No announcement yet.

Barbarian ideas (not just encampment) but that too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i missed my last college lesson which lasted (lasting two hours) Walked all the way there as well (lucky Jersey is a small island
    I promise i wont tell anybody

For the bribe code:

Martin, do you know wich one are the possible values for the entry
    Code:
      TargetPretest:
    of the orders.txt? Or anyone else does?

- Thanks for the remove wonder info.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Here is everything I have about TargetPretest:

Code:
      None	
      EnemyCity	
      OwnCity	
      EnemyArmy	
      EnemySpecialUnit	
      EnemySettler	
      EnemyTradeUnit	
      TradeRoute	
      TerrainImprovement	
      MovePosition	
      AttackPosition	
      Transport	
      AdjacentPosition
      -Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Small typo in the scripts

BARB_PLUNDERED_CITY "Sir! The Barbarians tribe have utterly pillaged the our city of {city[0].name}

but a tiny problem to say the most.

Anyway a couple of things (i still havent tested it but have dled it and I am going to test it right after this post)

1. I thought it was going to be random weather you got PW, Gold or a little of both from a barb encampment when u destroyed it.

The uprising are defined in the file risks.txt my code only deal with emcampments. But i can make messages pop up if a barbarian stacks gets to close to a city. But this could make message poping up to repeatitively and making the game boring.
        I was thinking rather differently. You know as well as I that barbs appear randomly. Well could you not make the message trigger only when the barbarian appearing event takes place. And even then the event would have to be say 5 tiles near one of your cities. This would mean it would only appear every so often (probably not that much at all) And I was talking about making the barb hordes bigger, this is related to this. As when the barbarians randomly appeared (like they do) and they are a big horde of different (hopefully eventually barbarian specific) units (like the amount in civ2) and they are near a city and the message pops up. Not only will it be shock the hell outa you but it will also be VERY helpful.

Ok im off to test and mess around with the SLIC now ill post tonight (or tommorow even as its 11:30pm) and let u know of the results etc.

P.S. Will you eventually make the general CtP2 AI build big navies ???? anyway keep up the good work

EDIT: Oh yea just before I go, how come in none of the scripts youve included the name of the barbarian tribe, im sure this could be done as the name of the tribe is the same as the name of the encampment in which the barbarian units came from ??
        Oxygen should be considered a drug
        Tiberian Sun Retro
        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
          Small typo in the scripts

BARB_PLUNDERED_CITY "Sir! The Barbarians tribe have utterly pillaged the our city of {city[0].name}

but a tiny problem to say the most.
          Ooops
          1. I thought it was going to be random weather you got PW, Gold or a little of both from a barb encampment when u destroyed it.
          We can go over this tiny details after the main idea of the code is working.

I was thinking rather differently. You know as well as I that barbs appear randomly. Well could you not make the message trigger only when the barbarian appearing event takes place. And even then the event would have to be say 5 tiles near one of your cities. This would mean it would only appear every so often (probably not that much at all) And I was talking about making the barb hordes bigger, this is related to this. As when the barbarians randomly appeared (like they do) and they are a big horde of different (hopefully eventually barbarian specific) units (like the amount in civ2) and they are near a city and the message pops up. Not only will it be shock the hell outa you but it will also be VERY helpful.
          These messages can go in the next version of this code. About making the stacks biggers i already thought in a way to make stacks bigger if there is a city camp around

P.S. Will you eventually make the general CtP2 AI build big navies ???? anyway keep up the good work
          It is a totally different code. And I had some bad experience in moving stacks through slic before. But i guess we could think on trying this later after we have this code finished. Doesnt the Martins BetterAI code gives a improvement in this area?

EDIT: Oh yea just before I go, how come in none of the scripts youve included the name of the barbarian tribe, im sure this could be done as the name of the tribe is the same as the name of the encampment in which the barbarian units came from ??
          The name of the barb tribe is going to have the same name of the encampment in wich it was created therefore it is defined in the civ_str.txt. Where there is a list of the city in the order they are built.

Anyway a couple of things (i still havent tested it but have dled it and I am going to test it right after this post)
          Ok im off to test and mess around with the SLIC now ill post tonight (or tommorow even as its 11:30pm) and let u know of the results etc.

Code:
           Here is everything I have about TargetPretest:
          And this is all i need

For Modders:
          Is there a way to know in wich barbarian difficult level the game is in?
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ok!

Well ive added the barbs.slc to H:\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

and I have written #include "barbs.slc" at the bottom of the script.slc

And when i try to start the game i get this

" H:\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\barbs.slc:130: syntax error "

EDIT:
            It is a totally different code. And I had some bad experience in moving stacks through slic before. But i guess we could think on trying this later after we have this code finished. Doesnt the Martins BetterAI code gives a improvement in this area?
            I have never tried martins BetterAI as I play MM2, I think im gunna start playing Cradle now, seems to have more in it. Shame cause i dont wont to loose the stuff in MM2 nevermind. Just a stand in until HotW mod comes out

Anyway i really want to test this script for you so any ideas on the above ???
            Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Oooops again

A missing ';' at the end.

Try this code now.
              Attached Files
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Cheers wildo right now

P.S what mod do u play
                Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Ok it boots and everything fine but when i take my very first turn it says this:

" H:\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\barbs.slc:117: Array index 0 out of bounds "
                  Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

I am current making my own mod.
                    If you get too curious about check the charts:

Note: The unitChart and any info about goods will be totally changed since i plan to add strategic resources.
                    And the readme isnt finished it. Some important info are missing.
                    Attached Files
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ok it boots and everything fine but when i take my very first turn it says this:

" H:\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\barbs.slc:117: Array index 0 out of bounds "
                      I click ok and it says:

" In object SetGlobalVariable, variables 'BarbTribe' and 'noname' are of different types "

"In object SetGlobalVariable, variables 'ClosestToBarbCity' and 'SetGlobalVariable#tmpCity' are of different types"

In object SetGlobalVariable, function _PlayerCityCount: Wrong type of argument"

Phew! and thats it, hope you know what that all means anyway im going to bed in a min but i would like to know what you think on these things
                      Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Just Forget this
                        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ok! Here is the newest code. Error message dont show up anymore. And the best part: It Works

Added: i made camp coordinate the formation of stacks therefore it is very bad to have a camp near you.
                          It gets all armies that are smaller than 4 in a radius 10 from the camp and sends them to a location near the camp. In this location the units are grouped and once the army has a size bigger then 4 the army is free to perform its terror . Yet if an army shares a location with another army/unit this unit becomes part of the stack.
                          Attached Files
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

I have never tried martins BetterAI as I play MM2, I think im gunna start playing Cradle now, seems to have more in it. Shame cause i dont wont to loose the stuff in MM2 nevermind. Just a stand in until HotW mod comes out
                            Therefore you should play GoodMod v.1.0 it contains now also a version for the MedPack2 setup.

Actual it just moves land units into ships but does not make the AI to build more ships of course this can be easily adjusted by chnaging the SeaUnitsPercent in the AI strategies of the strategies.txt.

-Martin

Comment

I've been thinking of some more Barb. possibilities, namely, I think that in modern era, they should have stronger weapons... Including the possibility of Nukes. Does anybody agree with me when I say that modern day "barbararians" should have a status similar to terrorists? For realism, I think that this is something to look into. I think that it would make the game very interesting if out of nowhere you could get nuked by a barbarian...

Comment

Once a civ has discovered a tech that enables a certain type of unit the Barbarian will use this type of unit. To give them nukes is another dimension of course if you change the status of nukes from speceal unit to normal land based unit the Barbarians will get one. Presuming there is anough free space in the end available to appear for them.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X