No announcement yet.

Barbarian ideas (not just encampment) but that too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To make the Barbarians to use the spies nuke ability you have also give the Barbarians enough gold and you should put some spies on the map two, e.g. when a Barbarian unit appears.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Whats the latest on this then ?
      Oxygen should be considered a drug
      Tiberian Sun Retro
      My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
      http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

I think i fixed the options for a barbarian capture take city, became new civ, pillage city and give it back to its owner.
        It isnt tested though.
        You can test by playing with the player 0 (barbs) changed through the cheat editor and taking some cities to check the 3 effects

The bad news is that doenst seems to be possible to add a unit in the build queue through slic it just doent work.
        So it has to be done through the strategies.txt
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

oops forgot the attachment
          Attached Files
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Im testing it now pedrunn

P.S. Do the camps only appear out of your city radius like civ3
            Or should i stop being so impatient and just seen ingame in a sec
            Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

I dunno whats going on but I add #include "barbs.slc
              to the script.slc and it gives me a syntax error in script.slc

I then tried adding it in the cradle script.slc's and it does the same with those
              Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

The code doest have any problem. I retested its loading. It was you that must have mispelled #include "barbs.slc"

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                #include "barbs.slc
                Let me guess you forgot the closing "

-Jean Rostand

Comment

Ive tried the code so far and its great

The barbs when attack a city either captured it, decreased its population and appeared back in the nearest camp or (with a size one city) destroyed it and walked out of it again

I was playing as Player 0. My units where auto moving and seemed to automatically find each other to make stacks which was cool

I still had the ability to build wonders, settlers improvements etc but im assuming when there AI controled they just wont build them.

Three things
                  The barb camps should only appear in Fog of war (which i think they do already)

There should be no city radius for the barb cities in my opinion

Most importantly, I didnt get one message. I put the messages in the info_str.txt but not one appeared eg
                  Barbarian encampment near bla bla or wen i destroyed a barb encampment I didnt get a message showing it etc

Didnt take not if I recieved PW or gold for destroying a camp but if i did there was no message
                  Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

The barbs when attack a city either captured it, decreased its population and appeared back in the nearest camp or (with a size one city) destroyed it and walked out of it again
                    The foundina a new citvilization didnt work ?!?

I was playing as Player 0. My units where auto moving and seemed to automatically find each other to make stacks which was cool
                    My code makes the barbarians units move to a square near the barbarian city (read emcampment here) where they will group until a size of equal or bigger than 4. Then they can move freely as defined in its strategy. This will make an emcampment much more scary

I still had the ability to build wonders, settlers improvements etc but im assuming when there AI controled they just wont build them.
                    The barbs are a regular civiliztion. The difference other than have units from nowhere appearing in the map is that it has it own strategy and pesonality defined respectively in the strategies.txt and in the personalities.txt thats what make them not build these stuffs.

The barb camps should only appear in Fog of war (which i think they do already)
                    The camps appear ramdomly in the map i a location not owned by anyone. Can you more specific about what you call fog of war.

There should be no city radius for the barb cities in my opinion
                    I cant do that unless the city camp is a size 0 city (yes, it is possible). What isnt a bad idea It will require changes in the texts and the city wont be able to build anything since there wll be no pop in the city therefore i will have to create units in the city location through slic to simulate its building. What you think?

Most importantly, I didnt get one message. I put the messages in the info_str.txt but not one appeared eg
                    Barbarian encampment near bla bla or wen i destroyed a barb encampment I didnt get a message showing it etc
                    Are you sure you own the nearest city to the camp and you are less than 20 tile away? Other than that you should have gotten the message

Didnt take not if I recieved PW or gold for destroying a camp but if i did there was no message
                    Are you sure it was camp (barbarian city created in the map from nowhere? Other than that you should have gotten the message and the bonus
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Can you more specific about what you call fog of war.
                      ie. The parts of the map you have explored but cannot currently see cause you have no units in the square or whatever

I cant do that unless the city camp is a size 0 city (yes, it is possible). What isnt a bad idea It will require changes in the texts and the city wont be able to build anything since there wll be no pop in the city therefore i will have to create units in the city location through slic to simulate its building. What you think?
                      PERFECT!, and I remember this was mentioned for the colonie but someone didnt like it because they said it had to have a pop. Well the thing is a size 1 city has equivilent to (1000) people i think it is so a size 0 barbarian camp could be anything below that

And to the last two, i did own the nearest city but i switched to that civ after the camp was created so good reason why I wouldnt of got the message. However in the other two instances I definitly should have got the message.

P.S. Is there anyway to name places on the map like in AC and CIV3 eg right click and get an option to name that part of the land.
                      Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

And to the last two, i did own the nearest city but i switched to that civ after the camp was created so good reason why I wouldnt of got the message. However in the other two instances I definitly should have got the message.
                        That is the reason then. You only get the messages with the player you are current playing with.

ie. The parts of the map you have explored but cannot currently see cause you have no units in the square or whatever.
                        I think
                        Will try at night.

PERFECT!, and I remember this was mentioned for the colonie but someone didnt like it because they said it had to have a pop. Well the thing is a size 1 city has equivilent to (1000) people i think it is so a size 0 barbarian camp could be anything below that
                        I will try at night.

P.S. Is there anyway to name places on the map like in AC and CIV3 eg right click and get an option to name that part of the land.
                        Dont think so
                        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                        X