Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH I almost forgot. As far as wonders go. There's just too many of them. Too many of them have benefits that I doubt were/are real. How did the Pyramids help with gold? And chichen itza deterred crime by killing the simplest offense. After a certain time, this wasnt allowed anymore yet in CtP2 it looks like it never expires. Most WoWs should in fact be nothing more than FoWs.
    And they should take substantially longer to build than they currently do.
    It appears that theres still no production penalty for switching the building queue before its finished.

Comment

• OH I almost forgot. As far as wonders go. There's just too many of them. Too many of them have benefits that I doubt were/are real. How did the Pyramids help with gold? And chichen itza deterred crime by killing the simplest offense. After a certain time, this wasnt allowed anymore yet in CtP2 it looks like it never expires. Most WoWs should in fact be nothing more than FoWs.
      It appears that theres still no production penalty for switching the building queue before its finished.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• If I might add my 2 cents on terrain values. I would make all water squares 10f-0p-5g, but jack up the benefits of tile improvements for production, i mean what exactly do you get out of water except water and sand? grasslands should still the most productive food source at 15f-0p-0g. the reason its so productive is because the soil is good ole black nutrious dirt, and not part clay or partially dried out like the plains. No matter what the desert type, it should produce no food until improved. And white hills and white mountians should take a 5p reduction to account for the difficulty in working in the cold. Plus from my experience from visiting New Orleans, they get a ton of different foods from the swamps so I'd give it at least a 5f. I played these values in CtP1 and liked the growth rates of my cities as being more in line with reality.
            Although with the new production model used in CtP2, all this may be moot.

------------------
            History is written by the victor.

Comment

• Wes,
              When you're tinkering with the Happiness value don't forget that cities need to be further apart in CTP2 than they did in C:CTP.
              Respectfully,

------------------
              Big Dave

Do the Vatican police speak Pig Latin?
              Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

• Wes
                When you build an Advanced Farms on grassland or plains you receive + 20 food.
                However if you want to build a Trading Post, Outlet Mall, or Nature Preserve you loose the + 20 food. So the question is could you retore the +20 food to Trading Post, Ourlet Mall or Nature Preserve and I almost forgot the Airport? If not can someone tell me were I can change it in my game?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joseph (edited November 29, 2000).]

Comment

• I'm still waiting to get the game for X-Mas.

Actually, not such a bad thing since I have lots of school work to do. I'm very excited that there may be versions of Wes' mod before I get the game.

If explosive city growth is the problem everyone says it is I would appreciate a mod that reduces the base values for tiles and increases the strength of tile improvements. Is there a way to reduce the value of the city tile and thus reduce ICS? I don't think it was possible in CTP 1, so I imagine it would be difficult for CTP 2 as well.

Thanks to all the players out there who are working hard on modifications.

------------------
                  “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
                  they said.” — President Clinton
                  “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
                  they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

• changing the city values was easy in CtP. In the terrain.txt, until each terrain was a bonus for the city. I had modified mine so that cities in the mountains only got an extra 5f, and desert and snow cities got 0f. I havent delved into the CtP2 files yet, but thats were I'd look first.

------------------
                    History is written by the victor.

Comment

• Since when has many of the wonders in any of the civ games been true to real life... The pyramids counting as graneries in all cities, or the great wall as city walls in all cities... The list goes on. Remember it is supposed to be fun, not real life. Although I agree that the cost could use a bit of an increase. I mean it should be next to impossible for me to build all the wonders in the game on impossible level. But so far that is exacly what I've done. Maybe if we added more wonders, so that the computer can build those while I am building the others, than the wonders wouldn't mean so much, and maybe there would be two or three superpowers in the world... Just some thoughts 'o mine.

------------------
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Elucidus
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

• Since when has many of the wonders in any of the civ games been true to real life... The pyramids counting as graneries in all cities, or the great wall as city walls in all cities... The list goes on. Remember it is supposed to be fun, not real life. Although I agree that the cost could use a bit of an increase. I mean it should be next to impossible for me to build all the wonders in the game on impossible level. But so far that is exacly what I've done. Maybe if we added more wonders, so that the computer can build those while I am building the others, than the wonders wouldn't mean so much, and maybe there would be two or three superpowers in the world... Just some thoughts 'o mine.

