The Voice Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Voice Mod

I posted this in the Cradle thread, but I think it might deserve its own topic.

You can call this "The Voice Mod".

What I think would be fun would be having some new voice-overs for a few of the in-game character's voices.

So, for example I think it would be comical to hear one of the units (using Al Pacino's voice) shouting: "Say hello to my little friend" (a line from the movie Scarface).

Also, it would be a nice touch to add the voices of John Wayne, Bogart, etc. . .

Imagine hearing Sean Connery (especially as the spy) saying "The name's Bond, James Bond."

Any other characters you'd like to hear in the game?

Also, what format are the voice sounds in the game? And can new ones be imported into the game?

They should not be to hard to do but getting the sound to a pc could be more difficult one would need a pc with a tv card and a video of the thing but it seams possible.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Shouldn't be difficult, so long as someone has the patience to track down the files and convert them to wav format.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It isn hard at all. Wes even add some wave from CTP1.
        As IW said the most dificult is the make the wave files. Wich with the proper program shouldnt be hard.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

The voice sounds in CTP2 are in .wav format are they?

Great.

I think most of the voice sounds can be found on the web - I know in the past, I have seen sound bites of many famous scenes from movies posted on various websites.

I'll have to take a look around.

Other characters that would be interesting to hear would be:

1) Clint Eastwood: "Go ahead, make my day."

2) Arnold: "I'll be back."

3) etc. . .

Comment

I did a little checking. The sound effects are in .wav format.

It looks like the character voices are in .zfs format. Is there a program to open this file type and convert .wav files for it?

Comment

Yup. Martin the Dane's first creation. It should be in the CtP Database. You can't add to it, but *.wav files in the ctp2_data/default/sounds directory will take priority once you rewrite sounds.txt
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I seriously doubt Martin's tool is in the CtP1 file database, it's too new for that. Check his website instead.
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Immortal Wombat and Locutus.

I'll have a look at the program

Comment

Thanks Immortal Wombat and Locutus.

I'll have a look at the program

Comment

Hmmm, oh yeah. I was sure I got it there, cos I never had his site noted down anywhere.

Comment

Well, so far I have about a dozen voice clips in .wav format.

But for the life of me I can't find the voice files in CTP2. I checked all the files in the Sound folder, and I even unpacked the .zfs file - nada. All the sound files are sound effects.

Does anyone know where the voice sounds are kept?

Comment

Leonidas:
                          ctp2_data\english\sound\sound.zfs
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: The Voice Mod

Originally posted by Leonidas
                            Imagine hearing Sean Connery (especially as the spy) saying "The name's Bond, James Bond."
                            To tell you the truth, the Spy sound suspiciously like Sean Connery as is. I wonder if his lawyers know?
                            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                              Leonidas:
                              ctp2_data\english\sound\sound.zfs
                              Locutus: Many thanks

Next question: There are dozens of voice sound files in CTP2. Does anyone know what .wav files go with the main characters and units in the game, such as the spy, cleric, lawyer, cavalry, sub, etc?

Is there a list with this info anywhere? Or am I going to have to go through every .wav file manually?

Comment

Working...
                              X