Diplomod V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Yeah definitely, I've had peace treaties before in the unmodified game. All I needed to do was be nice to them, lavish them with gold, etc. It was mainly "diplomacy-minded peacemakers" that proposed to me. But I honestly have had that before.

Now if the mod can get the AI to propose an alliance, and threaten me with sanctions if I refuse, *then* I would be impressed.

Comment

Dale, don't give up on it yet!

What you've done so far is fantastic. But I do have some more suggestions and comments! Please read 'em.

1. I've been playing the latest version and the AI is a lot more cautious earlier in the game. Well done.

2. I love the way you've rewritten the break agreements back into the game!

3. Is there any way you could rewrite the other options Activision left out at the last minute, like asking the AI to mount troops at a specific city, the annual gold payment thing or asking the AI to stop trading with other civs, etc? Also, is it possible for an AI civ to create a trade embargo against the human?

4. There is a bug--it is possible to trade tech without an embassy. I'm sure this could easily be fixed?

Overall, an excellent mod--I'm really excited.
      [This message has been edited by David Murray (edited February 01, 2001).]

Comment

Huys:
        No idea, sorry mate.

David:
        The coding is IN there for an AI to create an alliance and threaten ya, but as to if it'll use it........ *shrug*

1 - That was one of my goals. Make it more cautious at the start. It used to be too easy to get anything at the start of the game.

2 - Thanks. The code was still in there, so it was as simple as taking out 2 "Disabled" statements in diplomacyproposal.txt

3 - They took out the hardcoding of these routines. I reinstated some of the extra threats in diplomacythreat.txt and all I got was garbled msgs and crashes. It woulda been nice to have some of them back (included tributes, amassing troops, and others).

4 - Didn't realise I'd enabled that without embassy...... Hmmmm...... But here's the fix for it.

a - Open diplomacyproposal.txt
        b - Find PROPOSAL_OFFER_GIVE_ADVANCE & PROPOSAL_REQUEST_GIVE_ADVANCE.
        c - At the bottom of each make it look like this:
        Code:
            DetailsEx3 { DetailsEven DIP_DETAILS_OFFER_GIVE_ADVANCE_EX_3 }
            DetailsEx4 { DetailsEven DIP_DETAILS_OFFER_GIVE_ADVANCE_EX_4 }
            HasEmbassy
            Image "updi01.tga"
        }
        Personally, I like it this way.

------------------
        Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

quote:

David:
          The coding is IN there for an AI to create an alliance and threaten ya, but as to if it'll use it........ *shrug*

I will playtest extensively and see what happens, as I'm sure many others will now you've given the game a new lease of life.

quote:

2 - Thanks. The code was still in there, so it was as simple as taking out 2 "Disabled" statements in diplomacyproposal.txt

Hmmm...I wonder why Activision disabled that. ???

quote:

3 - They took out the hardcoding of these routines. I reinstated some of the extra threats in diplomacythreat.txt and all I got was garbled msgs and crashes. It woulda been nice to have some of them back (included tributes, amassing troops, and others).

Damn, that's sucky. Perhaps they realized that the AI they'd created was too useless to follow through with their enhanced diplomatic options so just got rid of them....

Also, thanks for the quick response for a fix.

Comment

My latest observations are that the AIs all seem to be very chummy with each other...but don't create any alliances/treaties or anything with each other. The AI hasn't been very forthcoming to me yet either...it's just been getting mad and talking about resenting me for sharing the same continent...hmmm...I'm at 150BC on very hard level and already Japan has got gunpowder, so let's see how things go later in the game....

Comment

The latest bug.

Take a look at this. http://members.aol.com/davidwamurray/ummm.jpg

I must admit, it did make me look twice when I saw it.

Comment

Maybe its a feature! Enemy spies broke into an English Embassy and made that fake proposal!

Comment

Ummm..........

ummmm........

That's a good one.

a) Remember that this proposal event was canned by Activision. Maybe this is why? If anyone from Activision happens to wander by, is this why break agreements got canned?

b) The other thing I can think of is you had an agreement with the Poms and they didn't want to have it anymore and requested you to break it and take the regard hit? *shrug* Dunno. Just blabbing here.