------------------
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Elucidus
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

------------------
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Elucidus
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

------------------
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Elucidus
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Diodorus' terrain and improvement changes look very interesting. There is also another thing you can try as well. In const.txt, there is a setting for the amount of food that must be stored before the pop increases. By default it is 175 times the current pop. I am not 'sure' if it is still active in ctp2, but I would think so.

I have thought about changing the city bonus, but I figured it was necessary to get the city going, especially on rough terrain.

Joseph, you can only have one 'standard' improvement (food, prod or commerce), and one 'special' improvement (airport, lookout tower, etc.).

Btw, the risks.txt, which sets goody hut gifts and Barbarian appearances, is exactly the same as in ctp1, so I have simply dropped the risks.txt from the Med mod into the Med mod II.
                              There is also a flag in the diffDB pertaining to the max advance you can get from a hut, but I haven't experimented with it.

In the strategies.txt, Barbarians are listed with the same flags as all the other personalities, so you can make them whatever you want them to be.
                              I have made a few changes to them to get them to garrison their cities, for example.
                              There was also a line in the userprofile.txt in ctp1 that you could set to make new, regular civ whenever a city revolts, rather than Barbarians. I don't know what to do about giving them the old civ's techs, however.

I have had some trouble implementing Harlan's Graphics mod into the Med mod II. The file setup is slightly different in ctp1 and ctp2 when it comes to the ages and building styles, and I can't figure out how to implement the city graphics. If anyone can figure this out, it would be a big help.

I have been working on implementing the new units into the mod, 26 new units in all. Below is a list of them, with where they came from, and their ctp2 name, followed by their sprite's number. The list will be hard to read here, but when I post the file, it will make sense.

Old name New name
                              ------------ ------------

Inserted Ctp1 units SpriteID no.
                              -----------------------------------------
                              1)Ctp1 Cannon Cannon 19
                              2)Ctp1 Cavalry Dragoon 20
                              3)Ctp1 Musketeer Musketeer 22
                              4)Ctp1 Artillery Artillery 28
                              5)Ctp1 Plasmatica Plasmatica 70
                              6)Ctp1 Sp. Marines Storm Marines 73
                              7)Ctp1 Fusion Tank Hovertank 78
                              8)Ctp1 Swarm Swarm 79

Re-named Ctp2 units Newsprite no.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Ctp2 Warrior Man-at-Arms 003
                              Ctp2 Samurai Samurai 006
                              Ctp2 Cannon Culverin 019
                              Ctp2 Spy Secret Agent 034
                              Ctp2 Aircraft Car. Nuclear Car. 036*
                              Ctp2 Bomber Jet Bomber 047
                              Ctp2 Fusion Tank Plasma Cannon 078*
                              Ctp2 Frigate PT Boat 080
                              Ctp2 Artillery Self-Prop. Gun 082

New units
                              ---------------------------------
                              09)EB Zulu Warrior Warrior 001
                              10)EB Zulu Archer Javelineer 009
                              11)TD Slinger Slinger 018
                              12)TD Javelin Cav. Light Cavalry 028
                              13)TD Noble Cavalry Heavy Cavalry 066
                              14)TD Swordsman Swordsman 067
                              15)TD Ironclad Monitor 070
                              16)HT Horse Archer Horse Archer 071
                              17)TD Egyptian Spear Spearman 072
                              18)HT Frigate Frigate 073
                              19)TD Spy Spy 074
                              ***Militia pic Militia pic 076
                              20)TD Noble Noble 081
                              21)HT Galleon Galleon 083
                              22)HT Carrier Carrier 084
                              23)AP Missile Cr. Missile Cruiser 085
                              24)HT B-17 Bomber 086
                              25)HT Dive Bomber Dive Bomber 087
                              26)AP Helicopter Attack Heli. 088

TD Fyrdman (unused) 091
                              TD Arquebusier (unused) 092
                              TD Bombard (unused) 093
                              TD Cog (Caravel) (unused) 094
                              95+ open
                              * civ_str change only

I have been noticing some interesting unit flags as I go along. I will try and put these observations together along with some others I have made in another post or thread in the future.

Comment

• Nearly can't wait to get my fingers on the game...

Wes, when you write, that slavers/abolitionist/clerics can be sued - then I think we are missing a form for an "old" lawyer to do the job?! Just as we have "old" spies and so.

The idea sueing these units are very good indeed.
                                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X