No announcement yet.

Religion Code for SAP - BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to add religion.slc to a normal game (not SAP) by adding the necessary unit, goal, order and slic-file, or will there be additional problems like undefined variables etc.?

Comment

What mod do you mean? Except for Craddle thats true since Craddle has the nomad unit. But that is a very easy fix.

Just say the mod I can give you a version
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

I've no mod installed, only some additional slic and some other modifications in text files. I know I have to add the priest and to edit the unitbuildlist for the AI but I'm not sure about other changes that could be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
          Lets just wait Locutus find some time to add it
          I was just wondering if this file has been added to Apolyton. If not, which version of the one's above should I down load?

Thanks.
          "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

Nope. It's yet to be submitted (or at least it wasn't in the queue this morning).

I think 3 files above are identical, so it doesn't matter. But I could be wrong, in which case I'm sure Pedrunn or mapfi will correct me.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I submited it!!!! I thought you already had it.

Download the one in the first post. Which is a zip file. The others are judt the code. Wont help.
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Thanks Pedrunn

I'll install it this weekend (I'm a weekend gamer, RL and all that)

I'll let you know how plays.
                "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

Great! Dont forget to gives us feedback. What can a modder do without a player
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

BTW, do I have to include/change anything in the main SAP files like APOL_script.slc. or APOL_main.slc.?

Comment

No just unzip inside the main CTP2 directory as all the other mods. That a new modwapper option will show up when launching it
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Final question, I'm using Peter's updater file, do you know if there could be any conflicts between these two programs?

Thanks again.

Comment

not conflict. Just the updater that wont work
                          Since the file name of the updater has to be included in this mod. And to include the updater you need to find the file named

APOLrel_script.slc

I guess you are using the new updater, so write in the APOLrel_script.slc file the following line:
                          Code:
                          #include APOL_updater2.slc
                          I hope i was clear
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

New final questions

I'm also using some of Martin's mod's: MG_ComImpsForAIs3.slc” and "GM1_airunit.slc", which are included in the APOL_main.slc.

As well as the capture city mod and the "MG_BetterAI.slc" in the APOL_script.slc. I noticed that in the APOLrel_script.slc file you include the line

#include "APOL_main.slc"

So the first two should be loaded in the game with religion right? To get the other two to work I have to include them in the APOLrel_script.slc right?

Sorry if they're dumb questions

Comment

You are right. The APOLrel_script.slc included the APOL_main.slc that includes the files you mentioned. So they will be included in the game. And if the APOL_updater2.slc from the previous question is included in the APOL_main.slc you dont need to write that line. Or you will include it twice

Seems so confusing but it is not. you got the logic of it so you wont have a problem understand what i said

It wanst dumb at all. Actually you figured by your own. Some people would have trouble doing that.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
                                I submited it!!!! I thought you already had it.
                                Well, I double-checked and walked through the DB but can't find it anywhere. Something must have gone wrong in submitting it. What category did you submit it for?

Either way, please submit it again if you still want it added (if you're not sure if it'll work, you can also email/PM/ICQ all the data to me and I'll add it for you - but only if you provide me with everything that I need and don't force me to improvise).
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X