someone can find a way to convert the mod's non-Ctp2 unit pics to the Ctp2 background without blurring the unit image, we can have all the pics matching. That thread keeps progressing. I just need to see an example of someone's work who meets the standards I have set for the mod.

Comment

Wes

Check out my tga file for the spearman - I recently went through all my new units and added the background from CTP2.
        http://www.mydocsonline.com
        login is hexagonia
        password is hextapul

Load the TGA images into your files and call up the Great Library to see it.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Wes, There's supposed to be an update but I can't find it anywhere and your homepage still says 27 march version and is not downloadable ?

Some things I noticed, maybe already adressed but I don't have time sifting through 240 messages so excusez moi if I print anything which you already know.

1st : in the year 1999 I got a feat of wonder for building so many orbital labs, but I didn't even have the tech that gives me the damn things so I think I got this feat because I was building public schools.
          This needs to be fixed.

2nd. : The AI rarely...should I say NEVER EVER terraforms, the AI build farms on top of grasslands but it builds mines ontop of plains.
          This gives situations where an AI doesn't produce food but production is very high. Cities in 2139 where still only 4 large because of this.
          If the AI balances this so that it terraforms a portion of the plains to grasslands for farming.
          It totally unbalances the game, because AI's with lots of grasslands have large cities but no mines thus production, AI's with lots of plains have great production but no food.
          Can this be solved, because some AI's are to easy beatable this way !

Well, that's it for now....bye bye

Comment

quote:

Wes, There's supposed to be an update but I can't find it anywhere and your homepage still says 27 march version and is not downloadable?

I also wasn't able to even download the new file from his site. This could be because of the new "www" system apolyton forced us to use, and Wes still hasn't ypdated his site to go with this new system...

And Hex, Wes also asked me to check your TGA files. I used PSP 7.02 and ACDSEE, both weren't able to open your files. I think that either your photoshop had a problem or the zip file was corrupted.

------------------
            Let people hear what they want to hear
            [This message has been edited by alley_cat (edited April 11, 2001).]

Comment

I think I found the problem, I will be posting an updated zipped file.
              [This message has been edited by hexagonian (edited April 11, 2001).]
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Corrupted zip file...

A new one has been posted and tested for downloading at my site.

Comment

...which is from mydocsonline, or from somewhere else?

------------------

Comment

http://www.mydocsonline.com

login is hexagonia
                    password is hextapul

Comment

There may be a problem with the site. I uploaded the update last night, and the admin page showed it on the list. When I went back there just now, the text update was gone. I did forget to update the index page, but that should have nothing to do with the upload disappearing. I will upload again.

Comment

Ok, I have posted the update again, and updated the index and headlines pages. Note that the update is larger than usual because of the new unit included in it. Also remember that you will have to start new games after installing the update.

I will correct the orbital lab feat in the next update. Orbital labs have been changed to Public Schools, since the labs were an iffy concept and came too late in the game to do you any real good. I will keep the feat associated with schools, and change its message to something more appropriate. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Just install the new text and started a new game. As soon as I hit the CTP 2 flag to start a game I'm getting a DB error SPRITE_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY not found in sprite database. I than hit the OK button, it goes away and the CTP 2 button is still in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. I hit it and the game go through the startup process and give the normal start. I'm still getting the slow change of turn for other civs. Userprofile and profile are set to NO. The pictures UPUP117L is still OK.

------------------

Comment

I just try to download Wes file for the 2nd time this morning and it would not work.

------------------

Comment

I forgot that, after installing the update, you will need to use Modswapper to load and save the original game, then close modswapper, open it again, load and save the Medpack II, close modswapper, then start the game as usual. This will get rid of the database error Joseph reported, as well as update the Great Library.

Comment

Hi Wes,

I have downloaded and started a game with your new text files. I did not have the same problem that Joseph1944 reported, but that is probably because I am using Windows 2000 and had to load everything manually anyway. At any rate. I am into the early ADs with the current test game. Advances seem to be coming well. I just recently entered the Medieval Age and it looks pretty good so far. All the militias have upgraded fine to the Fyrdman, that is the latest one that I have available.

The Hebrews, who are my neighbors, are expanding too close to me. I will probably need to do something about them pretty soon. I am working on Gunpowder and will have it in about 24 turns. Once I get that I will change to Absoulte Monarchy and send in the troops. I have to wait till then because I am at my city limit size and a little past. I will probably not be able to do this till this weekend as school starts up today.

Well that is all for now.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

Working...
                                X