fishtrawlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishtrawlers

what do you think of the idea to get rid off all those unrealistic fisheries and instead use fishing boats similiar to those (in)famous cows?

Why not a even better idea. I moving ship you place in a good location. That when you end turn gets killed and turns to a TI (which will allow enemy ships to move over it) that will give food bonuses. And when the new turn begins it becames a moving ship again.

But dont expect me to do this i have to much to do
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

that way your civil fleets can't be sunk. remember anyone the canadian navy firing at portugese (iirc) trawlers about 10 years ago? *g*

Comment

hay i love Pedrunn's idea, and it'll be pillaged instead of sunk, nice

Comment

actually when thinking about it... why not capture them and use them at your own coast?

Comment

can anyone do it?

Comment

*cough* AI *cough*
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yeah but have you heard of the Codwar beetween Iceland and England the british guarded their trawlers with frigates when they were steeling our fish(when iceland expanded their jurisdiction but still a handful of guard ships (a little slow boats about the size of a trawler) kicked their ass though the frigates sailed on them. so there should be a ship that could expel them (and of courseyou should be able to fish in other countrie's sees

But then again there comes the AI
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

I don't think the fisheries should be removed, CtP2 is a grand strategy game and is using abstract concepts to simulate some aspects of the game. IMO, building fisheries, and this is true for most of the TIs, just means you are spending more of your resources to develop the fishing industry and not that you are actually building "fisheries".
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

In my scenario one unit you can build can actually steel imps and convert them directly to public works minus a small fee works however this is only achievable because this civ has Gaia. However they don’t poses obelisk or satellites which means they most get stuff to use the gaia controller.
                    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

this sounds a like a nice unit for other mods too.
                      where is the needed code etc. ?

Comment

Working...
                      X