Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there many?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I just took a look. it seems Activision included their customary easter eggs again. The last 7 (guv500-506.wav) are all wierd. The last 3 being some realy camp-sounding voice, one of Sean Connery: "Excuse me, I got to go potty" and a Mr Burns "All you programmers get back to work!" Still, only about 314 to do..
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
        I just took a look. it seems Activision included their customary easter eggs again. The last 7 (guv500-506.wav) are all wierd. The last 3 being some realy camp-sounding voice, one of Sean Connery: "Excuse me, I got to go potty" and a Mr Burns "All you programmers get back to work!" Still, only about 314 to do..
        Yeah, I listened to last ones too - I thought that was Connery; and it sure sounded like Burns.

One thing about the CTP2 game designers - they have a sound for EVERYTHING. . .

Only 314 .wav files. . . ?

No problem. . .

Actually, I found a list of all the sounds located in sounds.txt at:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata

So I am assuming these sounds (and any changes I make) will be valid for the game and all the mods. . .

Comment

sorry, numbered up to 314, actully only about 285 (including the E-eggs)

Comment

Leonidas,
            All you have to do for a mod like this is drop your sound files in the sound folders and change sound.txt in the default\gamedata folder. Note that MedMod and Cradle have their own version of this file (MM2_sound.txt and CRA_sound.txt) but AFAIK all other mods use the default one.

All you have to do is find the right entry in this file and replace the name of the WAV file with the one you want to use. So if you replace the sound you hear when the Warrior moves with your own sound (let's say a file called "BORG.WAV"), all you need to do is replace "WGOOSTEP1.WAV" with "BORG.WAV" in the following line:
            Code:
            SOUND_MOVE_WARRIOR "WGOOSTEP1.WAV"
            Repeat for all other sounds you want to replace...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              Note that MedMod and Cradle have their own version of this file (MM2_sound.txt and CRA_sound.txt) but AFAIK all other mods use the default one.
              That's not true GoodMod has its own GM1_sound.txt, too.
              -Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                Leonidas,
                All you have to do for a mod like this is drop your sound files in the sound folders and change sound.txt in the default\gamedata folder. Note that MedMod and Cradle have their own version of this file (MM2_sound.txt and CRA_sound.txt) but AFAIK all other mods use the default one.

All you have to do is find the right entry in this file and replace the name of the WAV file with the one you want to use. So if you replace the sound you hear when the Warrior moves with your own sound (let's say a file called "BORG.WAV"), all you need to do is replace "WGOOSTEP1.WAV" with "BORG.WAV" in the following line:
                Code:
                SOUND_MOVE_WARRIOR "WGOOSTEP1.WAV"
                Repeat for all other sounds you want to replace...
                Thanks Locutus. That sounds very easy to do. After searching on the web I found an unpacker for the .zfs file, but there was no way I could re-pack it again.

Your way is much easier

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas
                  After searching on the web I found an unpacker for the .zfs file, but there was no way I could re-pack it again.
                  Actal you don't need to repack it just put your new sounds in the directory were you find the sound.zfs and add the waves to your sound.txt. That's all. BTW I would use the zfs reader of Martin the Dane.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                  X