Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoopy's Terrain For Ctp2

Final tilefile for version 1 is in the Ekmek Tile thread
    you can get the gtset555 and the TGAs there. Thanks for everyone's help.

(original post follows)
    Since I'm stuck in Kuwait and cant install games I've been able to get tileedit working and started converting some of SNOOPY's terrain graphics from Civ3 for the tile files in CTP2. And since I'm not a pro at this I might need some help.

1. I have them in Bitmaps, I think they have to be TGAs, is there a specific format etc?

2. Is there a list of terrains so I know what to replace

3. Anyone willing to test it once I get it compiled because I can't play and games on military computers.

4. Are there already better Terrain graphic mods and I might as well stop this?

I'll probably have a lot more questions later...

attachment removed...latest at bottom of thread
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

1. 16/24/32bit uncompressed tga's

2. Ive attached the ctp2 terrain.txt

3. Yep

4. Ive almost finished converting the ctp1 terrains to use in a scenario/mod but apart from that no ones made any terrain mods AFAIK.
    Attached Files
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

"3 words" Dont Give Up

I wanna see this
      Oxygen should be considered a drug
      Tiberian Sun Retro
      My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
      http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

I'm still plugging away at this. I will need help putting into the til file when I get most done. only 100 or more to go...

Comment

How are you choosing which parts of the Civ3 terrain to convert? For example to replace the first plains tile, i found it best to just pick the one that closely matches the ctp2 terrain and the just replace the tga. Fortunately the first plains tile doesnt have any borders so you dont have to worry about it interconnecting until you make the borders.

Youre only replacing the ctp2 terrain and border tga's right? And not creating new rules?
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I only plan on replacing CTP2's not making new rules. I'll probably keep the ctp2 water and beach tiles, the are pretty good any ways. I just plan to put in the sn00py land files, like plains mountains etc. Swamp won't be replaced. I don't know if I need to replace the border tiles since the ransitions should blend in ok since they are not that radically different. We'll see.

I do wonder, what is the other til file with the mixed colors?

How do I import my tgas into a til file so I can start replacing?

Comment

The one with the mixed colours is the one that the game actually uses. You can make the colours look normal by choosing an appropriate option in TileEdit somewhere.

You can import new graphics either one at a time with the TileEdit GUI or else by writing a script file like when you make a sprite (only much longer...). If you export to script & tgas you can see what's going on.

Comment

My job changed so it has slowed down progress. On top of that I found oput that this computer doesnt have the software to convert to TGAs so I might need help with that. Here is what I have so far. note that i used the colony and other improvement graphics as which i figure can touch up ctp2 also.

Comment

Looks good E. Keep converting them if you can, im using them.

If you want to convert them to tga's before you can download a trial for Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, probably need broadband too.

By the way are some of these from Play the World? Only i havent seen some of them before. Hopefully i can get a copy so i can use the new terrains.

Comment

I just noticed theyre all 98 x 76, to import them into TileView they need to be 94 x 72

Comment

I cropped all the images to 94*72 and converted them to 16bit uncompressed tga's.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I wasnt gonna post a screenshot, but heres basically how far ive got with it so far and it kinda demostrates why you need new borders most of the time. Theyre pretty easy to make if you have a full isometric of the tile, just "cut-out" the border with the "paste as transparent" command, kind of like a pastry cutter.

Also ive been experimenting with using no borders at all, using alot more rules and unique tiles, so theres no need for borders and you can have a much more random looking terrain spread. Ill have to see how exactly how hardcoded ctp2 allows for that though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bit blotchy, but very nice so far
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I just noticed theyre all 98 x 76, to import them into TileView they need to be 94 x 72
                            Thats a fault in TileEdit that changes the sizes, i had some problem (although i think its fixed in the latest version)

and those terrains your talking about Maq, there all in Sn00py's mod, the civ3 official ones are just the same but looks as thought they used a different pallete AKA they look cheap.

Anyway its looking good, Very good, im looking forward to it

-James
                            Oxygen should be considered a drug
                            Tiberian Sun Retro
                            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Thats a fault in TileEdit that changes the sizes, i had some problem (although i think its fixed in the latest version)
                              Well, no it's not a bug, you probably used "Save Image" and not "Save Tile"
                              "Save Image" saves whatever image is displayed in the main display (including the image border) while "Save Tile" saves the tile as it is found in the tile-file. Both options use the current background color.

Note that "Save Image" can save the image as a windows bitmap and jpeg as well as tga.

Martin the Dane
                              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
                              X