Bottom line: That one won't be fixable.

------------------

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Yep...in the previous turn I had forced them into a peace treaty and a military pact to get them to attack Japan, whose military power was becoming quite substantial...but still, I think it's a bit of a strange request. I mean, I threatened them into accepting so they obviously shouldn't be telling me to cancel it next turn...?

Also, does the AI create peace/trade/ally with each other? In my game, they haven't done so yet...oh well, I'll keep watching....

Comment

Hmm, is Diplomod supposed to make the AI more aggressive, too?

Look at this: (yet another screenshot ) http://members.aol.com/davidwamurray/invasion.jpg

I wouldn't be experiencing this normally. It's great, because I genuinely feel like I'm up against it now. And that's without frenzy.

I've had nothing but grief with the AI making demands and invading my turf.

(Not as annoying as the Illegal operation which has just made me lose about 50 turns though)

Comment

Not sure where to post this exactly, so I'll post it here. Finally downloaded the new version fo diplomod, and volia, it works great!. So I went ahead, and make a small change to the frenzy AI so the player can have peace treaties with the AI and not be attacked. Don't know if this code works but here it is, just cut and paste to the end of the Frenzy AI slic file.

Code:
                        HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'FAI_FRENZY_ADDON setup' pre {
                        	DisableTrigger('FAI_FRENZY level');
                        	DisableTrigger('FAI_FRENZY_ADDON setup');
                        }

HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'FAI_FRENZY_ADDON everyturn' pre {
                        	if (!IsHumanPlayer(player[0]) && FAI_INIT == 1000) {
                        		if (FAI_FRENZY != 4) {
                        			if (!HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 32) && !HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 33) && !HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 38)) {
                        				if (FAI_FRENZY == -1) {
                        					FAI_FRENZY = 4;
                        				} elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE4_COEF) {
                        					FAI_FRENZY = 4;
                        				} elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE3_COEF) {
                        					FAI_FRENZY = 3;
                        				} elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE2_COEF) {
                        					FAI_FRENZY = 2;
                        				} elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE1_COEF) {
                        					FAI_FRENZY = 1;
                        				}
                        			} elseif (FAI_FRENZY != -1) {
                        				FAI_FRENZY = 0;
                        			}
                        		} elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 38)) {
                        			FAI_FRENZY = -1;
                        		} elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 32)) {
                        			if (random(100) < 90) {
                        				FAI_FRENZY = -1;
                        			}
                        		} elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 33)) {
                        			if (random(100) < 50) {
                        				FAI_FRENZY = -1;
                        			}
                        		}
                        	}
                        }
                        [This message has been edited by BlueO (edited February 04, 2001).]

Comment

Cool Blue. I was going to look at this during the week, but since you've got something I'll just get on with immigration. Thanks. I'm sure this'll make a lot of people happy.

------------------

Comment

Dale,

Great work man, the AI is crazy about each other !

But like always I have some problems and I think they are Diplomod related.
                            I never have any crashes or errors in an ordinary game, I do have em in Mods but that's life
                            Now, I installed your mod to be run with any normal game en thus I should have no errors, wrong, I've had 2 crashes to the desktop with no message and on 2 occasions the program returned to the desktop gave a weird message and returned to the game and I could continue.

The messages I got were really wierdand seemed to come from inside the game, not a text file or script, because it states the line with the error, It didn't know !
                            I wish I wrote down the error message but I didn't !!!
                            Is this diplomod related or what ?

Keep up the good work DALE !

Comment

well, i always get an error like this:

SLIC ERROR

D:\CTP2\...\withdraw.slc:50: No function named GetAgreementDuration

anything u can do with that???

Also played a game on impossible...still .either I'm ways too good (yes,yes,yes,tell me), or...
                              You'll not see me coming!

Comment

hey davidmuray, your pic is weird...just can see the left half of it..the rest is messed up
                                You'll not see me coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X