Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Improvement Sound Problem

Hey there all!!

It has been awhile since I have been around the CTP2 posts... real life sound of took a toll on me... but I'm back and have a bit of a problem that I hope all the fantastic modders here can help with.

(I hope this has not been addressed in another post - please forgive me if it has.)

I have lost the tile improvement sound effects from vanilla CTP2 (ya know... the sounds played when you build the thingies). I have CTP2, the official patch, Apolyton Pack 1.02 (v1.01 first then the update - fantastic patch, BTW), and GoodMOD 0.99 (also fantastic). I have no problem with the tile improvement sound effects in the Apolyton Pack w/GoodMOD, but when I switch to "original game" in MODSwapper, everything is back to normal excepting for the tileimp sounds.

I tried going line-by-line through both SOUNDS.TXT and the GM1_SOUNDS.TXT comparing them to see what might be the problem, but my failing eyes (and lack of modding knowledge - which is soon to be improved!) could not find anything. I would sure appreciate any assistance anyone would care to offer.

Thanks a bunch!!
    Arktiem

you need to include mg_soundfix.slc into the default script.slc.

Add to script.slc the line:
    Code:
    #include "mg_soundfix.slc"
    And it should work.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hail and thank you!!!

Thank you so very much, Immortal One!!! That SLIC did the trick!!

I know I will have lots of other MODding questions in the near future and it is such a joy to know there is a wondrous group of dedicated CTP'ers out there willing to offer their assitance. Thanks again!

Arktiem

Comment

no problem
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
        X