Bringing barbarians back to the oceans of CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huys:
    When scripting the withdraw mod I got an Out of Bounds error on my array when the script tried to withdraw a unit to an invalid terrain type. Remember that some of the anchient ships can ONLY be shallow/beach terrain types. You will error out if you try to put them in any other terrain. Remember to check for that.

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Just a bit of clarification...just above there I mentioned that I'd like to see a different, more military-looking, transport sprite. Well, Wes has the "Liberty Ship" sprite in CTP MedMod. I know about that sprite but was planning on using that as a SIGINT spy ship. Kind of like the spy satellite but waterborne and appearing earlier in the game. Just wanted to clarify that I like that sprite but plan on using it for something else. It'll make for a fine spy ship.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Great to be back, I've been on a little vacation, actually 4 days of uninterrupted partying and doing whatever you like.
        In my country they call that Carnaval ! it's great !

Thus my code hasn't gone that far, it worked for a short period of time, but now, I can't get it to work properly, while loading after a while it just hangs.
        I think that it has an infinite loop somewhere but that's the weird part, there is none ! ?

I think that I mail the code to locutus and maybe he can check it out, error out the code, the rough material is there, now to edge it out a little.

Hope to have a beta out soon, but I won't have all the features that you like, patience now

Well, gotta go, work to be done !

bye

Comment

Dale,
          To avoid the problem of putting some boats out in the middle of the ocean that can't move out there I would just create UNIT_PIRATE_BOATTYPE and just give them the ability to move on ocean squares. That way you don't have to worry about it through slic or give the pirates a boat that far exceeds the combat ability of anything else out there. This also gives them the potential to flee to safe waters.

Huysmans_666,
          I would alter your code to just pick one single random tile on the map and then check to see if it is water. If it's not I suggest using GetNearestWater(fromLocation, toLocation) to find the closest one. This avoids long waits while it picks tiles randomly on the map. This also might be more friendly to people who choose to max the land slider. Additionally, you will want to make sure you aren't plunking down pirate ships on one landlocked ocean square. I would use IsContinentBiggerThan(location,size) to check for this. According to the slic2 function page it works on ocean sizes as well as land mass sizes.

Comment

Working...
          X