No announcement yet.

Unique Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, is there any way to code a Minor Golden Age, that makes Everybody Hate you , then enslave you , then conquer you , but you finally manage to Claw your way back up, to a Modern Day Golden Age , that unfortunately, also makes everybody hate you?

Contrast this with the British, who had a Three Hundred Year long GOLDEN AGE, which, so far at least, hasn't bitten them in the Butt!
    If you Ignore YOUR Rights, they Will go away.

Comment

Sorry to rain on your period but there is no evidence f mass slavery in Egypt so I think that blows the first section in to oblivion.(actually quit the opposite most builders of Egypt show signs of being look after greatly by doctors etc

So sorry half you works gone and for the other hard very hard to put in ctp2
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

period
        parade, possibly?

Its not so much impossible to put this into CtP2, but it would give the game rather a rigid structure, and force you to follow a storyline that, lets face it, isn't very nice. It might make a good scenario, but for a mod, the aim is usually to present a way to rewrite history as it might have been if...[something]
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Big Mc, you hit 500 posts, have an avatar
          Attached Files
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

i got to 500 post. no way
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Its not so much impossible to put this into CtP2, but it would give the game rather a rigid structure, and force you to follow a storyline that, lets face it, isn't very nice. It might make a good scenario, but for a mod, the aim is usually to present a way to rewrite history as it might have been if...[something]
              This is exaclywhy i would never put it into a mod. As i said a long before, i want to rewrite history not relive it.
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Well, that's exactly why I was thinking of Locutus' CtP3 Mod.

His Concept of Religions as Multiple, mutually exclusive, Advances, would make this sort of Progression, a natural consequence, of either Forward, or Backward, Thinking.

In other words, before you could Research either Christianity, or Islam, someone, and if it penalizes a Civilization enough, not you, would have to Research Judaism, first.

Furthermore, once the Timeline reaches the Middle Ages there could be an option for a Civilization who stayed, perhaps Stupidly, on the Judaism Branch, to Research Rabbinic Judaism, instead.

Now, this would be a Very weak branch Millitarily, but it would provide a lot of Unconventional Attacks, probably related to Scholarship, Banking, or even Infiltration, e.g. False Conversion, Techniques.

This would all be to Enforce an Uneasy Status Quo, perhaps even slightly to their disadvantage, with a Civilization on The Christian Branch, and a Peaceful Coexistence, with someone on the Muslim Branch.

Moreover, a Civilization on the Muslim Branch, would have a slight Millitary Advantage, over one, on the Christian Branch, thereby creating the "I Kill you, he Kills me, you Kill him" Trade-Off, that has made Rock, Scissors, Paper, so Successful.

As to IW's Observation, that this would force a Player to deal with a Situation that, to put it mildly, isn't very nice; well, I thought that you guys Wanted, a Challenge

Oh well, I guess that you would have to be Crazy, or Suicidal, or maybe even both, to stay on such a Research Branch through the Middle Ages, but the Pay-Off would come in the Modern Era, and the Weapons that have allowed a Tiny State, to defeat a Succession, of othewise Stronger Opponents, and the, near, Suicidal Craziness, to use them!

Comment

Well, Big MC, technically it's only 1/8 of my work, and I'm okay with that

But, seriously, there is evidence of Semitic Rule, in Egypt, e.g. the Hyskos, prior to the reign of Ramses II, and Genetic Evidence, that the Jewish Priestly Line, began around the Same Period. The rest is, still, kinda murky, but what else would you expect from a Story, that has become more Myth, than Fact.

Edit: Er, Hyksos, darn Lesdyxia kickin' in, again!

D'oh!

BTW, Congratulations on the New Avatar, you look good enough to Eat

Comment

Originally posted by ZaphodBeeblebrx
                    In other words, before you could Research either Christianity, or Islam, someone, and if it penalizes a Civilization enough, not you, would have to Research Judaism, first.

Furthermore, once the Timeline reaches the Middle Ages there could be an option for a Civilization who stayed, perhaps Stupidly, on the Judaism Branch, to Research Rabbinic Judaism, instead.

Now, this would be a Very weak branch Millitarily, but it would provide a lot of Unconventional Attacks, probably related to Scholarship, Banking, or even Infiltration, e.g. False Conversion, Techniques.
                    The problem here is that players would avoid this Judaism Branch, because it would make the player too weak, espeacily with a strong AI, for the AI in the original game I would do it. Actual this is my strategy in the original game first neglect military to gain a lot of advantages in techs and city buildings and then when I established myself I build up an army, to conquer the world. But a strong AI like in Cradle could defeat me easily, so I would avoid it. And if an AI would do it, it would be then to far behind in since and tech it couldn't be a thraed if it would you just attack with obsolete armies. If such a situation occurs than I would be able to take this change to wipe out this civ before it could gain power again. So weak AIs are not good. Therefore the eveery religion should give the player advantages and disadvantages. The ratio between advantages and disadvantages must be well balanced of course.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Alright, now what if the Early Days, of the Judaism Branch, were Very Enticing.

If it offered, for instance, a couple of Powerful Wonders, i.e. The Arc of The Covenant, which would not only offer a Millitary Advantage, possibly deteriorating with range, to reflect Marching Distances, but would also be impossible to Capture, except through Civil War, and Solomon's Temple, which would provide a Happiness Boost, as well as attracting Trade, perhaps over and above, the Visible Wonder Mod's effect.

Unfortunately, when the Arc goes Obsolete, you will find yourself Surrounded, by Angry Neighbors, whom the Arc's Range Limit kept you from Destroying Completely, and sitting on Several, Important Trade Routes

Comment

make it into a scenario then man you seam to want it badly.

but from your amount of post I think your fishing for some one else to do it.

Comment

A little bit from Collumn A, a little bit from Collumn B.

I would make it into a Scenario if I felt that I could do it justice, unfortunately my Programming Skills are pretty much limited to Pretty Pictures.

Even more importantly, though, is the fact that with a little streamlining, this idea could become an interesting facet of a Multiple Religion Mod, as well as provide a Very Accurate depiction of the Socio-Political Atmosphere, that pervaded the Medieval Era, in all its Glory, Grit, and in Europe at least, its Sheer Ignorance.

Comment

Pretty pictures in slic

sorry but slic has never seen Pretty pictures so I think your out of it then

Comment

Working...
                            X